Steak n Shake victory!

HelenLA

I had to eat out at Steak N Shake - don't ask it was a work thing. I knew this was going to happen so I researched them online. I was thinking I could have grilled chicken breast on salad. Boy was I wrong! Their chicken breast has so much crap on it. however their ground beef patties are 100% ground beef. I ended up ordering a guacamole Burger minus the bun minus the cheese minus the mayonnaise extra tomatoes extra onions extra lettuce extra guacamole. the guacamole ingredients listed on their website was avocado, jalapeno, onion and spices. I called the restaurant to find out what kind of cooking fat they used on the grill for the beef and they said none because it's a nonstick surface. They also told me if I let them know about allergies they would clean off a fresh space on the grill and use a clean spatula. I didn't ask them to do that because I don't want to lie and say I have allergies out of respect for people who actually do. they did not charge me for the extra guacamole or veggies. They did bring my plate out with fries on it though. I told them I didn't order the fries and I can't eat them. I asked for a separate plate and scooped all of the fries off and offered it to my tablemates. I sprinkled some salt on the dish that I had after chopping everything up and it was delicious. I had an RX bar and Larabar in my purse just in case but they were not needed. this eating out thing gets a little easier all the time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The burgers are grilled with the liquid margarine. Listed in the allergens doc you linked.

Liquid Margarine (for Grilling) 

Partially Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Soybean Lecithin, TBHQ and Citric Acid (added to protect flavor), Artificially 
flavored, Colored with Beta Carotene, and Dimethylpolysiloxane (antifoaming agent). 

Contains: soy

Archived