Step. Away. From. The. Candy.

I am NOT going to lie... it is taking every ounce of willpower I have not to fall face first in the bowl of Halloween candy right now. Instead, I'm typing here for commiseration.

I am not going to do it. I am on day 19 and there is no way in holy heck that I would unravel all I've done so far, but I need a place to safely say this:

I WANT IT SO BAD.

Well, I don't really. I don't want the sugar rush, the anxiety attacks, the fleeting energy, the crankiness that follows, the break-outs, the impatience I'll feel towards my little darlings, the fight I'll inevitably have with my husband because I need to take my guilt out on someone, the upset stomach I'll undoubtedly have, the regret, and most importantly, the feeling I'd have looking myself in the eyes knowing I let myself down...

Ok, I think I'll make myself a cup of tea instead. :)

Stay strong and know that your post just opened my eyes a bit more on this journey! My Whole30 was great and I feel so much better but I'm willing to bet I deal a little bit with that "unloading the guilt on hubby."

I hadn't thought of it like that, but now I see it.

Thanks for your post and keep up the great work you are doing for yourself and your family by getting healthy!

When I did a Whole30 in August, right around day 20 or 21, I had this crazy resurfacing of sugar cravings happen. I had it bad the first week, then it got much better and all of a sudden I wanted sugar very badly again. It only lasted a day or two and then I felt much better. I wonder if this is happening to you. Do you get the daily? There was actually a daily I think on day 21 that explained why this happens, and it's a good thing.

Hang in there! Sounds like some magic is about to come your way!

I've decided to have a whole coconut milk vanilla latte as my treat today instead of the Halloween candy. Halloween candy doesn't temp me as much as the Christmas stuff will.... peppermint bark, etc. So much of the Halloween candy really isn't that good, so....not worth the pain. I was also realizing yesterday that the psychological cost of giving in would be pretty big, and most certainly not worth it, even before considering the physical cost.

We finished our Whole 30 yesterday, and I'm delighted to say that I'm skipping candy this year, even though I LOVE LOVE LOVE Reese's PB Cups. Despite not being on the Whole 30 today, I realize what a detriment that crap would be to my system. I lost 2" in my waist (and 12.4 lbs, but who's counting) and it would be dumb to go back to that old way of eating. :-)

Today is a new day and not one iota of sugar crept into my body yesterday... In fact, once I got past that initial craving, it really didn't appeal to me at all. The kids brought home their haul, and we immediately packed up most of it for the troops. Thanks everyone for your support, and here's to finishing out my Whole30 stronger than ever...

Good for you! I spent an hour talking the kids out of their candy piece by piece, reimbursing them for every piece, and then today I decided to let them just eat the rest so I wouldn't have to deal with doling it out over the next week. Thankfully there was only a bit left after buying most of it, they pigged out like crazy and so far haven't shown any ill effects, thankfully. The stuff I bought went directly in the trash and carried out of the house, get the temptation out! Actually it didn't bother me as much as I thought it would, I'm learning!!! Now I have to deal with hubby when he gets home, I'm betting he's going to ask "where's the snickers" since candy is not something we keep in the house. Oh well, too bad, we've got lots of 85% dark :)

I'm glad I'm not the only one who had that kind of night! I had a lot of fun at a carnival with my kids and one block of trick or treating (which still yielded pounds of candy!). I think I wanted the candy more out of habit then out of a craving. Bottom line thought, "I want my 30 more than I want these milk duds!"

It occurred to me this morning, that was the first halloween of my entire life that I didn't fill my belly with sugar.

Pretty amazed and proud of that!

Archived