Reintroducing wine on Day 31 wasn't a good idea!

JenJoy

OH man, I've been wanting a glass of wine badly off and on for the last two weeks.  So last night I had half a glass of red which was quite delicious and worth it.  Until 20 minutes later when I started having stomach cramps and bloating.  That and  more continued through the night.  When I got up this morning I felt as if I'd been run over by a truck!  It was an effort to walk from one room to another and thank goodness I had nowhere I had to be.  I finally had a two hour nap and am just now fixing Meal 1.  Stomach is slightly improving.  I am so totally amazed by the strength of this reaction!  Obviously no more of my beloved wine for me.  Except maybe it isn't quite so beloved any more.  It's actually very interesting to experience such results. 

I know!  I have heard that distilled spirits have no or at least much less sugar so next up is to try Tequila!  I'm going to pour a shot in a glass, add squeezes of lemon and lime juice and fill it with sparkling water.  I've heard that is quite refreshing.  Not wine, but geeze, I'm not going to risk that reaction again!  It seemed like quite an extreme reaction and I hope it isn't a usual one.  I had the wine about 7:15 Tuesday evening and it took me until I woke up this morning (Thursday) to feel like normal.  

• 2 months later...

Hello Ladies - 

I just reintroduced wine on Sunday July 30th and I too was less than wowed. I chose my wine carefully - Frey, Cabernet Sauvignon made without added sulfites. The wine was very smooth and I did not have any reaction that evening BUT it completely disrupted my sleep. I woke up often, tossed and turned all night. I am not real excited about having another glass but may finish off the bottle over time. I have gone back to my flavored sparkling water with fun iced fruit. 

I'm moving to Vodka as my next alcohol trial!

I hope you both are continuing with the clean eating - either W30 or Paleo.  Be our role models.

Archived