Starting 5/14

ChristinaL

• Administrators
Just now, KelliW said:

Actually, this was on the Culvers nutrion web site. They list all their foods and the ingredients. I think I'm ok.

"Culver’s Ground Beef Patty, Cooked - 100% Ground Beef, Seasoned with Salt and Pepper."

Erm......cooking oil? I looked at the allergen info because I couldn't find the ingredients list and it indicated an allergen of soy. :( 

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kelli, don't let it throw you.  You need to find how it can work for you.  As I said before, it has to be hard for those who work and have a family.  Wish I had some shortcuts for you but it's all new to me too.  Keep on plugging!

Dreamed I ate brownies last night.  Thank goodness it was a dream.  Scrambled eggs, sliced tomatoes and strawberries with my coffee and almond milk for breakfast.  Protein salad for lunch.  I bought mejool dates at the store this morning.  I ate one and put them away.  They could be a trigger so I think I'll leave them alone for now.  I had a deviled egg for my pre workout snack.  I hit the wall last week at Pilates so decided to try a snack.  It was better.  Dinner was spaghetti squash, pesto and shrimp.  I've had more energy today so I'm counting on things being better.  Thankfully, no Memorial Day plans.

@KelliW I'm sorry to hear about your day yesterday. But, good for you, making the decision to start over and stick with it, I can imagine it would have been frustrating to come to those realizations, but it takes guts to admit it and start over. 

Things have been going well this week.  I am actually enjoying cooking and have some staples to help me around the afternoon cravings - which I can't seem to kick.  I ate too much fruit yesterday and didn't feel well but today is better.  

@KelliW you have been such a champion for this group - stick with it.  I had to restart several times before I found foods that were compliant.  I should have finished yesterday but too many mistakes with ingredients (and then I went off course wildly because I felt like I had failed anyway) had me officially restart with this group.  So now I have 21 practice days under my belt and 11 honest Whole30 days.  I feel great and even my tight pants are loose.  NSV!

This weekend will be hard as we do a big Memorial celebration with my family so it will be hard to turn down a lot of the foods and desserts, beverage and snacks.  I have will power this time which is new and different.

Thanks everyone for continuing to post your experiences!

@pilatesfan your supper sounds so good!! I have always loved pesto, and the combination with spaghetti squash and shrimp would be tasty!!

@Vguck good luck with the Memorial Day celebrations!

Meals today included leftovers for breakfast and lunch, and for dinner I had a can of tuna mixed with pickles, green onion, and homemade mayo on top of a plateful of kale and brussel sprouts. It was a bit of an early dinner because my stepson had a soccer game. I was hungry afterwards so had a hard boiled egg with a few nuts - thought the tuna would be enough protein to get me through the evening, but in hindsight should have added more substance to the meal - maybe a starchy veggie like sweet potato. 

Hope everyone has a good evening and a great day tomorrow. 

Gotta' change my breakfast.  Scrambled eggs, spaghetti squash, ghee, cantelope, coffee with almond milk.  Lunch will be chicken protein salad.  Dinner is flounder on a bed of spinach with roasted red pepper and asparagus.

Slept good last night.  Soaking in lavender epson salts might be the ticket.  Still a little sluggish but all in all things are good.  Hope everyone has a great day and a compliant Memorial Day weekend.

@pilatesfan soaking in lavender epson salts sounds divine!! Glad you were able to sleep well - I may have to give it a try!!

Today was pretty standard, leftovers for breakfast and lunch, but for dinner I tried making a crust less quiche. It included eggs, coconut milk, onion, green pepper, spinach and prosciutto. I was worried about how it would taste - typically I like my quiche cheesy - but it actually turned out really good!! I served it with roasted sweet potatoes and raw veggies (carrots, broccoli, mushrooms, celery, cucumber) on the side. 

Feeling less nervous about this weekend after making it through last. Hope everyone has a good, compliant weekend!

Good evening all.

This weekend will be prepping more food.  It was a tough week because I was tired of eggs and didn't have enough time to cook.  Prepping will make it much easier!

I reread the W30 book, so I'm more clear on what is complaint.  Since I'm starting over, it should be a bit easier when looking at labels.  I'm not going to say "starting over", just adding 10 days to my 30.  The first 10 were good practice!  

Time to go pick out some recipes and cook some chicken and pork to eat during the week.  Hope you are having a wonderful evening!

Shook up the breakfast menu.....sausage, asparagus, roasted sweet potato and coffee with almond milk.    Sweet potato was yummy.  Lunch was protein salad made with tuna.  Dinner is steak, baked potato and salad.

Going  to try my hand at a salad dressing and maybe some clarified butter.  I have not loved the ghee as the brand I bought seems to have an off taste/smell.  Probably just me.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Today was a great day!  I got some cooking out of the way for the week, got some exercise by working in the yard, spent some quality time with the kids, and am now relaxing with one of the yummy drinks that are in the W30 recipe book.  It's almost as good as wine!  I really feel like I'm treating myself - something I needed!

Tomorrow will be a tough one.  We are going to a White Sox game, so I'm going to have to bring something that I can eat.  Luckily my hubby and sis (her family is going too) will be a good help.

By the way - I'm really a huge Cubs fan, but the Sox games are fun and family friendly. :)

Hope you are having a great weekend!  Go team!

Well I have had some tiger blood days and struggle days. I can pretty much pin it down to not having enough fat. I never was a big dressing/sauce person before so now I'm struggling to remember to incorporate some with every meal if I'm not consuming olives or avocado (I'm not a big avocado person either). I'm going to try guacamole this week to see if the other flavors in the avocado helps. 

Other than that, I'm plugging along. I'm seeing some awesome NSV with my skin. It's pretty encouraging! That and my cravings for sweets is basically gone. Where I struggle is wanting food like pizza or bread. 

As for the reintroduction phase, I'm thinking of just putting it off the reintroducing until I find something that feel like is worth it to test, not just for the sake of doing it. If that makes sense. 

Keep it up friends!! 

Good luck at the game @KelliW!!

Today was definitely a struggle day.  Before Whole 30 I basically ate good Monday thru Friday but tended to splurge on the weekend.  My brain is telling me it's the weekend.  What's up or why not?  I've got to try some new recipes as I think I'm bored.  Another one of my triggers to make a wrong decision.

At any rate, I've managed another day and the kitchen is closed.  I'm making a pork butt tomorrow with the tangy barbeque sauce.  Have'nt decided on the sides yet.  I'll have the rest of the tuna protein salad for lunch.  Not sure about breakfast.  May be a repeat of the sausage, roasted sweet potatoes and asparagus.

I slept good last night and woke up feeling good.  I hit a 3:30 slump so haven't got the tiger blood yet.  Soon, I hope.

Funny you should mention it.  My skin is looking improved too.  As far as sweets and bread haven't seen anything yet that has really tempted me.  But please don't sit down in front of me with a bowl of ice cream! My #1 weakness.  I might bite your head off before I leave the room.  

We ( including ME) can do this!

I woke up with an upset stomach, I think my digestive tract is trying to figure itself out, but I'm not ruling out a stomach bug because my daughter had one last week. 

So I haven't had meal 1 yet, :-/

I'll post again later. Keep it up everyone! We are half way there!

My stomach is feeling much better. Dinner was fantastic! I had two perfect burgers on sweet potato 'buns', asparagus, sweet potato 'fries' and a pickle. Soooo yummy. I made homemade mayo and put that the burgers with some mustard. Soo satisfying, and it was nice to do the barbecue dinner with everyone else :) how was your Memorial Day? 

@pilatesfan  Ice cream is my weakness also!  Yesterday I was prepared.  My family and my sister's family went to Dairy Queen after the ballgame.  They all order yummy desserts while I got out a Lara bar and ate that.  It was a little hard, but I did it!

@CaLorraine  Glad you stomach is better! I need to make the homemade mayo!

This weekend was really good!  I definitely have the Tiger Blood - I can't believe how much energy I have.  I didn't have a big appetite today either.  I made steak this evening with grilled sliced brussel sprouts.  I'm not a fan, so I cooked them until they were crispy.  I ended up accidentally getting some of my cranberry vinegar on them - boy was that really good! Now I know how I will cook them next time.  The vinegar takes away the bitterness.  I had a huge salad and a baked potato.  I was so full that I didn't even eat the potato.  

I was so proud of my self at the White Sox game.  I didn't have a beer - just a bottle of water.  Everyone around me was eating and I stayed strong because I brought my own food. 

I am ready to start the week.  It's my kids' last week of school so it will be a bit crazy.  I cooked this weekend a bit, so I'm prepared.  Happy Memorial Day!

Hi - Just checking in this morning - it was a crazy busy weekend for me which ended up being perfect and I stayed on Whole30 the entire time!  It turns out my sister-in-law knew all about it because her friend has been living this lifestyle for a year and has lost 75 pounds so far.  While I am noticing how loose my clothes are these days, my family noticed how pretty my skin was, so that was a nice surprise I didn't see for myself.  

Great job @KelliW for staying on plan at the game.  That was a real life challenge for sure.  

@pilatesfan I love reading your menu choices and the phrase the kitchen is closed.  Thanks for consistently sharing.

@CaLorraine Glad to hear the sweet potato buns are a hit, I have been nervous about trying them.  I had my first tiger blood day yesterday ad couldn't believe how much I accomplished.  

I have a massive headache today.  Anyone else?

I think I may be dehydrated and I didn't sleep well last night - husband tossing and turning, my feet were sweating and I had a bad dream where I threw all away and ate junk that didn't even taste good in my dreams.

Going to start drinking a lot of water but wondering if anyone had any ideas.  Had a full breakfast of eggs, homemade turkey burger, veggies and strawberries.  Just ate lunch of cashews, banana, meal chili with lots of veggies so my food intake is good, I think.

No headache for me but my stomach is upset again :( tmi I threw up early this morning and now real crampy and no appetite, and no I'm not pregnant, my period also started yesterday :( I'm almost sure it's a stomach bug, I never throw up. 

So I haven't had meal one yet, I've just been trying to drink water. 

@Vguck I hope your headache clears up! I'm glad you got to experience some Tiger's Blood!! Woot! 

I think we all may be somewhat in the second half doldrums???  I made the pulled pork yesterday and it was delicious.  Had enough leftover for several days so I had a salad today with some of the pork.  I made the tangy barbeque sauce but was not impressed.    Just not satisfied or wanting to eat what's in the refrigerator.   I'll make the butternut squash soup this afternoon to have for later. 

Don't  know what can be the cause of the headache this far into it.  Sinus maybe?  Your food choices look good.

i guess it's time to pull up the big girl panties and hunker down.  We're over half way and know how the plan works.  Just got to stick with it as we know we can!

Oh No  - Sounds like we have some sickies!  It's so hard to plow through when you aren't feeling well, but You can do it!  

@Vguck - I hope your headache goes away .  I didn't get much sleep last night either, so I might go grab a cup of coffee.  

@CaLorraine - i hope your stomach is better soon!  Love how you wrote that you weren't pregnant! :)

Thanks @pilatesfan and @Lea Mint for your encouragement!

Anyone have ideas for breakfast.  I just cannot eat veggies during breakfast. Actually having anything that is a lunch/dinner food does not sound appetizing.  I made some scrambled eggs with herbs today and had to force myself to finish the second one.  I even got sick of the egg bake I made the first week.  I miss my cereal. :(

Time to get back to work. 

@KelliWhttps://whole30.com/2016/01/best-of-whole30-recipes-egg-less-breakfasts/

Check out some of those recipes. How about a soup for breakfast? Since my stomach has been so awful I've had to rework my meal plan this week for lighter fairs so I don't anger the stomach. The butternut squash soup sounds yummy, and you could throw chicken or sausage in it for protein. Just another idea. :)

So I'm having egg drop soup for breakfast. My husband made a really yummy broth type thing last night for me, it has chicken and beef broth, garlic, onions and carrots, and you strain it so you just have the broth. I'm using that with the eggs for egg drop soup so I can have some protein and more substance since my stomach is much, much more improved. If that sits nicely in my stomach, as soon as I'm hungry I'll whip up a real template meal and go the rest of the day on plan. :)

i hope y'all have a good day! 

I've eaten the butternut squash soup for breakfast.  I hadn't thought about the egg drop soup.  That sounds good.  Not much cooking for me today.  Lots of leftovers in refrigerator so I've been eating what's on hand.  I did make another batch of mayonnaise and the ranch dressing.  

I hope everyone is doing well and can see the light at the end of the tunnel!  Stay focused.  We're going downhill.

Butternut squash soup, scrambled eggs, and blueberries with my coffee for breakfast.  I'll have a salad with the pulled pork for lunch.  Making chili for dinner.  Haven't decided what will go with it.

Will inventory my groceries and make menus for the final leg.  Have a great day!

Archived