Never Feeling Full

HannahNic94

Wanted some nutrition advice in regards to my meals. I feel like I am eating a ton of food every day, and I'm still constantly starving! I'm on day 10, could my body still be adjusting to the different diet, or am I missing something nutritionally? Here's what yesterday looked like, for example:

Breakfast - large bowl of ham, potato, and kale soup

Lunch - two fist-sized servings of pot roast, two cups of broccoli, handful of blackberries

Snack - banana and handful of cashews (I was STARVING)

Dinner - deconstructed jalapeno burger with salsa, guacamole, and carrots

I should also add that I am drinking over 80 ounces of water every day, and I always drink a large glass of water or hot tea before I snack to make sure I'm not just thirsty. If it is just my stomach adjusting, when can I expect to this to go away?

• Administrators

It doesn't look like you are adding fat to your meals. Fat is what slows protein absorption and increases satiety. Without fat you'll be starving no matter how much volume you eat.

The soup for breakfast sounds good (assuming the ham is compliant...which is almost impossible to find), but you probably aren't getting 1-2 palm portions of protein or 2-3 cups of veggie-matter. Breakfast is the foundation for your day. Enough days of eating too lightly and you won't really "catch up" later in the day. Bump that breakie up and add fat to your meals and you should feel better soon.

I agree, add Avocado, Grass fed butter and Olive oil to your diet. Also Eggs are great too. Its very hard to make sure you are getting enough calories in, especially if you work out so make sure you are eating a good portion of meat at each meals with healthy fats along with them.  Sweet Potatoe fries I find are an awesome filler. Good luck :)

• Moderators
1 hour ago, jaxster said:

I agree, add Avocado, Grass fed butter and Olive oil to your diet. Also Eggs are great too. Its very hard to make sure you are getting enough calories in, especially if you work out so make sure you are eating a good portion of meat at each meals with healthy fats along with them.  Sweet Potatoe fries I find are an awesome filler. Good luck :)

Avocado and olive oil are great options, but on Whole30, no butter unless it's been clarified or turned into ghee. Sweet potato fries are okay if you make them yourself and don't deep fry them.

You might want to double check the rules of the program

I make my own sweet potato fries using less than a tablespoon of Olive or Avocado Oil for several servings they come out lovely. Trick is to cook them at like 375 for a decent amount of time so they do not burn.  I did mean clarified butter also. Ive purchased and read the book and have been doing well. I am enjoying it so far, all be it a bit challenging with working out 4x week with a trainer and eating enough calories per day.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, jaxster said:

I make my own sweet potato fries using less than a tablespoon of Olive or Avocado Oil for several servings they come out lovely. Trick is to cook them at like 375 for a decent amount of time so they do not burn.  I did mean clarified butter also. Ive purchased and read the book and have been doing well. I am enjoying it so far, all be it a bit challenging with working out 4x week with a trainer and eating enough calories per day.

Oh, good! It's always hard to tell if someone just didn't specify clarified vs not or baked fries vs fried, or if they're just not familiar with the program yet.

Don't focus too much on calories, just make your meals meet the template, don't skimp on the fat (choose at least one or more of the fat options on the template, in addition to what you cook in), and be sure you're eating at least a post-WO on days you work out, and the pre-WO if you're working out first thing in the morning or several hours after your previous meal. (If you feel you're really not getting enough food just doing those things -- and some people do need more -- this article has some tips geared toward people who need to make sure they don't lose any weight or possibly need to gain some, they might be helpful for you.)

Archived