Beginner Whole 30 Meal Prep

I'm getting ready for my first Whole 30 in June. I've read a few chapters of the original Whole 30 book and highlighted important things to remember. Currently, I'm working on putting together a menu for my first week. For whatever reason, I find meal planning really hard. Does anyone have any tips to make it less overwhelming?

I hate meal planning and I did not plan any meals on Whole30. What I did do was stock up on proteins and veggies (whatever was available/on sale) and do the mix and match method. I did always make sure I had a supply of homemade mayo and ghee, and that I had a frittata or hard boiled eggs cooked. I also would cook a package of compliant turkey bacon (more a meat than a bacon) or compliant hot dogs as a quick breakfast/protein addition. Whenever I grilled or baked or roasted something I made extra. During the week, I just mixed and matched depending on my mood. 

@ArtFossil I'm more of a wing it kind of person when it comes to planning meals. I always think that I can come up with some kind of idea on the moment for dinner, but in all honesty – that doesn't work for me. I often become frustrated that I can think of something good to eat. However, I do like your suggestion of mix and match. As long as I have various proteins ready to go in addition to veggies ready to add in for my meals, it should be just fine. I'm looking to add a few pre-cooked complaint protein options such as Aidell's chicken apple sausage to have on hand. I really appreciate your advice!

1 minute ago, cristinamt said:

@ArtFossil I'm more of a wing it kind of person when it comes to planning meals. I always think that I can come up with some kind of idea on the moment for dinner, but in all honesty – that doesn't work for me. I often become frustrated that I can think of something good to eat. However, I do like your suggestion of mix and match. As long as I have various proteins ready to go in addition to veggies ready to add in for my meals, it should be just fine. I'm looking to add a few pre-cooked complaint protein options such as Aidell's chicken apple sausage to have on hand. I really appreciate your advice!

The Adells was also something I kept in the freezer. I like to grill and found that the Primal Palate spice mixtures really great for meats, fish and poultry. Mayo can become dump ranch dressing or tarter sauce or used on deviled eggs--you get the idea. 

Archived