Susie Que's Whole 30 log - 2nd attempt

Susie Que

Started Whole 30 over again yesterday. I'm finding it really hard to eat well when I'm so exhausted, not sleeping, headachey and feeling totally rubbish in general. My moods are not good right now and I'm feeling really sorry for my husband having to put up with me. he's doing the program too, and I got quite upset with him when he told me he'd had a non compliant kebab for lunch because he was 'too busy' to find something he could eat. It feels like if I don't do everything for him, he is too busy or too stressed to do it himself which are just lame excuses in my book. You do something or you don't. But I think I'm just in a horrible mood and need to take a chill pill

Yesterdays food -

BreaKfast: 3 egg omelette, 1/2 small avocado, cherry tomatoes

Lunch - prawns cooked in coconut oil & coconut aminos with large green salad &1/2 sweet potato

Snacks - a few teaspoonfuls of coconut butter

Dinner - large hamburger patty, guacamole, large green salad, 1/2 sweet potato

Breakfast today - ground beef, 3 eggs, red capsicum, 1/2 small avocado, kale sauteed in coconut oil

Yesterdays lunch - 1/2 sweet potato with 2 roasted chicken drumsticks and a large green salad

Yesterdays dinner - zucchini cabonara. This was so good! Fried onions garlic and herbs fried in coconut oil with salt and pepper, added zucchini noodles, coconut cream and chicken. Had with a spicy cucumber salad and crispy kale crumbs

Snacks - a few teaspoonfuls of coconut butter

This mornings breakfast - 3 scrambled eggs with sauteed kale, 1/4 sweet potato, 1/2 small avocado

Lunch - same as breakfast

Susie, my only suggestion to you is to let your husband make his own choices and don't outwardly react. If you do that enough times, I think you will stop reacting internally as well. Your program is yours and his is his. You have enough on your plate and he can take care of himself. You need to spend these thirty days taking care of yourself. IMHO

I'm sorry you are nauseous and hope that goes away in time for your next meal.

I know right, I have this incessant need to take care of other people - but it stresses me out and inhibits my ability to take care of myself. I spend half a day on Sundays cooking and preparing food so he has plenty to take to work and doesn't buy rubbish for his lunch, I don't know how to stop doing that, or even if I should. Don't all women feel this way? I think its built into us to need to look after people

I think it's great that you cook up a bunch of food. Then, after that, it's his choice what to do. You have the food there for you as well.

I tried so hard to get my 27 YO daughter to fully embrace Paleo or Whole 30. I got rid of her favorite PB (Jiff of all things) and replaced it with almond butter, I got rid of her icky tuna and replaced it with good tuna. She really didn't accept my changes. So, I made a decision to have good stuff around and let her do research if she wanted, but it wasn't up to me to make those choices for her. Now, if she were 8, that would be different. :) I am happy to say, that she has read and read and not only embraces my choices, but makes them herself. I wouldn't say she's 100% Whole 30, because she still falls into the gluten free junk that is around, but she's 90% and she made the choice herself.

Archived