HELP! -- Chaperoning a Camping Trip

The bags of tuna don't really need draining. As for the cans, I just press down on the can lid after opening to do a quick drain. The tuna liquid is fine on the ground. Or anywhere. Better yet, get tuna in oil so you get your fat! You can also get packets of olives. Hard boiled eggs would keep well. Roasted veggies would also be fine for a day. 

Idk if theres a cafeteria. I havent been there since...geez louise...who was the president before george h bush?? Ugh. I'll figure it out. What to bring. Not the president. If i remember correctly they fed us prepared bag lunches. Like deli meat or pbj (before pbj was a hate crime). We didn't have round the clock access to a fridge. I will struggle and eat when i get back. I won't go off plan though. I'll eat whatever dry food i can bring 

• Administrators
16 minutes ago, slc_melissa said:

If you're camping in bear country, do not drain tuna onto the ground anywhere near where people are camping.  Can you bring your own little cooler?  

I was JUST coming here to say that! Draining very odorous food waste onto the ground in the wilderness is a terrible idea. Besides bears (which can kill you), you could also attract rodents and other small animals which in turn attract larger animals like coyotes etc.

Are coyotes compliant? Cuz i could eat those! :D

I think i will be fine. Just got back from grocery store. Plan: we depart tomorrow morning. I will have abig brkfst at home per the template but like overloaded w vegs since the other two meals for tomorrow will be some combination of tuna in a bag, avocado, carrot sticks lara bars and justin packets. On fri meals one and two will be the same but i'll eat a big ol veggie heavy compliant dinner when we get back. 

It's crazy that I don't event WANT to cheat. I mean I did find myself thinking about a simple sugar cookie today. (I have never craved a sugar cookie!) But i'm not looking for any loopholes. I want to comply! LOL

Thanks for the input, guys!

Archived