Today is the first day of the rest of my life

jables93

Hello!!

My name is Jil and I am on day 1 of my whole 30!! I am so excited to begin this journey to a happier, healthier lifestyle. I have been contemplating starting for months until this weekend. My life has been spiraling out of control for the past year. I started the year off with a car accident, which left me on bedrest for nearly a month. Between the lack of exercise, and coming off of 2 different medications, my body has been a disaster. Mentally, I have found happiness and stability. My body at this point, reflect how I feel on the inside. Yesterday was my breaking point. I am a nanny of 4 and the youngest (4 years old) asked if I was pregnant because my belly was fat. I am 100% an advocate for self love, and loving the body you're in, but at 23, I am not setting myself up for a successful and healthy future. I am looking forward to practicing self control (something I was never exposed to as a child or adolescent) and moving forward with my life.

I look forward to sharing this experience with y'all, this seems like an incredible community to be a part of!

@jables93 I know it's just your Day 1, but I think you should feel proud of yourself. I think there are so many people who say they want to make a change in their eating habits, and as much as they talk and talk about it – it never happens. So I already think you're off to a fantastic start. My best advice is to take the Whole 30 one day at a time. Last year in October, I completed two weeks of the program before cutting it short unexpectedly. The first few days are the hardest, but before you know it... you've found your groove. Just remember why you started the Whole 30 and keep moving forward, bite by bite.

Archived