Where can I find coconut aminos in Quebec?

Noemo

Hi Everybody! 

A lot of whole 30 recipes have coconut aminos in the ingredients. The things is, I can't find it anywhere! 

I live in Quebec, Canada. So no Whole foods or those type of stores I wish we had. I checked on Amazon Canada, but it's 20$ + shipping for a small bottle, which is a lot of money for me. 

Any other Quebec whole 30'ers out there? Were you able to find coconut aminos somewhere? Please let me know :)

Merci, bonne soirée! (In Quebec, we speak french!) ;)

• Moderators

I'm sure someone will chime in with suggestions for where to find them, but I thought I'd mention that in most recipes, you can leave them out. Perhaps add a little more salt or other seasonings to make up for it. They don't really taste like soy sauce, so some people end up disappointed with them anyway. 

Hi There!

I live in Montreal and I have bought from a place called Upaya Naturals.  You still have to pay for shipping, but not if you order over $100.

I have noticed that some Les Aliments TAU locations do carry Coconut Aminos - it should be in the section in which you find Soy Sauce.

If you live in Montreal - there are a couple of independent health food stores that do carry it - but do phone ahead.  Cause sometimes they carry it but don't have any in stock (past experience)

In a pinch you could use a liquid that adds an extra layer of "umami" aka deliciousness.  The liquid saved from re hydrating dried mushrooms, a bit of balsamic vinegar mixed with some beef broth, a couple of mashed up anchovies in some beef broth - would all work in a pinch.  (I have used variations of all of these or any of these with mixed success)

Archived