What did i do!?!

I posted this on my introduction but thought maybe this would be a better place for it.

Well I made it about 1 day and 20 hours. I don't know why I felt the need/urge but after I got my daughters tucked in to bed last night I went on a rampage. It started with about 6 mini reeses peanut butter eggs, then I got out the peanut butter to dip about six more in, next came a pack of pop-tarts-covered with peanut butter of course. Then back to the reeses and on from there. I know I am "supposed" to get rid of everything like that in the house but at the same time I do not have an issue with my children occasionally having some of it. I just came of 12 weeks of ketosis in which time I did not have any problems like this. I think I am definitely going to need some support to get through the next 30 days, day 1 starts again today!

• Administrators

Finding out the "don't know why" is going to be critical in planning to avoid whatever it was. 

What was your first day and a half of eating? Give us specifics and we'll see if we can help.

37 minutes ago, ladyshanny said:

Finding out the "don't know why" is going to be critical in planning to avoid whatever it was. 

What was your first day and a half of eating? Give us specifics and we'll see if we can help.

5/6/17 First Day 1-I don't have a picture of my breakfast, it was 3 eggs, 1 sweet potato and brussels sprouts, I put some sriracha on my eggs in the morning and was about to put some on the salmon salad at dinner when I realized it had sugar listed as an ingredient. The first two pictures are lunch and dinner.

5/7/17-The third picture is breakfast lunch and dinner for my second day 1.

5/8/17- The last three pictures are breakfast, lunch and dinner yesterday, before the gross rampage started. I did also eat an additional helping, about the same size as in the picture, of sweet potatoes and broccoli and cauliflower last night. The bowl for dinner on day 1 and 2 is ground beef, fresh stewed tomatoes and lotus root.

I appreciate any and all feed back.

0507171408-1.jpg

0506171456a.jpg

IMG_20170507_202502_741.jpg

0508170924.jpg

0508171201.jpg

0508171626b.jpg

• Administrators

Your meals look really small and it looks like you are relying on a lot of salad greens which don't get you very far. Think of a big bowl of fluffy salad that you put dressing on and then come back to an hour later. All wilted down into nothing. That's the same that happens when you eat them, there's not really enough there unless you're eating wheelbarrows full.  When you're eating cooked veggies like in your last picture, we really mean to fill your plate with the veggies. The scant amount you have there isn't going to cut it. I also don't see an added fat on each meal outside of the four olives on the first picture. You need to add a fat to every meal which is what keeps you full longer.

The sugar/peanut butter binge was a likely result of being in the Whole30 first days and not eating enough. Your body wanted calories and it knew exactly where to get them. 

Review the meal template linked in my signature below and really aim to make your meals match. 1-2 palms of protein, 1-2 servings of fat and then fill your plate with veggies. Focus more on cooked or sturdier veggies than salad greens.

2 hours ago, ladyshanny said:

Your meals look really small and it looks like you are relying on a lot of salad greens which don't get you very far. Think of a big bowl of fluffy salad that you put dressing on and then come back to an hour later. All wilted down into nothing. That's the same that happens when you eat them, there's not really enough there unless you're eating wheelbarrows full.  When you're eating cooked veggies like in your last picture, we really mean to fill your plate with the veggies. The scant amount you have there isn't going to cut it. I also don't see an added fat on each meal outside of the four olives on the first picture. You need to add a fat to every meal which is what keeps you full longer.

The sugar/peanut butter binge was a likely result of being in the Whole30 first days and not eating enough. Your body wanted calories and it knew exactly where to get them. 

Review the meal template linked in my signature below and really aim to make your meals match. 1-2 palms of protein, 1-2 servings of fat and then fill your plate with veggies. Focus more on cooked or sturdier veggies than salad greens.

Thank you, I will definitely focus on adding more fats and veggies. I did cook most everything with coconut oil plus the sweet potatoes and cooked veggies had a homemade dill coconut oil/olive oil spread. 

I am definitely feeling the effects of this binge today. I am normally up by 4am to get a workout and some housework done before my daughters have to get up and get ready for school. Today I was barely able to drag myself out of bed by 545 and I have been having some serious intestinal distress as well. Hopefully this has taught me a little something...

Archived