Fat % Scale

So, I am on day 31. I was thinking about continuing for 30 more days, but I figured I'd weigh myself today. So I stepped on my scale - yep - as I thought, given how my clothes feel, I had lost 10#! Nice. But then the scale indicated that my body is 60% fat!! What the?! Is that even possible?! 

Just wanted to know if anyone knows about this or has any suggestions.... 

I'm going to guess you're over 40 here as those home scales raise your BFP according to age before you even step on the scale. Try setting it so as you're 25 & see how much body fat you miraculously lose in seconds, which will show you just how unreliable they are!

The best way of measuring your BFP is with a set of calipers, but you need to know exactly where to measure, then measure three times & take the average. It's a faff. Trust me.

Go with your gut. How do your clothes feel? If you want to see progress in numbers take measurements of your chest, waist, hips, thigh & bicep, and then reassess in 4-6wks.

Thank you! That did kinda freak me out. I am over 40 - almost 50 but maybe I have my scale set at 45? When I bought it! I also am just starting my cycle which is likely affecting the scale reading as well. Anyway, I have never seen it register fat % that high, so I thought I'd ask. 

And I do feel much better. Fitting in my clothes better. Not craving sugar and dessert. Don't really want bread or any of the things I was eating regularly before I started. I do wish my stools weren't so loose every day. But that is the only thing negative I have to report. 

4 hours ago, Elisabeth Morris said:

I do wish my stools weren't so loose every day

This is most likely related to something you're eating that your body is struggling to process. If you'd like us to take a closer look please feel free to list out a few days worth of food and we can see if anything jumps out...

Archived