Round1 Log

Am_S

Day 12-

M1: scrambled eggs with mushrooms and spring  cooked in coconut oil

M2: turmeric chicken breast + tons of veggies (cherry tomatoes/radish/cucumber/spring onion/mixed leaves/pepper)

M3: brocoli&cauliflower soup + peppered smoked mackerel fillet + almonds&blueberries

Day 13-

M1: scrambled eggs with mushrooms and spring  cooked in coconut oil 

M2: grilled chicken with big salad (greens, bell pepper, cucumber, cherry tomatoes) + 20g nuts

M3: chicken fajitas (lettuce wrap) & guac

Day 14

M1: scrambled eggs with mushrooms and spring  cooked in coconut oil 

M2: hicken fajitas (lettuce wrap) & guac (leftover from yesterday's dinner)

M3: canned tuna & lots of veggies (swede, parsnip&eggplant + bell pepper/cherry tomatoes)

Day 15-

M1: 1 scrambled egg with sauteed cavolo nero cooked in coconut oil + 30g almonds

M2: grilled chicken with big salad (greens, bell pepper, cucumber, cherry tomatoes)

M3: itsu salad, no dressing (shredded chicken + HB eggs + salmon + greens + 1/2 avocado)

Day 16-

M1: 30g smoked salmon + sauteed cavolo nero & asparagus+ 30g cashews

M2: 2 beef patties (100g) + sauteed cavolo nero & asparagus + roasted cauliflower rice

M3: itsu salad, no dressing (grilled salmon fillet + greens) + mango/pineapple fingers

Day 17-

M1: 30g smoked salmon and big salad (mushrooms/cucumber/cherry tomatoes/greens)

M2: chili + cauliflower rice

M3: canned tuna + roasted veggies (marrow&eggplant)

Day 18-

M1: 30g smoked salmon and big salad (mushrooms/cucumber/cherry tomatoes/greens)

M2: cauliflower and brocoli soup & jamon de bellota

M3: canned tuna & veggies

Day 20-

M1: 30g smoked salmon + 1 scrambled egg with mushrooms + steamed brocoli (leftover from yesterday)

M2: beef patties (100g) + pointed cabbage with lemon and garlic dressing

M3: steamed cauliflower + grilled eggplant + mackerel fillet

1 hour ago, Am_S said:

Day 20-

M1: 30g smoked salmon + 1 scrambled egg with mushrooms + steamed brocoli (leftover from yesterday)

M2: beef patties (100g) + pointed cabbage with lemon and garlic dressing

M3: steamed cauliflower + grilled eggplant + mackerel fillet

Have you seen the meal template?  You are under eating and that won't lead toward the best results. Think in terms of 1-2 PALMS of protein, NOT grams and stop measuring. Add 1-2 servings of fats and FILL your plate with veggies. Do this at each of your 3 meals and eat meal 1 within 1 hour of waking.

Thanks for the feedback!

I actually don't measure, it's just that I kind of know how much 100g look like and it's easier for me to recall & get a sense of portion size. 

I know I'm supposed to be eating more but I just can't..since I began the W30 I've lost a lot of appetite, I guess because of the increase in fat intake? I cook with EVOO or coconut oil and I sometimes add nuts to breakfast. I've read that other ppl have also experienced less appetite but I didn't find anything to work for me.. any tips?

4 hours ago, Am_S said:

Thanks for the feedback!

I actually don't measure, it's just that I kind of know how much 100g look like and it's easier for me to recall & get a sense of portion size. 

I know I'm supposed to be eating more but I just can't..since I began the W30 I've lost a lot of appetite, I guess because of the increase in fat intake? I cook with EVOO or coconut oil and I sometimes add nuts to breakfast. I've read that other ppl have also experienced less appetite but I didn't find anything to work for me.. any tips?

My point really was that 100 grams is NOT 1-2 palms. And when you eat eggs a serving is as many as you can hold in your hand. Add another egg or two when you have that "bit" of smoked salmon.  

You have no appetite because you are not eating enough! And the only way to get past that is to eat your three template meals. Plate up your mean and eat around the plate--protein, veggies, fats. Eat as much as you can and if you don't finish, put it away and finish an hour later or as soon as you can. 

Eating three template meals WITH fats (cooking fat generally doesn't count and nuts are not the best fat source, are hard to digest, and should be eaten sparingly). Eating three template meals, with meal 1 within an hour of waking is how you will get your hormones balance, your energy levels up, and become fat-adapted. 

Are you salting your food? It's important to do so. 

Are you drinking 1/2 oz of water per pound of body weight? 

You CAN do this. :)

6 hours ago, ArtFossil said:

My point really was that 100 grams is NOT 1-2 palms. And when you eat eggs a serving is as many as you can hold in your hand. Add another egg or two when you have that "bit" of smoked salmon.  

You have no appetite because you are not eating enough! And the only way to get past that is to eat your three template meals. Plate up your mean and eat around the plate--protein, veggies, fats. Eat as much as you can and if you don't finish, put it away and finish an hour later or as soon as you can. 

Eating three template meals WITH fats (cooking fat generally doesn't count and nuts are not the best fat source, are hard to digest, and should be eaten sparingly). Eating three template meals, with meal 1 within an hour of waking is how you will get your hormones balance, your energy levels up, and become fat-adapted. 

Are you salting your food? It's important to do so. 

Are you drinking 1/2 oz of water per pound of body weight? 

You CAN do this. :)

As much counter-intuitive as it sounds, it actually makes sense

I do salt my food & drink plenty of water, from your comments I think I will focus on increasing my protein intake and including different sources of fat..let's see how it goes! Thanks again for taking the time!!

Day 21-

M1: 2 scrambled eggs with mushrooms

M2: mackerel fillet and big salad (radish, bell pepper, onion, cucumber, cherry tomatoes and greens)

M3: zuchini coconut curried soup + big salad (just like M2)

Day 22- Off to Morocco!!

M1: 2 scrambled eggs with mushrooms and spring onion cooked in coconut oil + 1 banana

M2: tomato soup + crayfish, avo & spinach salad

M3: shrimps, avo, tomato & lettuce salad

Note: I'm finding it surprisingly hard to keep the healthy eating while travelling- not because of lack of healthy options (I'm staying at my sisters so I can pretty much eat what I want, and moroccan cuisine is all about real food and protein&veggies dishes are easy to find). What's being difficult is to keep the "structured"mindset while being away- I still associate vacations and lack of routine with  "food freedom", but not the food freedom the W30 promotes. That tells me that I need to keep working on my relationship with food bc I'm still not there yet.

I'm finishing the W30 while still in Morocco and I'm considering different options for reintro. At first I was afraid of thinking of it as the end of W30 bc it might trigger unealthy behaviours back again ("I'm not doing the W30, I might as well have 1 cookie- oops whole badge"). I'm trying to figure out a way of slowly introducing food groups while totally avoiding ultra processed crap (yes to good quality cheese or full fat greek yogurt in moderation, no to crisps).

Bottom line, the W30 has helped me a lot in redefining my relationship with food by setting some very clear rules that I know I cannot break, but the blurriness of reintro is a whole new chapter I need to figure out how to tackle

Day 23-

M1: 2 scrambled eggs + 1 fig+ 1 kiwi + 1 tomato

M2: grilled chicken +  tomato, onion, tuna and carrot salad + 1 banana

M3: (Ftour / ramadan) rasberries, black olives, dates and figs

Day 24-

M1: 2 scrambled eggs + cucumber, bell pepper & endive salad with EVOO + nectarine

M2: grilled chicken + cucumber, tomato & endive salad + pumpkin seeds

M3: chicken skewer + moroccan grilled vegetables (eggplant, pepper, green beans, beets) + olives

Day 25-

M1: cucumber, bell pepper & endive salad with mackerel fillets

M2: smoked salmon & egg, white cabbage, tomato, lettuce and grated carrot + nectarine + betterave juice

M3: cucumber & endive salad + carrot sticks + sardines in EVOO

Note: Tonight my whole family went to have the classical Ftour- it was really realy hard, because they had some compliant options but a huge buffet full of sweets & fried food that I do not want to eat. Sometimes it's still very difficult to watch people eat stuff that I know are not good for me but that I crave. I decided to have dinner by myself at my sister's and join the rest of my family after ftour... I hate having to chose between a healthy lifestyle and a social life, but I don't feel strong enough to put myself through all of that and not screwing up or feeling miserable

Getting clear on the WHY-

1) getting food freedom. I've had a rocky relationship with food for a long time, and I don't want it to have power over me anymore. Eating 3x a day has helped me reconnect with real physical hunger. The no-scale rule has been great to prove to myself that I don't need to be measuring everything all the time: no more counting calories, no more weighting food, no more defining myself by the number on the scale

2) starting to really paying attention to my body and how I feel. Sleeping and resting more, learning to stop from time to time

3) learning to say No and take responsibility for my choices. It's been the hardest part of this process, getting rid of expectations and stop trying to please everyone. Also, stop using other people's bad choices as an excuse for mine ("I'm only eating cake because my friend really wanted some and felt guilty by eating the whole thing herself")

4) recovering tastedbuds- it happened when I quit smoking but I had completely forgor how amazing it is to rediscover flavours. Now the fruit tastes sweeter and everything tastes so much better than before

5) identifying what I really want to reintroduce in my diet (dairy) and what are just bad habits that I managed to break (sweets, bread)

6) discovering which food groups don't work for me- I suspect cereals but I'll have to wait until reintro

Day 27-

M1: 2 egg omelette with peppers fried in EVOO + cherries&orange + black olives + tomato&cucumber

M2: sardines tajine in spiced tomato sauce

M3: chicken thigh tajine with lemon and olives + green olives

Day 29-

M1: 1egg omelette with peppers + orange with cinnamon + melon + watermelon

M2: apple (stuck at the train with no compliant options)

M3: lamb tagine with prunes and shaved almonds + the a la mente

Day 30-

M1: 2 scrambled eggs + honeydew + orange

M2: grilled sardines and grilled veggie skewer

M3: vegetable tagine + 5 salades marocaines

Note: Done!!! Because I'm travelling I'm considering keep going until I'm back and I do a proper reintro

Archived