A little advice, please.

So the past few days have been days where nothing seems appetizing and I haven't been all that hungry.  So when I was finally hungry, I made a stop at the store and saw chips that contained avocado oil, potatoes, and  salt.  Getting mixed reviews, I heard it's what fits your whole30 and no, you're not supposed to have store bought chips. While I know "rules are rules", I'm feel guilty today even though I didn't demolish an entire bag, but I did eat about a quarter of the bag.  Afterwards, I offered them to my husband.  I'm on day 11.  I'm not having sugar cravings and I'm not tempted to eat anything that's really not whole30 approved.  I was just happy I was finally hungry and then I didn't make the best of choices.   I really do not want to start over.  I've realized that I can stop myself, but mostly I realized these do not settle with my stomach at all.   The brand was boulder canyon, not that matters.  I wanna do this right, but starting over seems impossible.  It seems impossible because I'm the only one in my family doing whole30.  This may seem silly, I just wanted advice to see what everyone thinks.  No excuses, I know.  Rules are rule, but my intention of the chips weren't to binge out or feed a craving.  I read the new article posted about the new store bought chip rule, but still not sure where to go from here.  So this is where I need advice, do you think I'd get the same results if I did a whole31?

• Moderators

Whether you start over or not is really up to you -- read this article and decide for yourself. 

If you're not sure about what you want to do right now, I'd really recommend going on with your 30 days as planned, and as you get close to the end of those 30 days, think about what you want to do next. It could be that by then, things feel more normal to you and adding an extra 11 days on to get a full 30 days compliant doesn't feel so overwhelming. Days 10 and 11 are the days when people are most likely to quit, so now is maybe not the best day to make that kind of decision.

Archived