Sugar/Sweetener

Hi!  I am in the final hours of  Day 30--WhooHoo!!!  I've appreciated this forum so much and it's been so helpful on this journey.  As I begin reintroduction tomorrow, I have a question about a not-healthy food--sugar.  Let's say I wanted sweeten a tea, coffee etc as a special treat, knowing the possible consequences--after reintroduction.  What would be the" best" of the not healthy options?  White sugar, raw sugar, artificial sweetener, honey, raw honey?  I already know I'm never using artificial sweeter ever again--that was a major problem for me.  I've read ISWF section on sugar and while I realize sugar is not something that makes me healthier, I realize in the real world, it might be something I will want to enjoy sparingly and I'd like to use the least bad option.  Thanks for any input.  

• Moderators

Whole30 doesn't have any official guidelines on this. Personally, I would say go with whatever seems the best option for your circumstance. If you like an occasional hot tea with honey, have that, or if your particular thing is having a sweet iced tea made with regular sugar, have that. None of the sweeteners are so much better than the others that it's going to make a huge difference which one you pick, especially if you're having a teaspoon or two here or there. If you have something that leaves you craving more sweets, pay attention to that, and think about whether that's a thing you really want to have often going forward.

Archived