Nut-Free Emergency Food

I need some advice, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who has been here before. I work in an elementary school and we have a strict nut-free policy. Due to my schedule, I tend to go a couple of hours (let's say it's 4-5 hours sometimes) until my next meal. But sometimes, I need a little something to hold me over. I find a good serving of fat plus protein to keep me going until I have time to eat. I'd love to use a RXBar – but I can't use those since they go against our food policy. What nut-free fats can I use that keep me satisfied?

• Moderators

Hard boiled egg?  That has the protein and some fat worked right in.  To be honest, if you're composing your meals according to the template, you should eventually be able to make it 4-5 hours between mealtimes.  

The bars (rx, lara etc) are only approved for emergency use.  Knowing you're going to need a snack in the first few days until your meals are dialed in is not an emergency.  Hardboiled eggs, mayo, olives, a little tupperware of a bit of protein salad... and every day that you need to eat this snack, make note of what your meals were that day and the day before and continue to increase them until you can go the 4-5 hours.

Archived