low grade nausea

MangoAtPlay

Hi Everyone -

I'm on Day 11 and I've had consistent low grade nausea almost every day and definitely every morning.  I have a lot of life stress right now too so I'm sure that doesn't help. Anyone else experience this?  I'm trying to eat anyway and some meals I love but today it's hard to choke anything down.  Any tips?

• Moderators

Hard to give any sort of directed advice or tips if we don't know what you're doing currently.  Please list out a few days of what you've been eating including portion sizes related to the template, specific veggies, protein, fat and fruits, water intake, stress etc...and we can see if there's something that can be tweeked... personally I would place money on the fact that you're not eating enough...

Of course!

Day 9:

Breakfast: boiled egg, banana, almond butter

Lunch: 3 eggs with tomatoes, peppers, onions, hash browns, bacon

Dinner: Salad, full chicken breast, Brussel sprouts, tomatoes, boiled egg, radish

Day 10:

Breakfast:  Strawberries, banana, almond butter, bacon

Lunch: full chicken breast, Brussel sprouts, strawberries, boiled egg, orange

Dinner:  Salad with tomatoes, peppers, radish, beef with marinara sauce (this was so good!)

Day 11: (today)

Breakfast: strawberries, potatoes, coffee

Lunch: salad, boiled egg, radishes, half chicken breast, strawberries

I drink a lot of water through the day and sometimes the Publix lemon flavored seltzer water.

• Moderators

Have you seen the meal template?  It's linked in my signature below... here are some notes tho:

* eggs when they are your sole source of protein are as many as you can hold in one hand without dropping... most people start at 3-4.  If you dont' want to eat that much egg, you can add another protein alongside.

* bacon is a fat on whole30

* nuts and their products are notoriously hard on the digestive system as well as being poorly fat balanced, so the recommendation is a closed handful of whole nuts every other day at most... 

* Every meal needs fat and we dont' count the fat that items are cooked in, so most of your meals are lacking

* Fruit is recommended to be 0-2 fist sized servings per day and only eaten WITH a meal, not AS a meal or snack... 

* not eating enough causes nausea which makes you not want to eat enough which causes nausea... the only way to fix is to eat sufficient amounts of food...

Personally, if I ate this little amount of food that was laced with so many nuts and fruit I would feel terrible. Acquaint yourself with the template and try and make your meals match... you'll feel a LOT better.

Archived