Reintro during Work Trip - no say in food served

HI everyone! My Whole30 will end on May 31st, and on June 2nd, I will leave for a work trip that will last 9 days. During that time, I will be staying in a hotel without kitchen nor fridge, and working on-site 8 AM - 5 PM. All of my meals are provided during the event (breakfast before work starts on location, lunch during 1 hour break, dinner directly after workday ends), but they are served in a giant cafeteria-style setting where I have a variety of options, but no say in how things are prepared. There is no place for me to prepare meals, and I cannot afford to eat out for all of my meals, nor are their options nearby. I am stuck eating at the event for most of my meals.

Here is my question: I want to do this properly, but I will not be able to know things like: the kind of oil things are cooked in, hidden additives in ingredients, etc. I won't even know what my meal options will be until I get there. Because I've done this before,  I do know that there will be salad bars, there will be some kind of meat options (although sometimes they are cooked with cheese, etc, added in), and I know that they are cooking with industrial food, not the world's finest selections. Would it be better for me to just choose one thing to introduce during that time (say, dairy, or grains), and just stick with that throughout the time, trying to do the best I can with my options? Or are there other methods? Any ideas would be much appreciated. Thank you!

• Administrators

Realistically you will not be able to effectively do reintroductions given this set of events. Sorry. If it's not possible to know about additives, oils, dairy, marinades etc then it is not going to be possible for you to know what item may have impacted you if you end up noticing symptoms.

If it was me I would just do the best I could and schedule another Whole30 at a time when I could devote time to doing proper reintroductions. Unfortunately many people fail to do this part and it's a shame because although the 30 days is significant, it's not the point of the program. The reintros are the point and they are what is going to inform your decisions surrounding food going forward. Hopefully you can find time to do a Whole30 and reintros at some stage.

Archived