Hungry in between meals!!!!

merih

Hi - I'm so happy on Whole 30 - First real attempt. I'm almost two weeks in and have so many NSV already... but I have one issue. I have long days waking at 5:45am and bed by 10pm. I find I need to snack way too much, with approved snacks.  My meals seem big and yet I get very hungry every 2-3 hours. From all I read every states they ARENT hungry. I'm having 4-5 ounces of protein with everymeal,  fats and plenty of vegetables and sometimes fruit with my meals. What am I doing wrong that I'm still hungry every 2-3 hours?

Thanks for your help

52 minutes ago, merih said:

Hi - I'm so happy on Whole 30 - First real attempt. I'm almost two weeks in and have so many NSV already... but I have one issue. I have long days waking at 5:45am and bed by 10pm. I find I need to snack way too much, with approved snacks.  My meals seem big and yet I get very hungry every 2-3 hours. From all I read every states they ARENT hungry. I'm having 4-5 ounces of protein with everymeal,  fats and plenty of vegetables and sometimes fruit with my meals. What am I doing wrong that I'm still hungry every 2-3 hours?

Thanks for your help

Up your protein! Don't count ounces--follow the template and have 1-2 palms at every meal (3-4 eggs if they are your only protein. Make sure you're getting 1-2 servings of fat at every meal (fat is your friend when it comes to being satisfied for at least 4-5 hours between meals and PILE your plate with vegetables. If you follow the template and eat enough proteins, fats and veggies, you probably will not have to snack between meals. If you do snack, make it a mini meal of protein plus fat and/or veggies, NOT "snack" foods and make sure you aren't snacking too close to your next meal. Also watch out for fruit--have it occasionally bit always as part of a meal as it can increase hunger. 

26 minutes ago, merih said:

Thanks for your help Art. Do you mind sharing how many hours you go between meals?

On my Whole30 (and continuing now) I generally follow a 7:30-1:30-6:30 meal schedule or thereabouts. I never eat after 8 PM. 

Archived