Can't decide on Reintroduction method

MicMD2503

Hi everyone ! I'm on Day 29 of my first round of Whole 30 so the end is in sight (yay for me !) and I feel really good (must be that tiger blood working...)

So this is my issue...I'm considering which method of reintroduction to choose and not really sure...I thought I would do the Fast method, and this will take me to the time when I leave on a 5 day vacation trip where I will be with other people and likely to be tempted to eat several non-compliant foods...

On the other hand, there are some things I could still live without for the time being so would it be better to do the Slow method, whereby I re-introduce only those things I am really tempted to have on my trip.  Factor in we will be eating out a lot more on our trip, and I'll have less control over what foods are available.  I'm a bit fuzzy on the Slow concept ...

Or, should I just continue eating Whole 30 BEYOND tomorrow and then taking a break for 5 days and going back to the program once I am back home.

Any suggestions and comments are welcome !

• Administrators

If you are going to be going on a holiday, I would do as much reintro as you can so that you can see how your body reacts with different foods. If, for example, dairy gives you severe stomach pains, that's something you'd want to know before you go on your trip.

Most of the time, in my experience, people go on their vacation thinking "I'll just do mostly Whole30, I won't have desserts and alcohol and fried foods at all" and then they are on their trip, throw down a couple adult beverages and go completely beserk, thus undoing their Whole30. I'm not saying that's going to be you, but the number of times I've seen it happen is greater than the number of times that people really sort of stuck to their plan. It's vacation.............you are supposed to enjoy yourself. :) So find out how things make you feel and then make decisions from there.

I would probably recommend you tee up another Whole30 for some point when you get back when you can do it and then spend some time doing less hurried reintroductions.

What @ladyshanny said is the best answer! Coming from experience, I did a Whole30 and then went straight into an all-inclusive resort vacation. This was before really evaluating my food freedom and let me say I went a little crazy on certain foods. And it was totally worth it! You learn a lot when you totally lose it with food, or at least I did. I did go into another Whole30 almost immediately after, just to reset in general. 

Whatever method you go with, make sure you enjoy your vacation! :)

Archived