Round 2

Kwagg

This is my 2nd W30, I'm on Day5.  I did one last year and didn't have a good time and didn't notice much of a difference, because I've already been gluten free for 4 years.  Not celiac, but some sort of something in wheat produces that causes mood changes, digestion issues, and back/chest acne, whether it's gluten or something else, it's best that I stay away from it.

I'm doing round 2 because I was getting out of control with the amount of sugar I was eating and all the crazy snacking I was doing.  I think it's because I'm at a stressful point in grad school and I tend to stress-eat.  I really really love gluten free baked goods and I need to take a break from them. 

My husband is sort of on board in that he'll eat what I cook for dinner, but I'm pretty much on my own.... I'm also in Louisiana and everything is fried or has dairy in it, so I probably won't eat out this round much.  I'm excited that white potatoes are back on the okay list this time, but sad I can't have plantain chips!

Sorry I fell off the bandwagon for a couple of days.  Have been pretty sick (but that didn't stop me from eating right!), however I am feeling much better this morning!  Things have been going pretty well for me.  I pretty much ate healthy prior to, for the most part, but I want to educate myself on the "proper way" of eating.  Been a little cranky these past two days, but I also haven't felt well.  The biggest challenge for me has been my glass of red wine while I cook dinner or an occasional cold craft beer with my husband.  It's going to be 90 degrees here in NC this weekend, so I must remain STRONG!  Hope everyone is doing well. :)

17 hours ago, Kwagg said:

This is my 2nd W30, I'm on Day5.  I did one last year and didn't have a good time and didn't notice much of a difference, because I've already been gluten free for 4 years.  Not celiac, but some sort of something in wheat produces that causes mood changes, digestion issues, and back/chest acne, whether it's gluten or something else, it's best that I stay away from it.

I'm doing round 2 because I was getting out of control with the amount of sugar I was eating and all the crazy snacking I was doing.  I think it's because I'm at a stressful point in grad school and I tend to stress-eat.  I really really love gluten free baked goods and I need to take a break from them. 

My husband is sort of on board in that he'll eat what I cook for dinner, but I'm pretty much on my own.... I'm also in Louisiana and everything is fried or has dairy in it, so I probably won't eat out this round much.  I'm excited that white potatoes are back on the okay list this time, but sad I can't have plantain chips!

I will be finishing up my first Whole30 on Sunday and then I will be continuing eating as the program dictates. I really like it and I have not stress eaten for a handful of days since April 1st.

I would like to join your group.

I am starting my 2nd  whole30 on Monday 1st of May, I have well and truely fallen off the bandwagon, I haven't been living a whole9 life and I have been making excuses to eat food. I had great results in my first whole 30, my whole body changed. I'm ready to reset my relationship with food, to get my mood back on track and to start feeling good about myself instead of making bad food choices and the. Feeling bad. I went through a weight loss of about 40kgs, and I have put back on 10kgs so now I'm ready to start again before this all gets out of hand. 

Archived