Start date June 1st

Heatherhms

Within 30 minutes to an hour of finishing dinner last night, I had the most intense stomach pain. At first I thought that it was simply because I overate, but it got progressively worse. My stomach was in serious cramps, my intestines felt…. full? I am not sure how to describe the feeling but it was as if there was a war being waged in my gut. This was also coupled with intense nausea. Fun times. I woke up this morning with the worst cotton mouth of my life. I feel mostly just hungover now from whatever that was, and my right shoulder/deltoid is in a lot of pain for some reason (probably from my huddled fetal position).

So Day 14 is starting off well. Against better judgement I am going to have the same meal I had last night (without the overeating) because I think I may be unable to eat raw spinach (it was the only item on my plate I haven't consumed yet this Whole30), and since I don't want to waste food - and I didn't have anything else I could do for a full template lunch), scientific experimentation at 12:00 pm today! There was also a little blood in my stool last night and this morning (first time), so I will be keeping an eye and am prepared to check in with my doctor if it persists. 

Hope everyone's day goes well!

@jiffylush Wow, great job! Hope that with a quiet, dark room you will be able to sleep better tonight. I suffer from insomnia (which has gone away sin the last month - I haven't had any caffeine since around this time last month); don't go to bed until you are ready for bedtime (no tv, don't read), try an evening ritual to wind down. Mine is I write down 1-3 things that I was happy about for the day for my gratitude jar while sipping a cup of tea. when I am down that is my transition to bedtime and I move to my bedroom.

Good luck to you and your husband when you start, @Jill Marie

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 13/06/2017 at 4:44 PM, Jane3797 said:

@Shawnni You sound great.  I'm hanging in there but am having a hard time finding any food that appeals to me.  Don't know what that's all about.  Today I plan to make the delicious silky ginger zucchini soup and Tom Kha Gai, both from that creative peer of ours, Ginsky.  I meant to do those recipes sooner but life does get in the way.  Happy for you for making it through your trip to the beach and the emotional turmoil unscathed.  You're a power of example.

Well if you're making the sikly ginger zucchini, you're in for a treat.  It's absolutely gorgeous and I've had it for 3 breakfasts in a row.  I hope you enjoyed/are enjoying it.

@Fiddi - I'm really sorry to hear about your Dad.  Sending love

@WholeCourtney you mentioned pre and post workout meals. The quantities and components are in the whole30 book and on the site, but as someone who exercises regularly I haven't used those this time or the last.  I spoke to my personal trainer who first started off the whole30 challenge and, even though he does high intensity workouts and cycles everywhere, he didn't do those mini meals.  I guess it's your call on whether you do or don't. I'll just do anything to make things simpler.  Good luck with the extra activity.

@kalsjourney Nice to have you with us and I hope you get to nosh on that pork.  I would have cooked it up regardless.

@HopingtoHeal Congrats on choosing to stay on track - and happy anniversary.

Sliding to a close on Day 14 in the UK and very pleased to be part of this forum.  Having you all here posting every day makes such a difference to my experience of this Whole30.  Halfway there!!!!

Hello and congratulations to us all for making it to the two week mark.  One day away from having the first half down!  

@kalsjourney, I'm glad it worked out and that salad  sounds and looks amazing!

I resisted a bit of temptation this morning myself.  I made pumpkin eggs (eggs, pumpkin, coconut cream, cinnamon, ginger, salt) and was so tempted to add a date to the blender but that would have been so SWYPO and I'm glad I didn't do it.  That finished off the half can of coconut cream I had in the fridge.  

I had both ground pork (half pound) and ground beef (full pound) in the fridge so I made a batch of meatballs.  I used the baking soda/cream of tartar idea from Well Fed 2 pg 88-92 but not really any specific one of their recipes.  For these, I used red curry paste, basil, lime zest, garlic, salt, pepper, fish sauce green onion, parsley.  It's probably closest to the Vietnamese style recipe given.  I tend to make up dishes based on what I have on hand rather than shopping to fulfill a specific recipe.  I got a few meals' worth from the batch.  For lunch I had them with snap peas and dump ranch and will probably have the same for dinner and that will be the end of the coconut stuff in my fridge so I'll be trying coconut-free eating for a while.  

Hi all, checking in on Day 15 here.  Today is.... Skeleton woman day.  If any of you have read Dr Pinkola-Estés maybe you know what I'm talking about.  In other words someone in my house hold is having a bad day. :(  It's hard to watch them go through it and it makes me emotional but I'm staying calm and I've planned adn packed my lunch.

Yesterday was a bit of a drama.  I ordered a salad, basic salad with dry grilled chicken, no dressing.  They gave it to me with LASHINGS of dressing.  I was devo! :(  I took it back and told them to deliver it to me (it was a short walk)  I'm glad I stuck up for myself but I was hangry when I ordered it 45 minutes later...well you could imagine. .

Anyway, a great breakfast cooked and served up by "the skeleton woman" before she showed up and supper is in the slow cooker.   Here's hoping that my emotions don't get the better of me today.  

Half way there, half way there.  

On a happy note, NSV, I tried on some pants I wouldn't dare be seen in public with them on before the W30 and now, they fit!! A little tiny bit snug but I'd really go out in public wiht them on. WOOT WOOT!! :)

On 6/12/2017 at 9:28 PM, WholeCourtney said:

Been cooking like a fiend! In addition to regular meals Ive made chicken bone broth, beef bone broth, ghee, mayo, and ranch.

Trying to branch out and try new things every week and this week was beef tongue. Super inexpensive and turns out easy to work with. Made lettuce wrap tacos and they were great. Hubby said they were better then the "authentic" ones hes had. 

I also started brewing kambucha, and none too soon as Ive had some tummy distress lately ugh.

I like to think I'm adventurous with food, but I'm afraid of trying beef tongue!  I wouldn't even know where to start. And I'm Hispanic and have been eating barbacoa and menudo all my life. I just choose not to think about what goes into them. :-). But you've got me thinking about actually buying some tongue and trying  

I feel I haven't been keeping up all that well with everyone's posts the last few days! @kalsjourney so sorry to hear about your stomach pain, what was the outcome of your experiment? Was it the raw spinach? 

Thanks to all who sent anniversary wishes! I am still basking in the pride of having avoided the chips! Haha!

@Shawnni I'm sorry you've had a not very easy day :( but great news on the NSV!!!

My Day 14 was not great, in all our celebrating on Tuesday I hadn't given a thought to food prep for yesterday and then to make matters worse I slept in! I managed to pull together scrambled eggs, avocado, tomato and satsuma for breakfast but I had nothing prepped or quickly prep-able for lunch. My colleague and I went to Whole Foods (how lucky that the only Whole Foods in Glasgow is just 2 miles away from my work!) for lunch but the hot and cold bars had very little that was Whole 30 friendly, literally all I could have was lettuce, spinach, cucumber, tomato and peppers. I found some turkey at the deli counter that was compliant but I didn't order enough so by mid afternoon I was really hungry! It didn't get any better as my husband's bus was delayed and he didn't get home from work until after 7pm at which point we realised we had run out of fresh veg for the salad to go with dinner. So out to the shops I went and we didn't manage to sit down to dinner until about 8.30pm! A good reminder, as we hit the halfway point, not to get complacent - prep and organisation is everything!

That aside there were some nice NSV moments yesterday, colleagues noting my increased energy, the looseness of my clothes and apparently I am the talk of the town - when I arrived for a meeting at the local church the lady who opened the door exclaimed "oh here's skinny minnie! I've been hearing all about you! What's this thing you're doing?" She proceeded to pat my shrunken tummy in disbelief and enquire about Whole 30 in a manner that suggested she might try it! Haha! It is insane the change in my body shape in two weeks! I had lost all confidence before, I was anxious about social situations, a couple of weddings in the past year felt so scary and I was so worried about how I looked. We have a wedding reception to go to in 8 days time and I am so excited! I can't wait to put on a dress I haven't worn in ages and party with my friends. 

36 minutes ago, HopingtoHeal said:

I feel I haven't been keeping up all that well with everyone's posts the last few days! @kalsjourney so sorry to hear about your stomach pain, what was the outcome of your experiment? Was it the raw spinach? 

Thanks to all who sent anniversary wishes! I am still basking in the pride of having avoided the chips! Haha!

@Shawnni I'm sorry you've had a not very easy day :( but great news on the NSV!!!

My Day 14 was not great, in all our celebrating on Tuesday I hadn't given a thought to food prep for yesterday and then to make matters worse I slept in! I managed to pull together scrambled eggs, avocado, tomato and satsuma for breakfast but I had nothing prepped or quickly prep-able for lunch. My colleague and I went to Whole Foods (how lucky that the only Whole Foods in Glasgow is just 2 miles away from my work!) for lunch but the hot and cold bars had very little that was Whole 30 friendly, literally all I could have was lettuce, spinach, cucumber, tomato and peppers. I found some turkey at the deli counter that was compliant but I didn't order enough so by mid afternoon I was really hungry! It didn't get any better as my husband's bus was delayed and he didn't get home from work until after 7pm at which point we realised we had run out of fresh veg for the salad to go with dinner. So out to the shops I went and we didn't manage to sit down to dinner until about 8.30pm! A good reminder, as we hit the halfway point, not to get complacent - prep and organisation is everything!

That aside there were some nice NSV moments yesterday, colleagues noting my increased energy, the looseness of my clothes and apparently I am the talk of the town - when I arrived for a meeting at the local church the lady who opened the door exclaimed "oh here's skinny minnie! I've been hearing all about you! What's this thing you're doing?" She proceeded to pat my shrunken tummy in disbelief and enquire about Whole 30 in a manner that suggested she might try it! Haha! It is insane the change in my body shape in two weeks! I had lost all confidence before, I was anxious about social situations, a couple of weddings in the past year felt so scary and I was so worried about how I looked. We have a wedding reception to go to in 8 days time and I am so excited! I can't wait to put on a dress I haven't worn in ages and party with my friends. 

Oh this is a lovely post @HopingtoHeal!!  That's wonderful about the NSV's as well! Oh and the talk of the town!  You're very inspiring! :)

I'm feeling good for the most part still trying to stave off the worry of my other half's emotions but I haven't seen him much all day and I don't think I will until morning so nothing really to worry about.  

Today was good in the eating department.  I cooked a beef roast in the slwo cooker with clery and carrots and seasoned with salt, pepper and bay leaves and it was LUSH!  I had a small kiwi fruit with supper.  I'm feeling still tired but  for the most energetic.

On ‎6‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 6:00 PM, kalsjourney said:
I just got home from work and there was no delicious aroma to greet me. The crockpot is cold to the touch. I look at the outlet and I forgot to plug the fking thing in! 

I am so mad right now. I have other prepped meal that I can have for dinner so that isn’t the issue, but this was a pork roast! It was expensive! Not to mention the veggies and other items. Last night I went through the effort to prep my dinner for today (and 3 extra meals). I put it in the fridge last night lovingly, and this morning I added the broth and turned the crockpot onto low. and I didn't plug it in. 

I assume that I have to throw all this away since it sat out on my counter for 9 hours, right? angry grumbling in the distance 

I am so sorry about your pork roast.  I think almost everyone has done such a thing - not plugging it in or not turning it on.  Unfortunately, you should throw it all away.  Don't even think about keeping it.  Just think of it as a lesson learned.

Today is the half way point.  I am definitely noticing some body changes.  I did dream that I popped and chewed an M&M then realized what I was doing and had to run and spit it into a paper towel.  I guess I'm still craving sweets in my sleep.  This weekend I am hosting my husband's 65th birthday party.  I plan on making a cake for him that I can't touch or lick the batter.  That's going to be a tough one, but I know I can do it.

@HopingtoHeal I wound up not doing my experiment - by the time lunch came around the thought of feeling like I did the previous night to confirm what I pretty much already knew seemed like a moronic endeavor, so I went to Trader Joe's and grabbed some items to make a salad (cruciferous bunch, tomatoes, hardboiled eggs, compliant sausage, and the sweet mini peppers). All day yesterday I felt bloated and kind of hungover... and I think it was how I generally used to feel! Since I haven't eaten spinach in years, it is obvious that something I've eliminated during Whole30 makes my body unhappy... amazing how you don't even realize your normal is crappy! 

What wonderful NSVs!  And I don't remember Whole Foods in Glasgow when I was last there, hahaha! (I love Scotland so much - I spent 6 weeks there in the summer of 2013!)

@Lizzard I did wind up throwing it away because when I looked at the meat yesterday morning it was browning. Womp womp. :(  Good luck with the cake batter, I know you can do it!

As for me, yesterday was kind of crappy. I ate really well but was bitter about it, I realized I don't think that I like kale uncooked so the cruciferous crunch wasn't as enjoyable as the salad I had prepared but would have made me sick again. Last night I made Mel Joulawan's Sweet Potato and Bacon recipe... and I took the effort to make the Ras El Hanout and MY GOD THAT SPICE BLEND IS AMAZING!  The soup was SO GOOD - I added some shredded chicken from when I cooked the whole chicken the other day and topped it with half an avocado. Yum yum yum. I am feeling better today (and no blood in my stool so I think it was the spinach!), but I have either a head cold or some gnarly allergies going on right now. Ugh.

I really need to stop looking at recipes though. I keep going shopping for pantry items I need to make things when I don't really need to restock. I am spending a good amount of money (no food waste yet though, which is good!) and I know that eventually things will drop off now that I think I have all the main pantry items (got Red Boat fish sauce and red wine vinegar yesterday -- it was SO HARD to find one that doesn't have added sulfites!).

1 hour ago, Lizzard said:

Today is the half way point.  I am definitely noticing some body changes.  I did dream that I popped and chewed an M&M then realized what I was doing and had to run and spit it into a paper towel.  I guess I'm still craving sweets in my sleep.  This weekend I am hosting my husband's 65th birthday party.  I plan on making a cake for him that I can't touch or lick the batter.  That's going to be a tough one, but I know I can do it.

I just finished baking millionaires shortbread and gluten-free brownies for a church event tonight. I had signed up to bake for it a couple of months ago, long before I decided to to Whole 30. Honestly, it wasn't so bad! I found I was being more mindful while baking, to make sure that I didn't lick any spoons purely out of habit! I got a bit of melted chocolate on my hand at one point and stopped everything to wash it off because I knew my gut reaction would be to just lick it off! Haha! From both recipes together there are only 2 ingredients that are compliant - this and the amazing difference I feel in my wellbeing have made me realise how mindlessly I was eating stuff that was hurting my body. I am not saying I will never have cake again but now I definitely think I will be more careful to keep it only for special celebrations! You can do this! I made sure I ate my lunch before starting so I was full while baking too, not being hungry definitely helped!!!

4 hours ago, Shawnni said:

Oh this is a lovely post @HopingtoHeal!!  That's wonderful about the NSV's as well! Oh and the talk of the town!  You're very inspiring! :)

I'm feeling good for the most part still trying to stave off the worry of my other half's emotions but I haven't seen him much all day and I don't think I will until morning so nothing really to worry about.  

Today was good in the eating department.  I cooked a beef roast in the slwo cooker with clery and carrots and seasoned with salt, pepper and bay leaves and it was LUSH!  I had a small kiwi fruit with supper.  I'm feeling still tired but  for the most energetic.

Aw thanks Shawnni! Haha! I know! I mean of course I'm exaggerating but it's cool to know that the difference is so obvious that people feel the need to remark on it even when I am not there! 

I'm glad you've made it through the day unscathed. Hope tomorrow is a better day for your other half :) 

Love using the slow cooker for roasting meat! Your beef sounds delicious!

45 minutes ago, kalsjourney said:

@HopingtoHeal I wound up not doing my experiment - by the time lunch came around the thought of feeling like I did the previous night to confirm what I pretty much already knew seemed like a moronic endeavor, so I went to Trader Joe's and grabbed some items to make a salad (cruciferous bunch, tomatoes, hardboiled eggs, compliant sausage, and the sweet mini peppers). All day yesterday I felt bloated and kind of hungover... and I think it was how I generally used to feel! Since I haven't eaten spinach in years, it is obvious that something I've eliminated during Whole30 makes my body unhappy... amazing how you don't even realize your normal is crappy! 

What wonderful NSVs!  And I don't remember Whole Foods in Glasgow when I was last there, hahaha! (I love Scotland so much - I spent 6 weeks there in the summer of 2013!)

Sounds wise! It seems that myst definitely be the cause. I know exactly what you mean about normal being crappy. I have lived so many years just always below par that I didn't know what it could feel like any other way. Cutting stuff out and getting energy back, losing chronic pain and inflammation and generally looking so much better I can't imagine going back. I know I will have off days but on the whole I think I understand what eating the wrong things is doing to my body and I'm not prepared to keep hurting it anymore.

It's in the southside, which is where I work/live/grew up, so I am very lucky. It may well be the only one in Scotland. It is so random that we have one but I am so thankful for it! What were you doing in Scotland? Just travelling? I must admit, I know I am biased, but I love it too! My passport ran out about 3 years ago and I haven't got around to renewing it because there is so much beauty here to explore!

5 hours ago, HopingtoHeal said:

Sounds wise! It seems that myst definitely be the cause. I know exactly what you mean about normal being crappy. I have lived so many years just always below par that I didn't know what it could feel like any other way. Cutting stuff out and getting energy back, losing chronic pain and inflammation and generally looking so much better I can't imagine going back. I know I will have off days but on the whole I think I understand what eating the wrong things is doing to my body and I'm not prepared to keep hurting it anymore.

It's in the southside, which is where I work/live/grew up, so I am very lucky. It may well be the only one in Scotland. It is so random that we have one but I am so thankful for it! What were you doing in Scotland? Just travelling? I must admit, I know I am biased, but I love it too! My passport ran out about 3 years ago and I haven't got around to renewing it because there is so much beauty here to explore!

It is truly amazing, I always just assumed my blah feelings were relating to my depression but I am now seeing that a lot of it ties into the fuel I am giving my body. I read ISWF and did a lot of research before beginning so I knew these things were going to come up, but I was surprised to experience this just under midway due to something unrelated to the exclusions!  Feeling that definitely is motivating to stay the course - my friend with Celiac said that what I felt was similar to how he feels after gluten... yikes. 

How interesting! I didn't know Whole Foods was international but that is really cool.  And yea, travel. I spent a good few weeks in Edinburgh and Glasgow, and a bit of time in Comrie before going up to Mallaig and Skye for a couple of days.  I really want to go back and hike the Highland Way some day, that is one of my top goals in life. And yea there is so much to do there I wouldn't want to leave, or need to!

@Lizzard Oooh thanks so much for the tip, I will have to try that out!

In other news, I accidentally stumbled upon a Groupon for a one-month unlimited membership at the local rock climbing gym. I am abyssmally out of shape, haven't climbed in years, but I am so tempted to do it!  $69 is a great deal (and it includes the equipment rentals); and the gym has some gym-stuff too: weights, few cardio machines, yoga and pilates classes. 

I really miss running but I know I cannot do that right now, and I think this will be a good fit for me right now with the same kind of appeal: easily gauged improvement. Plus it can be social if I want it to be, I spoke with an employee on the phone and they have a "great community" and they even have weekly BBQ potlucks for members. I have been in a rut and isolating myself, and living in a college town my friends from university are all gone, and now there is a decent age gap. Ugh. Do I go for it?

59 minutes ago, kalsjourney said:

It is truly amazing, I always just assumed my blah feelings were relating to my depression but I am now seeing that a lot of it ties into the fuel I am giving my body. I read ISWF and did a lot of research before beginning so I knew these things were going to come up, but I was surprised to experience this just under midway due to something unrelated to the exclusions!  Feeling that definitely is motivating to stay the course - my friend with Celiac said that what I felt was similar to how he feels after gluten... yikes. 

How interesting! I didn't know Whole Foods was international but that is really cool.  And yea, travel. I spent a good few weeks in Edinburgh and Glasgow, and a bit of time in Comrie before going up to Mallaig and Skye for a couple of days.  I really want to go back and hike the Highland Way some day, that is one of my top goals in life. And yea there is so much to do there I wouldn't want to leave, or need to!

Comrie is stunning! I haven't made it to Mallaig or Skye yet, next on the list I think. We just love the Isle of Arran too much and keep going back! I am so glad you loved it here so much!

Also, you mentioned whether or not to join the gym, I joined my gym in February and I haven't once regretted it. I can feel my fitness and endurance improving and my flexibility is getting better too. I think the combination of Whole 30 and gym classes has been a total winner for me! I could hardly stand up straight when I joined the gym and even the treadmill threw my back out. But starting slow on the crosstrainer and working up I am now doing Metafit and Body Attack, I can stand straight, I only have occasional twinges in my back now and I can bend over and touch the floor - so worth it! Start slow and steady, you'll be amazed where it will lead!

17 minutes ago, HopingtoHeal said:

Comrie is stunning! I haven't made it to Mallaig or Skye yet, next on the list I think. We just love the Isle of Arran too much and keep going back! I am so glad you loved it here so much!

Also, you mentioned whether or not to join the gym, I joined my gym in February and I haven't once regretted it. I can feel my fitness and endurance improving and my flexibility is getting better too. I think the combination of Whole 30 and gym classes has been a total winner for me! I could hardly stand up straight when I joined the gym and even the treadmill threw my back out. But starting slow on the crosstrainer and working up I am now doing Metafit and Body Attack, I can stand straight, I only have occasional twinges in my back now and I can bend over and touch the floor - so worth it! Start slow and steady, you'll be amazed where it will lead!

adored Comrie! I have an internet friend who's parents live there, and we stayed with them during Comrie Fortnight for a bit before adventuring. Skye is so pretty, and I adored Mallaig. I had the best burger of my life there. 

Well, I decided it was work pulling some money out of savings because I was really excited about it. I just have to go now and be kind with myself. I shall pack a gym bag tonight to bring with me to work tomorrow with the aim of going after work tomorrow. Also that is awesome about your gym progress!

16 hours ago, HopingtoHeal said:

How wonderful that you are having such a great experience in noticing changes to your liking!  If you're going to be the talk of the town, looking fabulous is near the top of the good reasons list. Congratulations.

On 6/14/2017 at 7:11 PM, Shawnni said:

Hi all, checking in on Day 15 here.  Today is.... Skeleton woman day.  If any of you have read Dr Pinkola-Estés maybe you know what I'm talking about.  In other words someone in my house hold is having a bad day. :(  It's hard to watch them go through it and it makes me emotional but I'm staying calm and I've planned adn packed my lunch.

Yesterday was a bit of a drama.  I ordered a salad, basic salad with dry grilled chicken, no dressing.  They gave it to me with LASHINGS of dressing.  I was devo! :(  I took it back and told them to deliver it to me (it was a short walk)  I'm glad I stuck up for myself but I was hangry when I ordered it 45 minutes later...well you could imagine. .

Anyway, a great breakfast cooked and served up by "the skeleton woman" before she showed up and supper is in the slow cooker.   Here's hoping that my emotions don't get the better of me today.  

Half way there, half way there.  

On a happy note, NSV, I tried on some pants I wouldn't dare be seen in public with them on before the W30 and now, they fit!! A little tiny bit snug but I'd really go out in public wiht them on. WOOT WOOT!! :)

Congratulations on your pants victory!  

12 hours ago, Lizzard said:

Whoo hoo!  We're halfway there!  (Whooaa... livin' on a prayer...)  ( couldn't resist)  Those dreams are such rascals! I've woken up in a panic from them in other Whole30's.  I haven't had much of them this one yet but I did almost get up to go pour myself a drink when someone in a movie I was watching ordered one.  It just sounded like the perfect thing to do.  Glad I snapped back into reality before even moving.  

Best of luck with your baking and happy birthday to your husband!  

6 hours ago, kalsjourney said:

In other news, I accidentally stumbled upon a Groupon for a one-month unlimited membership at the local rock climbing gym. I am abyssmally out of shape, haven't climbed in years, but I am so tempted to do it!  $69 is a great deal (and it includes the equipment rentals); and the gym has some gym-stuff too: weights, few cardio machines, yoga and pilates classes. 

Sounds like a great find for the rock climbing!  I'm all about, "do."    I'm glad you are learning more about your body's reactions to food.  I think the emotional reactions are so amazing and it's extremely empowering to have figured it our for yourself.    

Today was a fridge raiding day to more or less make sure nothing is being overlooked and therefore getting wasted.  It was also a soup/broth making day.  One pot chicken and one pot beef just like before.  

I had more meatballs this morning with cucumber salad for breakfast.

For lunch I had some leftover turkey and spaghetti squash and black olives.

For dinner I made some chicken legs that didn't get thrown into the pot of chicken soup I just made.  I had put the chicken into a brine, salt, water, lime juice, pepper, garlic clove, ginger slices. bay leaf then seasoned it with cinnamon, salt, garlic.  I had sliced zucchini oiled and seasoned and was just stepping outside to turn on the grill when unforecasted rain suddenly rolled in and made it clear it was staying.  So all that went into the oven instead.  I had some artichoke with mayo as that was in the oven.  

I'm too tired to be up this late, good night all and congratulations on making it through our first half.  

23 hours ago, Fiddi said:

I like to think I'm adventurous with food, but I'm afraid of trying beef tongue!  I wouldn't even know where to start. And I'm Hispanic and have been eating barbacoa and menudo all my life. I just choose not to think about what goes into them. :-). But you've got me thinking about actually buying some tongue and trying  

Do it! I was nervous as well but it was so stinking easy. Put it in the crock pot on low for 8 hours with some chopped onions, garlic, a bay leaf and covered with water. Then took it out (discard the rest) let it cool for a few minutes and peel the outer skin off. Then I chopped it up and tossed it in the skillet with some butter and seasoned it like I would taco meat. It got a nice crust and was finger licking good.

I am not sure what about today was different, but I was ravenous at around 2:30pm today, two hours after lunch. I had an emergency Chomp stick to tide me over, but by the time I got home I was a bottomless pit. Again. And after I was full I continued shoving food in my mouth. Awesome. This is the fourth? time in 15 days that this has happened during my whole30 (I have issues with binge eating at night when alone). I didn't really notice anything today about cues, but my brain was just consumed with the idea of food and I just kept eating. :/

I am nearing the end of my grocery run. Just made a basil coconut curry with the remainder of my chicken and put a spaghetti squash in the oven - figure that will be two meals right there. I have some kale, a few carrots, some tomatoes, and a head of cauliflower to use up and then I can meal plan for next week and go shopping! 

@kalsjourney One of my worst eating habits was my late night binge eating. I still struggle to not eat after dinner. Even if Im not hungry or craving food I think about eating and get anxious that I'll get a craving I wont be able to control and I will eat all the food. It really is hard work untangling ourselves from our bad habits.

I can't believe that we are officially half way through!!

Ive added some more workout routines to my schedule and attended my first yoga class tonight. While I feel great I'm so jealous of those of you who have noticeable weight loss. I knew significant weight loss was unlikely as I found out my thyroid meds needed to be increased right before we started and I may not be taking the correct dose. I cant get to down though I know weight loss is only one of the measures of success :)

Archived