12 Days In...

Zyzzyxx

• Moderators

Hold on! Bulletproof coffee doesn't cut it as breakfast during a Whole30. The protocol is AT LEAST three real meals that include protein as big as the palm of your hand, a measure of fat the size of your thumb, and veggies cooked in that fat that fills the rest of your plate. In addition, you should eat pre- and post-workout meals. Protein and fat before workouts. A few boiled eggs are a good example. Protein and maybe carbs afterwards. Lean protein like chicken breast and carbs like sweet potato are a good example.

During a Whole30, grass fed butter must be "clarified" to remove the milk solids before including it with a meal. Being grass fed is not good enough because the problem the Whole30 is concerned with is the milk solids. You can use any clarified butter or ghee.

• 1 month later...

This morning I decided to make the bullet proof coffee to go with my poached eggs on a huge pile of steamed Napa cabbage flavored with coconut aminos and coconut vinegar. I have to say it may be the best cup of coffee ever. I used homemade ghee and coconut oil. Zapped it in my blender (be sure to put a kitchen towel on the lid) and enjoyed the frothy goodness.

Hold on! Bulletproof coffee doesn't cut it as breakfast during a Whole30. The protocol is AT LEAST three real meals that include protein as big as the palm of your hand, a measure of fat the size of your thumb, and veggies cooked in that fat that fills the rest of your plate.

I'm having a problem that I'm not feeling very hungry throughout the day. I'll wake up, have a cup of homemade bone broth and then bulletproof coffee while I get ready for work. By the time I'm done with that, I'm full until around 10:30/11:30 then I have lunch.

I just don't seem to get hungry as often now, and I'm in my 14th day. Is there something wrong with that? I thought we were only to eat if we got hungry and not for the sake of eating.

You really need to eat 3 wholesome meals a day. Your body doesn't read liquid foods the same way it does whole foods that you chew. Yes bone broth has good vitamins and minerals but drinking that and bullet proof isn't giving your body what it needs to power up your day. My mother always told me that breakfast is the most important meal of the day which I ignored. Now if I don't start my day off with a powerful breakfast, I really notice a difference in how my day goes.

Archived