EA's First W30

ErikaA

I am on day two and so far so good...

Day 1:

- meal 1: sausages with a sweet potato and apple bake (inspired by:  http://www.paleorunningmomma.com/sweet-potato-apple-breakfast-bake-paleo-whole30/) and guacamole on the side;

- meal 2: fruit (I know this is NOT GOOD) but I was so nauseous, I couldn't get anything else down so had a couple of strawberries and a piece of canteoupe alongside 5 macadamia nuts

- meal 3: taco salad with the dreamy avocado dressing from ISWF

Day 2:

- meal 1: egg bake with LOADS of veggies and sausage (I prepped this on Sunday for the week) with avocado

- meal 2: leftovers from Day 1 

- meal 3: chili topped with the Dreamy avocado dressing - I made a big batch of chill so I could freeze some as an emergency meal during the 30 days  

IMG_0057.JPG

IMG_0053.JPG

IMG_0055.JPG

IMG_0061.JPG

Day 3: I had experienced headaches in days 1 and 2 (not sure if that was W30 related or not), but today I felt much better. I have been trying to drink more water than normal during the day, hoping that will help keep the headaches away. 

-Meal 1: leftover egg bake and half of a banana

- Meal 2: leftover chilli with avocado and some berries on the side

- Meal 3: leftover chilli with dreamy avocado dressing

Day 4: I felt pretty good today - no headaches - and I didn't feel too sleepy despite having hardly drank any coffee. I had a craving for sweets after dinner (could it be from eating a white potato?) but refrained from eating anything else. 

- meal 1 leftover egg bake with half of an avocado, a few strawberries and blueberries

- meal 2- leftover chilli and half of an avocado

- meal 3- steak, half of a potato, roasted veggies (asparagus, mushrooms, cauliflower, broccoli, and brussel sprouts)

I think I need to focus on how full I am getting when I am eating; worried I may be eating too much. 

Day 5: The morning started off a bit rough, I woke up starving, but when I went to eat breakfast I got very nauseous.  I managed to finish my breakfast and by the time I got to work I was feeling better.  But then, after eating lunch, I got quite a headache, which I think went away by drinking some extra water.  Supper was a real struggle - I had a tough time choking down my food, but once I was done I started feeling great!  Except for a couple of hours later when I started getting hungry with a headache - which led me to eat some nuts, a piece of cantaloupe, and some veggies dipped in the ranch dressing I was prepping for Day 6 lunch (I feel a bit like I "cheated" since I didn't stick to the "mini-meal" plan where I should have had some protein with fat, but I am at least glad I stuck to W30 approved foods and didn't fall off plan).

Meal 1: Leftover egg bake with half of an avocado, some cantaloupe

Meal 2: Salad with kale, brussel sprouts, tomatoes, cucumber, carrots, beets, steak, blueberries, in an olive oil based dressing with lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, parsley, garlic, and oregano

Meal 3: Mexican Chicken as found in ISWF, leftover grilled vegetables from the night before dipped in the dreamy avocado dressing from ISWF

Snack: small handful of mixed nuts (macadamia, pecans, walnuts), a piece of cantaloupe, celery and cucumber dipped in the ranch dressing from ISWF --> I am not happy with this and wish I would have chosen a protein instead of the nuts and fruit...but, I am going to use this as a lesson to do better in the following days.

Day 6 - Felt much better today than yesterday

Meal one: leftover egg bake with cantaloupe, coffee with coconut oil and coconut milk

Meal two: salad with kale, brussell sprouts, cucumber, tomatoes, carrots, chicken, in a mayo based dressing (ranch style as found in ISWF)

Meal three: salmon rubbed with olive oil, paprika, pepper, chilli pepper, onion powder and baked, then topped with an avocado/jalapeño/lime "salsa" with salad (coleslaw mix - various types of shredded cabbage)

Day 7 - Hard to believe a week in already! Today was more of an active day with a 15km bike ride, plus over an hour walking. 

Meal 1: sausage, egg, sweet potato, tomatoes, mixed cabbage, strawberries, and coconut oil and coconut milk in my coffee (wasn't able to finish the sausage)

Meal 2: salad with spinach, mixed cabbbage, carrots, cucumber, celery, tomatoes, steak, in an olive oil based salad dressing (homemade) and a few chopped macadamia nuts 

Mini-meal (Post WO) - rest of the sausage from breakfast, veggies, and avocado 

Meal 3: chicken stir fry with onions, broccoli, green pepper, carrots on top of riced cauliflower and mixed cabbage

Day 8 - stomach issues today, but managed to stick with it and stay on track

Meal 1: eggs, sausage, and skillet potatoes in ghee, with strawberries and coffee, which included coconut oil

Meal 2: turkey and veggie meatloaf (performance paleo cookbook), with mixed cabbage salad, cucumbers, avocado, and cantaloupe 

Meal 3: spaghetti squash topped with meat sauce and a salad of spinach, cabbage, cucumber, tomatoes, shredded carrots

Day 9

1 - turkey and veggie meatloaf with two eggs, veggies, fruit, and coffee with coconut oil

2 - leftover chicken stir fry on top of mixed cabbage topped with a coconut curry sauce

3- chicken soup from ISWF with butternut squash, onions, carrots, celery - used chicken bone broth to form base of the soup

IMG_0091.PNG

Day 10 (a third of the way there!) 

Meal 1 - same as day 9

Meal 2 - same as day 9 - salad with coconut curry sauce

Meal 3 - skillet beef fajitas served on top of kale and brussel sprouts with a spicy olive oil based dressing (homemade)

Day 11:

Meal 1 - leftover meatloaf, two hard-boiled eggs, tomatoes, cucumber, mixed cabbage, bit of cantaloupe, coffee and coconut oil - same as past couple days, but I tried to cut back on the amount of fruit, just used the cantaloupe to add some flavour to the cabbage

Meal 2 - leftover spaghetti squash topped with ghee and leftover meat sauce, with a side of mixed veggies (carrots, mushrooms, broccoli, cauliflower, celery, plum tomatoes)

Meal 3 - leftover chicken soup, served with raw veggies and homemade ranch dressing as found in ISWF

Day 12:

Meal 1: Same as day before

Meal 2: kale and brussel sprouts topped with leftover beef and peppers from day 10, in an olive oil based dressing

Meal 3: can of tuna mixed with homemade mayo, pickles, and green onion on top of kale and brussel sprouts. 

Day 13:

Meal 1 - same as previous days - it's been a nice change up from eggs this week mixing it up with the "meatloaf"

Meal 2 - another salad made with kale and brussel sprouts topped with steak, peppers, avocado

Meal 3 - quiche with sweet potatoes and mixed raw veggies on the side - quiche was made from eggs, coconut milk, onion, green pepper, spinach, and prosciutto (I couldn't find compliant bacon anywhere but the prosciutto seemed like a good substitute - ingredients: pork, salt, water)

Archived