Final Stats After My First Whole30

Veritaserum

I'm a 32-year-old mother of six. My youngest is 5 months old. I chose to do Whole30 because I have Hashimoto's Thyroiditis and I wanted to see if drastically changing my diet could help. It did. :)

• I lost 11.5 pounds (~7% of my starting weight).
  • I lost almost 9 inches off my body (mostly from my belly/hips).
  • I gained a huge appreciation for Real Food and how great my body feels and performs when I feed it properly. :)

Congratulations! I'd love to hear how it affected your Hashimoto's Thyroiditis specifically.

I felt like my thyroid issues had really shut down my metabolism and that my endocrine system was just out of balance. I felt sluggish, jittery, foggy, and depressed and no matter what I did I could not lose weight. Eating the Whole30 way has helped me feel balanced, clean, and healthy in a way I haven't in a long time. I had a physical last week and I told my doctor about it. She spoke positively and said she has a patient with Hashimoto's who has thus far managed the disease by eating this way without a need for medication. I don't know that I'll ever be able to get off my meds, but I think changing my diet is allowing my body to use them more effectively. :)

Archived