Round1 Log

Am_S

Day 4-

M1: 2 scrambled egss + 50g cherry tomatoes fried in 1tsp of EEVO

M2: mushroom burgers (50g 15% mince beef+mushrooms+1/2 green pepper+ 1/2 onion) + sauteed courgette & spinach

snack: green olives

M3: 1 small tin of sardines in EEVO + roasted veggies

Day 5-

M1- 2 scrambled eggs + 50g cherry tomatoes fried in 1tsp of coconut oil

M2- mushroom burgers + 2 HB eggs + bell peppers&cherry tomatoes

M3- 100g beef kofta + baba ganoush + roasted asparagus + coconut chunks

Nauseous in the morning & sugar craving after dinner

On 6/5/2017 at 2:38 PM, walksnot said:

Do you make your own baba ganoush?

yes! super easy: roasted aubergine+ tahini + lemon juice + salt. Mash everything together and voilà!

Day 6-

M1: smoked salmon w/ pepper + 1/2 avocado

M2: beef patty & green salad

M3: cauliflower soup

Day 7-

M1: smoked salmon w/ pepper + 1/2 avocado

M2: chicken thigh w/ pepperonatta

M3: carrot & ginger soup

Day 10- 

already?? 

M1: scrambled eggs+chestnut mushrooms in coconut oil

M2: aubergine + mince bef in tomato sauce + olives

M3: prosciuto + cashews (on the go, pre-theatre to avoid snacking or getting home starving)

Day 12/

M1: scrambled eggs with cherry tomatoes and basil in coconut oil

M2: chicken thigh, green beans and salad

M3: flatiron steak + steamed broccoli 

night snack turned into binge: mixed nuts and blueberries. Note to self: stop buying nuts, definitely a trigger food for me. Use alterative fat sources (oils&avo)

Day 13-

M1 (lunch): grilled chicken + roasted veggies (aubergines, leek, parsnip)

M2: zoodles with garlic mushrooms

Day 14-

M1: scrambled eggs with mushrooms

M2: grilled chicken + roasted veggies (aubergines, leek, green beans) + melon&grapes

M3: broccoli and cauliflower soup + roasted veggies (broccoli, cauliflower, mushrooms and green beans)

Day 15- and I screwed up

M1: scrambled eggs with mushrooms + dried apricots

M2: ground turkey tacos in lettuce wrap

M3: romaine lettuce + mackerel in EVOO

I'm positive I read the label when I bought the dried apricots, but apparently I didn't, and they had sulphites in it. So, starting over tomorrow!

Day 1-

M1: scrambled eggs with mushrooms

M2: chicken breast + roasted veggies (cauliflower, broccoli, green beans, mushrooms)

M3: grilled salmon + asparragus + romaine 

Note: I'm not even bummed I have to start over bc I'm feeling so good that I don't mind keep eating like this. Also, my goal this second time around is to improve my W30 experience: strict no snacking, no binging (not even with compliant food). And I feel like I know my trigger emotions and foods better (fruit/nuts) so hopefully these next 30 days will be the beginning of my food freedom journey!

Day 2-

M1: 2 scrambled eggs with cherry tomatoes fried in coconut oil + 50g swede + 30g avocado

M2: big salad with grilled chicken, veggies, avocado

M3: 100g grilled salmon + asparagus + romaine + 1/4 tomato

Day 3-

M1: 2 scrambled eggs with cherry tomatoes fried in coconut oil + 50g swede

M2: big salad with grilled chicken, veggies, avocado

M3: leftover swede + steamed broccoli + canned sardines in water

Day 4-

M1: 2 scrambled eggs with bell pepper fried in coconut oil + almonds + 1/4 avocado

M2: chicken breast + steamed broccoli + green salad

M3: zoodles with turkey bolognaise + mixed nuts (way too many)

Day 5-

M1 (lunch): 120g grilled chicken + roasted pack choi&leek&carrots + apple (I think this apple poked my sugar dragon- note to self, get away from fruit for a while)

M2: grilled sea bass & roasted veggies

Note: I was so full from yesterday's nut binge that I couldn't eat breakfast

Day 6-

M1: 30g smoked salmon + 1/2 avocado + spinach + tomato

M2: grilled cod fillet + roasted pack choi&leek

Note to self: apparently indulging/binging on weekends has become a sort of tradition- always keeping it compliant (mostly nuts&fruits) but not in the spirit of the program and definitely one of the reasons why I started this in the first place. I don't have cravings for anything specific, the problem is more "psychological" in that after a whole week of being good on friday/saturday night I feel like I need a little treat. I don't event want the treat itself, but I end up getting it anyways because "I earned it".

I need to break the association I'm making of food as a reward. Reminding myself how much I enjoy eating like this helps a lot, I don't need a prize because I'm not doing anything difficult, I actually like the food I eat and it doesn't feel like a struggle at all. I guess my head is taking more time than my body to realize this.

Admittedly, I haven't read many of the recipes on the whole30 program that are provided. are your recipes from there or do you generally make things up? It sounds like you must be a good cook!  

I am inspired by your reaction to having to restart on 5/17, I am just entering day 2, but feel like I would feel the same way. Great job! 

3 hours ago, Amyrotella said:

Admittedly, I haven't read many of the recipes on the whole30 program that are provided. are your recipes from there or do you generally make things up? It sounds like you must be a good cook!  

I am inspired by your reaction to having to restart on 5/17, I am just entering day 2, but feel like I would feel the same way. Great job! 

I didn't read the book and usually just make things up.. pinterest is a great source of whole30 inspo! I tengo to just look for recipes that match what I have in my fridge and voila :)

tbh I'm enjoying this way of eating so much that if I didn't had to start over I would just go on beyond day 30. Good luck to you!!! Enjoy the process!

Day 8-

M1: smoked salmon + sauteed kale mushrooms + roasted tomtato

M2: cod fillet with zaalouk

M3: huge niçoise salad (HB egg, green beans, cherry tomatoes, romaine, canned tuna) with lemon and EVOO dressing + cashews

IMG_3264.JPG

Day 9-

M1: smoked salmon + sauteed kale&mushrooms + roasted tomato

M2: kofte with zaalouk

M3: itsu chicken, avocado and egg salad with no dressing, no edamame beans and no mayo + fruit bowl (mango/pineapple/canteloupe)

Note: I miss cheese. a lot.

Day 10-

M1: scrambled eggs with mushrooms and spring  cooked in coconut oil + tomato

M2: salad with grilled chicken and lots of veggies (cherry tomatoes, mushrooms, pepper, cucumber, greens)

M3: zoodles with garlic mushrooms & canned tuna in brine

Day 11-

M1: scrambled eggs with mushrooms and spring  cooked in coconut oil 

M2: green salad with bell pepper and cucumber + grilled salmon fillet + apple

M3: brocoli&cauliflower soup + peppered smoked mackerel fillet 

Archived