starting soon and petrified!

derbygirl

Not too long ago I did Primal and felt amazing! Then life happened and I stopped and went back to feeling like crap. ***why did I even do that? it's so stupid and counterproductive*** Anyway - instead of jumping on-board super quick with something new I decided to get the book, which I finished last night, and educate myself in hopes that more information would help me stick to it long-term.

I am upset that I choose to eat the way I do and therefor I feel the way I do... by choice. ***how stupid*** I am really trying to focus on the change I want INSIDE my body instead of focusing on the 20 lbs I want to lose. If I had more energy I'd do more so it goes hand in hand. I am bloated, achy, tired and don't sleep well. My brain is incredibly foggy and I'm so forgetful it's nuts. I play amateur sports and when the season starts I want to be an asset to my team. I also REALLY want to be able to do real push-ups and kipping pull-ups at crossfit :angry:

I am petrified that this is going to be too hard for me. I have read posts on here where people keep commenting "you're over-thinking" but that's what I do ;) I'm scared I'll be forced to try new food and recipes and I'm afraid I'll fail. I'm afraid... just yeah - I'm scared :unsure: But by mid next week at the latest - I'll have started.

EEK :ph34r:

Hmmm...it's actually quite the non scary meal plan and quite easy to stick to. Back when you were eating Primal what did you enjoy? One of the cool things about Whole 30 is that you do end up trying things that are new or things that you've eaten before all of a sudden become more of a tasteful joy than they ever were.

Haha! Hang in there! It is ALWAYS scary to change anything in our lives. We can second guess everything and question ourselves out of ever making positive changes. I think this is why so many people never succeed at any of their goals. Set your mind to it and realize that you will have moments when you don't do things perfectly. Who cares? It's all about getting back up and trying again. The torture that we put ourselves through when we aren't perfect, does more harm than good. Congrats on wanting to feel great and do things in a healthy manner. Now get excited for the positive results. Best wishes to you! :D

Hi Derbygirl, I am starting tomorrow and I am giving up smoking at the same time!! I'm worried to but I need something structured to make changes. I have joined the daily email thing to keep me on track. Do you fancy being my whole30 buddy? We could keep each other motivated! Love Theresa x

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm...it's actually quite the non scary meal plan and quite easy to stick to. Back when you were eating Primal what did you enjoy? One of the cool things about Whole 30 is that you do end up trying things that are new or things that you've eaten before all of a sudden become more of a tasteful joy than they ever were.

When I did Primal I spent a portion of my time trying to re-create the sweets I'd cut out. aaand since we are supposed to do that for the first 30 at least - I'm trying not to think of the Primal treats I could be making, lol.

It really hasn't been as bad as I thought. The day I started, out of habit, I put ranch on my salad... then I went home and had a drink and some cookies and started officially-officially the next day. I'm going on three whole days now :P

Hey- just wanted to throw in some words of encouragment:

First, dont over think it and think about ultimately the outcome of feeling better. This will happen and you will be a better person inside and out because of it.

Two, The fact that you are considering doing it and have "gone primal" indicates you are a do'er and are fully capable so stop doubting yourself-right here-right now.

Third, know that it takes planning and cooking and you have the tools and knowledge to get there with this site.

Happy Whole 30'ing.

I am not going back to the sugar dragon.

Hi! You can do it! What's in your head is likely to be much worse than real life.

If you can tune those voices out and just get pumped about the amazing thing you are about to do for yourself, it might make it a bit easier.

Best of luck, and there are loads of sympathetic and supportive ears here.

Just seeing this - hope it's gone well for you! I did my first Whole30 cold, as it were, from Sept. 23-Oct.23. That is to say, I had never eating Paleo or Primal and I was eating a pretty steady diet of junk food. I was really surprised at how simple the eating plan was, and how satisfying it felt. I hope that your experience has been positive so far.

• 4 weeks later...

Not too long ago I did Primal and felt amazing! Then life happened and I stopped and went back to feeling like crap. ***why did I even do that? it's so stupid and counterproductive*** Anyway - instead of jumping on-board super quick with something new I decided to get the book, which I finished last night, and educate myself in hopes that more information would help me stick to it long-term.

I am upset that I choose to eat the way I do and therefor I feel the way I do... by choice. ***how stupid*** I am really trying to focus on the change I want INSIDE my body instead of focusing on the 20 lbs I want to lose. If I had more energy I'd do more so it goes hand in hand. I am bloated, achy, tired and don't sleep well. My brain is incredibly foggy and I'm so forgetful it's nuts. I play amateur sports and when the season starts I want to be an asset to my team. I also REALLY want to be able to do real push-ups and kipping pull-ups at crossfit :angry:

I am petrified that this is going to be too hard for me. I have read posts on here where people keep commenting "you're over-thinking" but that's what I do ;) I'm scared I'll be forced to try new food and recipes and I'm afraid I'll fail. I'm afraid... just yeah - I'm scared :unsure: But by mid next week at the latest - I'll have started.

EEK :ph34r:

STOP ALREADY!! YOU can do it! PUT your mind where you want it to be, and YOU WILL BE THERE.. I'm on day 31 and all everyone said before I started was it's so hard, or I couldn't do it or BLA BLA BLA!! I did it and kept with it and I'm not looking back. What I did in the beginning was make of list of what I felt, where I felt it and REALLY PAID ATTENTION TO HOW I FELT.. When I look back at my journal I SMILE! BIG TIME SMILE!

Keep the faith! Remember, THIS IS YOUR LIFE!!!

this is me at the moment! I'm thinking 'oh my gosh how am I ever going to do this?!' and 'there is noooooo way I can do this!' but I think the research I have been doing over the last 3 months is preparing me for January. I have decided to bring in the new year with the whole 30 and am hoping for the best! I really think this forum makes for great advise and a good motivator! I hope you did well and completed the whole program! and fingers crossed I can do the same!!!!

Archived