5/7 Start Date - looking for a buddy

jokane

1 hour ago, emilyelowe said:

I think it's only realistic to know that we also just have to have coping strategies at the ready whether Whole30'ing or Food Freedoming. I could be wrong, though. I'd love to ear a moderator or someone with more experience's feedback on that idea. Particularly because I think it's very hard to navigate once you're in the Food Freedom stage.

Yes! I'd love to hear more about long-term cravings and coping too. I've got a specific thing I've been craving for about a week now. I don't think I'm about to fall off the wagon for some before the end of my Whole30, but I could see me falling into a package of those pastries so hard after the reintroduction phase. 

I just bought Food Freedom Forever, so I'm hoping there will be some more tips in there, but my current plan is to write out a list of acceptable treat occasions. For example, if I land the post-doc position I want, I think that's an acceptable treat occasion that I can hopefully celebrate with a few friends (after my Whole30, of course). Random Friday night just because I'm tired and stressed? There are other ways to deal with that. 

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, NoneOtherThanAmy said:

but I could see me falling into a package of those pastries so hard after the reintroduction phase. 

^ SO MUCH YES. :mellow:

I have definitely struggled with the "Is it worth it?" question in the past because my brain is often like, "Of course it's worth it! That's why we want it!" And it usually is worth it for the 2.3 seconds it's in my mouth, but then the sensation is gone and I almost always think, "Crap. Not worth it."

Food Freedom Forever is a great next step, @NoneOtherThanAmy! Keep in mind as you're thinking ahead, and you'll read this in FFF, too, - every single special occasion doesn't have to have a food treat either. Melissa talks about it in FFF but it really came home to me while reading the book "Made to Crave." Special occasions shouldn't equal compromising your health/relationship with food. If you plan ahead to "treat yo'self," with food every time there is a special occasion - how are you going to cope with those times of year when there are a bunch in row? Or what happens if you get there and you're actually not in the mood?

Plus, that could take away from the special-ness of the special event. During my last W30, my husband and I were babysitting my nephews (3 y.o. and 1 y.o.) and the 3-year-old wanted Chinese. I found myself SO disappointed that I couldn't partake and realized that I was elevating food to a higher place than SPENDING TIME WITH MY NEPHEWS. Like, what the what? Special occasions are not defined by the food you have but by the company. :)

That's at least how I try to approach special occasions. I'm a total mess when it comes to everything else. Haha.

Thanks @NoneOtherThanAmy I am still tired but feeling a little better today. I did try to add in some more healthy fats to my meals today, and at least I did finally sleep pretty well last night! I am not hungry but I wish the cravings would go away. Like you said @emilyelowe the cravings are less regular, and I do think my willpower is better, but it would be great to have my body crave the healthier foods in the same manner and forget about the not-so-healthy. I'm sure it's hard since the memory of those foods doesn't go away. I think once I start feeling more energetic I won't miss off plan foods as much.

I also bought Food Freedom forever, and look forward to reading it for direction and motivation after the whole 30.

Hi All! I haven't checked in since Monday. I feel like I've missed so much! I hope you all who were under the weather are feeling better. It's day 12 for me, and I'm feeling pretty good. Yesterday was tough though. At work we had a baby shower in the morning for one of my coworker, and I was surrounded by breakfast casseroles, french toast, muffins, cheesy hash browns and cake!!! That french toast almost broke me, you guys... But I scooped out a bowl of fresh fruit salad and tried not to think about what everyone else was eating. I survived (barely) and felt very proud of myself for not giving in.

I'm really thankful for all the energy I've had these past few days. I've been able to get out an enjoy the beautiful weather we have has this week in NE Ohio. I haven't had too many cravings for sweets during my W30 so far, but just about everyday I have to fight the urge to dive face first into a bag of BBQ chips! I won't even let my husband buy any for himself to snack on because I don't think my will power is strong enough to resist them yet. :o

@Skye_9 I wish my body would just forget about them too! Another way to look at it that I've heard (though not often successfully employed) is to change the way you think about yourself. You're not a girl with a sweet tooth constantly resisting and trying to get by. You're a healthy person who makes healthy choices. This might have also come from Melissa - sometimes I follow her so much, her thoughts are my thoughts. :blink:

I definitely struggled with food boredom today - we have so much compliant food and I just don't want any! It's probably because I didn't have a good lunch today. I did make it from 8 to like 1:30 without eating without being cranky or fuzzy, so NSV! 

• Administrators
1 hour ago, emilyelowe said:

I have definitely struggled with the "Is it worth it?" question in the past because my brain is often like, "Of course it's worth it! That's why we want it!" And it usually is worth it for the 2.3 seconds it's in my mouth, but then the sensation is gone and I almost always think, "Crap. Not worth it."

I've changed my question a bit. Now instead of "is it worth it?" (because that answer is 157% YES every time chocolate, sugar or baked goods are involved, much to my own detriment) the question is now "Will this improve my happiness factor?". And more often than not, the answer has been no.  It's working for me so far. Insomuch as I have actually taken a cookie out, went to sit down on the couch with it, asked the question to myself and and handed the cookie over to my husband, unbitten and said "this is not going to improve my current happiness". And then the cookie mysteriously disappears and I feel empowered and good with my decision.

Really good points @emilyelowe. I think the power of a list would be for the occasions that I would not be treating myself, if that makes sense? I crave non-plan stuff anytime I'm tired or stressed, so having a pre-set excuse to stick to the plan might be helpful. I'm taking your point to heart about not elevating food above my health or spending time and celebrating with special people. As for special occasions, a lot of that will depend on the reintroduction phase and how bad certain foods make me feel. That may determine how often I'll indulge, if at all. At first I was thinking I'd try the slow-roll re-intro, but the more I think about it, the more I realize the structured reintroduction makes sense. 

@Skye_9 Glad you slept better and that you're feeling better! Hope things keep going in that direction!

@Ashley_119 Good job on staying clear at the baby shower! I would have had such a hard time there too. So many temptations. I'm glad to hear things are going well for you too. It's awesome to have extra energy at this time of year. :)

I definitely think all sorts of planning and preparation are a good idea, @NoneOtherThanAmy. Any time you can think ahead and say, "What would I do in this situation?" while you're clear-headed is a good idea! :)

NSV this morning of being alert upon waking up like almost immediately, and that was before I even got a full 8 hours (which is extra crazy for me, because I sleep 8-9 hours even when I'm not on a W30). So that was exciting.

Director brought in bagels and cream cheese for somebody's birthday, though, which is not so exciting for me. I LOVE bagels and cream cheese, plus I have this weird affinity for free stuff. Like, if it's free, I take it even if I don't need it. I am glad to have this time to work on BOTH of those issues at the same time. Haha.

Last night I made it through the birthday cookout, phew! I did notice though that I didn't really crave anything until I got tired, and then BAM, that cookie sounded extra good. I know it's common to crave sweets/carbs when tired, but I had never seen it in myself so clearly before, so that was an interesting experience. I'm just glad I made it out alive. :)

Have a great day everyone! I'm almost at the half-way mark!

Hello Gang, 

Sorry I've been a little MIA the past few days just been a busy girl. Loving reading about all the NSV's and the progress everyone is making and the new things everyone is learning about themselves. So far this time around my WHole 30 has been really easy. I haven't had any real cravings except when it hit 90 yesterday I really wanted an Icee Drink to cool off, but don"t-cha-know cold ice water worked just as well

A hugh NSV - my cancer was hormone positive which means for the next 5 years I take a daily hormone suppressant and get a shot once a month to force me into menopause. A side effect of this is joint pain and stiffness - and for the past 2 days it has been much better, and it's only day 8 for me so I hope it continues to improve even more. 

Hang in there everyone, we got this!!! 

Happy Friday!!

Good for you @emilyelowe for avoiding those bagels and cream cheese. I am exactly the same way...I LOVE bagels and cream cheese for breakfast and I have a very hard time resisting free food, even if I don't want it. That is all about to change though, right?!? ;)

@Susabella627 So happy to hear that NSV! That just makes me smile. :) Hope things continue to get better! And seriously, what is with this 90 degree weather in May? I'd so much prefer for the weather to hold off until July for this 90 degree stuff. 

I'm still a bit stuffy, but I think I'm going to go out and try another run tonight. Might make some sloppy joes and baked potatoes for tonight if I can remember to stop after my run and get some compliant tomato sauce. 

@Susabella627 - great NSV.  Could be worth all the work right there to reduce joint pain.  That's really great.  

@Emilyelowe - very tricky when someone brings in food at work with the best of intentions.  It is hard to decline while being polite.  Work situations are hard.  We had a potluck this week. I just skipped it which is lame but I figured the only thing in there would be what I would bring and that'd be weird to just sit and eat that.   Normally I attend the potlucks and make the best of it (people bring in some pretty junky items so it's pretty hit or miss even when not on the W30) since like you said with your nephews, sometimes eating together is part of life.  

I've kind of hit the wall.  I don't have cravings so much but am just bored and stressed (my job and teenagers at home) and usually use food to deal with stress.  And, then after I eat too much, I feel guilty about that and conveniently no longer have to deal with the original problem (just have to deal with the guilt of having ate too much).   Here's another thing - I'm having a hard time getting motivated to exercise which I normally do a ton - mostly I exercise out of guilt of having eaten too much (or in anticipation of eating too much).  Since I'm kind of eating what I should with the template, I have to re-evaluate my motivation.  Does that make any sense?  And, generally when I don't exercise I get lethargic (which I am now) so it's a bad cycle.  Sorry, just venting a bit.  

I think I'm going to noodle on Ladyshanny's quote ""Will this improve my happiness factor?"  about food but other things too.  Maybe I should get off the couch and go outside - I'm so tired but it will make me feel better.  I do know that. 

TGIF!!  For me, wrapping up day 13.  Not quite 1/2 way but getting close.  I think Tiger Blood is next week?     Happy Friday each of you.  

On 5/18/2017 at 5:24 PM, emilyelowe said:

@Skye_9 I wish my body would just forget about them too! Another way to look at it that I've heard (though not often successfully employed) is to change the way you think about yourself. You're not a girl with a sweet tooth constantly resisting and trying to get by. You're a healthy person who makes healthy choices. This might have also come from Melissa - sometimes I follow her so much, her thoughts are my thoughts. :blink:

I definitely struggled with food boredom today - we have so much compliant food and I just don't want any! It's probably because I didn't have a good lunch today. I did make it from 8 to like 1:30 without eating without being cranky or fuzzy, so NSV! 

Thanks @emilyelowe I really love that perspective! I am going to incorporate that to my mindset :) I was struggling today with some food boredom today myself, ran out of prepped food since it's the end of the week. Had company so we did take out but was able to find a restaurant that didn't mind grilling me salmon with some veggies. 

@AB_MN I have been feeling pretty tired overall lately, it's definitely made it hard to feel motivated to workout like I usually do. I am hoping my energy level will get better if I hang in there and force myself to push through it. I forced myself to workout today and yesterday and I felt tired so it was challenging...but i did feel better afterwards.

Quick catch-up:

I really appreciate the perspective, insights, and commonalities between our shared experiences!  It's all very helpful to me--thank you!

So Tuesday must have been a small glimpse of Tiger Blood?  But sad to say, the day following thru the rest of this week, I have been back to d-r-a-g-g-I-n-g thru my days.  Even fell asleep this afternoon. 

I had strange dreams Wednesday night about "cheating" and eating non-compliant foods and feeling guilty about it. Glad it's only a dream!

And I'm quite pleased with myself--my oldest just graduated and we've had two big festivities last night and tonight, where a plethora of naughty-good food showed up. I didn't cave once, which is incredible to me. I didn't even crave it. I was content with my veggies and fruit. I call that a big win. 

Also see pants are fitting much looser, workout stamina is increased!  Just waiting for the energy to come and stay. 

Steph - congrats on the graduate.  My son is graduating from high school so we have big grad party coming up for him, and of course we've been invited to so many other kids' grad parties.  His party isn't for a few weeks so I should be done with the W30 by then but I can't think that far ahead.  I have the FFF book and plan to start reading that and thinking about re-intro next week.  

Skye - thanks for the thoughts about working out. I agree.  Just need to get out there and push through it.  

I know weekends are difficult for some of you.  I have to focus on the positive though - more time to prep and less rushed meals.  I do like to sit out sit and eat weather permitting on weekends.    Thankful we are all on this journey together.  Have a great day. 

17 hours ago, AB_MN said:

I've kind of hit the wall.  I don't have cravings so much but am just bored and stressed (my job and teenagers at home) and usually use food to deal with stress.  And, then after I eat too much, I feel guilty about that and conveniently no longer have to deal with the original problem (just have to deal with the guilt of having ate too much).   Here's another thing - I'm having a hard time getting motivated to exercise which I normally do a ton - mostly I exercise out of guilt of having eaten too much (or in anticipation of eating too much).  Since I'm kind of eating what I should with the template, I have to re-evaluate my motivation.  Does that make any sense?  And, generally when I don't exercise I get lethargic (which I am now) so it's a bad cycle.  Sorry, just venting a bit.  

I think I'm going to noodle on Ladyshanny's quote ""Will this improve my happiness factor?"  about food but other things too.  Maybe I should get off the couch and go outside - I'm so tired but it will make me feel better.  I do know that. 

I'm sorry you're having a rough patch. I found that when I was lethargic or even just tired workouts did seem to help. I'd be tired all day, but then after working out, I'd mysteriously find the energy to cook and do dishes. My workouts weren't the greatest (in fact, I stalled in my couch to 5k training and was stuck on week 4  for about 3 weeks), but they did help. Maybe an NSV for you will be finding a new motivation to workout? Exercise is supposed to be a great stress reliever. :) I've always used food as a stress reliever as well, but it's so automatic I wouldn't even know what I was avoiding or feeling stressed about. It's much better to have it all out in the open, but, of course, now I actually have to DEAL with all this stress and anxiety. It's a process. Hope the weekend goes well!

@Steph the Desert Rat Last week I had a lot of what you're experiencing right now. One day I'd be energetic, the next day I'd be dragging. I think I'm a little more consistent now, but I hope things pick up for you! Are you getting enough food/water/electrolytes? The night I dreamed about eating chocolate, I think I hadn't eaten enough the night before. I haven't had dreams like that recently (at least not ones that I remember, lol). ;) Great job avoiding all the temptations at the parties! Parties would be so hard for me. I'd be so tempted just to have just a bite of something really yummy. At the same time, I'm not as tempted as I might be. I feel so much better and that's giving me the motivation to see this through to the end.

I've had a great morning. I got up, made breakfast (which I rarely do...I almost always make my breakfasts the night before and just reheat when I wake up), ate, did the dishes, and washed my car all before heading out to the farmer's market with a friend and her puppy. The market was very crowded, but we made it through and I have some fresh veggies for the weekend now!  Hope everyone else has a great weekend!

@AB_MN Sorry about the wall! I hate that feeling. In addition to pushing through at the gym, which will make you feel better, maybe try a new workout? Go to a class or take it outside to mix it up. Make it something to look forward to. I really like classes because the motivation is kind of built in through the instructor, the other people, and the fact that I have to go because they will probably charge me even if I don't show. Haha. Just an idea! Maybe also use the weekend to try some new more interesting recipes? I definitely am having some food boredom and lack of motivation to cook (which is pretty typical for me - I really wish I could afford a food service like Pre-Made Paleo all the time). 

Yay farmers markets! We went also with our pup (a 14-month Great Dane, so the outing is no joke :blink: - I attached a pic) and got some radishes, micro greens, arugula, and kale chips. I've never found kale chips I liked before so that was really exciting. They make them in a food dehydrator so apparently that is the trick. 

We also took food to some friends last night who just had their first baby - we just put pork butt, onions, garlic, and tessemae's BBQ sauce in a slow cooker all day and it was DELICIOUS. I also made spiralized sweet potato buns for the first time. 

I am on Day 13 and feeling pretty good. Feels like I'm THIS close to Tiger Blood. My friend who started with me originally on May 1 (and didn't crash and burn on Day 5) texted me Thursday and said she feels amazing. This is her first W30 so I am feeling really inspired and encouraged by her as well as all of you. Just look at what we can do together! 

OK, that's probably enough excitement for now. Haha. Have a great weekend! 

IMG_0007.JPG

Hi guys! Been following along here but haven't posted yet... finishing up day 19 (!!) of my first W30.

tomorrow is the day I've been dreading this entire time - and almost delayed my whole 30 for it. We have a huge work party to celebrate the completion of a 9-month project and I had been looking forward to it for months to just let loose after a very long and stressful project. At the beginning of my w30 I thought "oh maybe that will be my cheat day"... luckily now I feel confident that I can get through the party without alcohol or bad food BUT I'm still nervous for it! I have a good food plan for the entire day tomorrow so I'm hoping I will not have any cravings or feel the need to cave. I know I've come too far to give up but I wanted to share on here for an added layer of accountability. 

Thanks all for sharing your experiences! Feeling great and ready to rock this final third!

@msois Look forward to hearing how the party goes! Accountability only works if you report back. :P Good luck, and just remember - you've worked hard for 20 days, don't throw it all away! Speaking from experience, it's NOT worth it. Just enjoy the celebration for all you've accomplished, it's not about the food. You can have alcohol on Day 31 - it will not disappear before then. :D

NoneOtherThanAmy (can we call you just Amy?) - so appreciate your thoughts about exercise.  Maybe my new motivation will be to reduce stress/give me more energy.  It certainly works that way so I just need to be aware of that.  THANK YOU.  You must live somewhere warm to already be at the farmers market.  That is the best way to spend a Sat morning.   I'm in MN so it's still pretty chilly up here.  I did get my garden in, though, so hopefully some veggies in June sometime.  

Emilyelowe - LOVE the picture of your dog. I totally laughed out loud - what a cutie.  What is the max weight once fully grown?  I hear they are the most gentle of dogs.  They are so elegant looking.   I'm inspired by your friend's energy level.  Hopefully that will be us next week.  Makes me want to keep at this.  Something to look forward to. 

Msois - welcome.  We're glad you joined us.  Good luck w/your party.  One idea is to eat some compliant food right before you go (toss some nuts and veggies in your purse).  Maybe if you aren't starving, it'll be easier to stay on track.  Report back to us - we're here for you.  Good luck - you can do it. 

I had a "challenge" today.  I was at Trader Joes while hungry. I went in to stock up on frozen veggies & pre-cut veggies (they rock in that dept!!).  All going well until I was in the freezer isle which is lined with all those round containers of cookies - my total weakness is cookies and milk before bed.  I sat there going back and forth in my mind.  Like a tennis match.  Get some?  Or, take a pass and keep on the W30.  Decided to get out of there as quickly as possible (only to be confronted by more at the check out counter - LOL).   But, I made it out of there.  I had such good intentions of getting all those veggies but realized shopping when hungry = dumb idea.  

I was able to buy some coconut flakes (unsweetened). If you toast them really low temp and then at end sprinkle w/cinnamon and salt - well, it's beyond amazing.  Great way to add some fat.  Google Well Fed cookbook by Melissa Joulwan and the recipe is in there.    

@emilyelowe OMG your puppy is so sweet. We lost our sweet girl this past Feb. and boy does it leave an empty spot in your heart. I love the head tilt and those eyes, just so sweet..... sorry I digress 

@msois You are gonna Rock it today, stick to your plan and please share any and all things that helped. The summer season brings many party invitations and it is something we all will have to navigate at some point. You got this!!

@AB_MN (I have no idea why sometimes it formats the names and sometimes it doesn't) .... Good job passing up the cookies and treats. Yes shopping hungry really makes a difference. 

@Skye_9 Way to push through your workout... Hope that energy level is improving

@Steph the Desert Rat I also have a high school graduate in a few weeks - Great job avoiding temptations, I will be faced with the same in a few weeks. Also I have been having vivid crazy dreams, but not food related, just weird. It's happened on my past whole30's too so there must be some reason for it that I will have to look into. 

@NoneOtherThanAmy I can't wait for the farmers markets to start here. I have never thought of making a breakfast I could just heat up in the morning, - curious as to what you make yourself??

Yesterday was a weird day... due to circumstances beyond my control I didn't eat lunch until 4:00. Amazingly I wasn't even really hungry but I know that's not wise, Then, here was my dilemma, Dinner? I didn't want to eat late and I wasn't hungry even by 7 but I thought it was best if I had a light dinner so I ate some compliant meat sauce over zoodles with an avocado and tomato salad.  It's weird for me to eat when I'm not hungry because I feel like for years we've been told to eat only when we are hungry... Anyone else find themselves eating meals on Whole30 when they aren't hungry? 

HAPPY Sunday Everyone!!

After my post yesterday things went downhill for me energy-wise, anyway. I think my cold is still getting worse. How is that possible??? I'm cranky about it...I haven't been really sick in nearly 2 years, so getting this cold in the middle of my Whole30 and not getting better quickly is a little disheartening. I'm sure it's all coincidental, but I'm annoyed.

I'm also having massive doughnut cravings. The farmers market is a great place for fresh produce, but this one is almost a fest and includes food trucks. One of them serves the freshest and most delicious doughnuts I've ever had. Ever since I went to the market this weekend, I haven't been able to stop thinking about sweets. Sigh. 

13 hours ago, AB_MN said:

NoneOtherThanAmy (can we call you just Amy?)

Of course! :) Glad my  thoughts on exercise helped. And good for you skipping the treats while hungry at Trader Joes. I have had similar experiences while there hungry  and seeing all their treats. They have some temptations there!

@emilyelowe Your puppy is so cute! LOVE! My friend's puppy is nearly the same age (15-ish months?). She's a bit smaller than yours though, only about 50 lbs. ;) She's such a handful though. She's very social and wants to meet everyone, especially all the other dogs.  

@Susabella627 My heat up breakfasts usually include a big batch of sauteed veggies (some combo of zucchinis, onions, peppers, mushrooms, spinach etc.) I'll make eggs and/or another protein source (ground pork or some sort of sausage usually). It's never quite as good as it would be freshly made, but it's still usually pretty good the next day. I'm really not all that picky early in the morning. 

@msois Welcome! I hope your party goes well. Relax and celebrate the end of the project while also celebrating your health by not partaking of the party fare. 

Thanks for all the puppy love guys - I will let him know! ;)

Ugh, Amy, I am hating on this cold for you! I started the W30 with a cold too and I was a major crank but I feel like it would be even worse if I were supposed to be feeling good. Praying for you! 

I made the mistake of going to Whole Foods hungry a couple weeks ago... dumb! That bakery area was the WORST. 

Parties this summer are going to be tricky, tricky! Good luck to everyone with big events coming up! I will be doing reintroduction during my birthday so I am also nervous about that. I really want to do it right and not go off the rails like last time! 

I'm feeling kind of short tempered lately, which is weird. I have lots of energy, am sleeping great, but I think I'm also just like over it. I think maybe its back to that whole "I feel good, so can't I just get onto food freedom already?" thing. So annoying! I should read over the timeline - maybe I'm around the "Now give me a Twinkie," stage. (Mine would not be a Twinkie - it would be pizza - and for the love of all that is good an actual tortilla!) I know that this is just further proof that I need to keep going though. Eating food that makes me healthier is not always going to be convenient so I really need to use the last half to suck it up and commit to myself in that area. I need to follow my own advice and think of myself as a healthy person who makes better choices on a daily  basis even when it's not convenient. I think my bad attitude is allowing me to give into "sweets," though (smoothie bowl, dates and almond butter) so really need to watch that! 

NSV today was waking up significantly less sore from the gym yesterday than I expected and normally am! 

Day 15 for me tomorrow! Half way! Have a great week! 

@Susabella627 - yes, I've had days too where I'm just not that hungry - not too full from previous meals.  But, I feel like my body needs food.  I don't feel shaky but depleted.    I'm sure there is some technical/chemical explanation.  I just eat :-)

@NoneOtherThanAmy - so bummed you are sick.    Maybe you'd be sicker if you weren't doing W30?  Either way, rest up and take care.    I really thought alot this morning over my cup of coffee about what exercise I wanted to do.  Not what I felt like I should do.  I skipped a super intense boot camp and decided to go out for a walk and see what happened. I walked about the first block and then started running and had a great run.  It felt so good and my mood improved substantially.    

@emilyelowe  - I just had to peek at your dog photo again.  I can't get over how cute!   

I have to say the Trader Joes frozen veggies are good.  Super easy.  Not as good as fresh (Farmers Market or even grocery store) but easy and quick.  2 weeks done today.   So, 1/2 way EOD Monday.   Getting into the groove but still taking this day by day.   I don't want to get too confident.  That's when I fall (face first into a plate of cookies). 

Oh yeah, I've also definitely had times I'm not hungry. Especially for lunch. Sometimes I'll feel a little hungry between like 11 and Noon but it often goes away really quickly if I'm like busy and don't eat right away. I've just been eating then anyway but it's trickier if your whole schedule is off. 

Also, read the timeline aaand... nailed it: 

IMG_0010.PNG

@emilyelowe your dog is too cute!!

@NoneOtherThanAmy I'm sorry you are sick - hope you feel better soon!

I have to agree with you all about the bakery at Whole Foods...the closest one to me is an hour away so I'm safe there for now lol. Though over the weekend I was offered ice cream and brought to a gourmet donut shop by friends and managed to say 'no thanks' though I have definitely still been craving sweets! Outings with friends and gathering with family or at work make just 30 days challenging for sure!

I did my grocery shopping this weekend and hope I will have a strong week and get my energy back and workouts in to reduce some stress. Good luck to everyone starting out a new week! :)

Archived