Polysorbate 80

Jordan5

Hi!

this is day 4 of whole 30 for me and I was looking for some extra flavor with dinner tonight. So I had salmon, mushrooms ,cauliflower rice, and 1/2 a Larabar (yes it was compliant and no it wasn't for a sugar craving..just to get more flavors on my plate).  But I ate half of a pickle before reading the insert in the book.. is polysorbate 80 non compliant or just frowned upon? ( I stopped eating it anyway when I found out it was a chemical) I just want to know if i messed up my Whole 30 cause I get stressed out about making sure I'm following exact rules. 

Thanks for any feedback 

Also, for extra flavor, turn to fats and veggies--not Larabars, which are sugar bombs. How about a chipotle mayo or dump ranch dressing or grilled or roasted veggies drizzled with olive oil and your spices of choice or a spicy guacamole or ? ? ?

Thank you! Yes I did google it but couldn't seem to find a straight up answer :/ and I won't put a Lara bar in my meal again cause I see now that it is frowned upon. Some people are saying that having it in a meal is not compliant but,  I did check the book multiple times and it just says that it is not recommended except for emergencies( not that it's against the rules) and not to use it to satisfy a craving. So I don't feel I broke any rules, but I will keep it out of my meals because I do understand that there are better options. Thanks for listening. I'm only on day 4 but starting to feel the stress of the rules:

No.  You didn't break any rules.  But Larabars are HUGE sugar bombs.  And although not strictly forbidden, they are to be used in case of emergency - such as I have been stuck on the highway in a traffic jam for 5 hours and I need something to eat now.

Archived