It's been 4 days and.....

JenniferK

My shorts are already looser! I know that seems drastic in only 4 days but when I eat breads and pastas, I retain water. I let this become my new norm over the last two years so by completely eliminating them, my body is already thanking me!

i know it's only been 4 days but here are my first thoughts, I am sure some of you other beginners can relate:

so many dishes to clean! I love to cook but good grief so many pots and pans!

i love a big breakfast and I am a creature of habit so scrambled eggs and tomato slices and bacon and half an avocado and a few slices of fruit...... I could never get sick of this! 

Black coffee. Seriously.so.gross. I am basically swilling a good iced coffee just to make sure I don't get caffeine headaches but I am going straight back to my latte on day 31. No regrets. Not even sorry. 

Tired easily. Distance runner here and I completely bonked yesterday. Came to the forums and discovered this was normal so I didn't beat myself up over it and will just trust the process. Mowed half my yard today before I got tired! It's cool, it's normalfor Whole30, it's actually kind of nice to have a good reason to take it easy! :) 

Sugar free spaghetti sauce is a thing but it turns out it's really acidic and caused horrid heartburn. You know what is made up of loads of sugar?! Antiacids!!! No fair!!! Got some Tagamet to keep on hand for next time. 

Feeling confident so far, but that may be the shots of cold coffee talking. 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, JenniferK said:

My shorts are already looser! I know that seems drastic in only 4 days but when I eat breads and pastas, I retain water. I let this become my new norm over the last two years so by completely eliminating them, my body is already thanking me!

i know it's only been 4 days but here are my first thoughts, I am sure some of you other beginners can relate:

so many dishes to clean! I love to cook but good grief so many pots and pans!

i love a big breakfast and I am a creature of habit so scrambled eggs and tomato slices and bacon and half an avocado and a few slices of fruit...... I could never get sick of this! 

Black coffee. Seriously.so.gross. I am basically swilling a good iced coffee just to make sure I don't get caffeine headaches but I am going straight back to my latte on day 31. No regrets. Not even sorry. 

Tired easily. Distance runner here and I completely bonked yesterday. Came to the forums and discovered this was normal so I didn't beat myself up over it and will just trust the process. Mowed half my yard today before I got tired! It's cool, it's normalfor Whole30, it's actually kind of nice to have a good reason to take it easy! :) 

Sugar free spaghetti sauce is a thing but it turns out it's really acidic and caused horrid heartburn. You know what is made up of loads of sugar?! Antiacids!!! No fair!!! Got some Tagamet to keep on hand for next time. 

Feeling confident so far, but that may be the shots of cold coffee talking. 

Hey there!

You're not required to drink black coffee... try a nice coffee creamer like Nutpods or one of the compliant Califia brands of creamer... or even canned coconut milk or almond milk... 

You may also want to try other brands of sauce... or use plain canned diced/crushed tomato and add your own spices... 

Sadly, I don't like coconut and because I have a good palate (pure genetics) I can smell and taste it in ANYTHING. It's actually what kept me away from paleo or Whole30 for so long. I even did give it a try yesterday - one of those pods mixed with almond milk- and it did not go well! I haven't found an almond milk that was compliant yet but I will keep looking. It's cool, I can "suffer" for a few more days.... weeks.... ;) 

I make my own marinara sauce but I usually add a good hefty dose of wine! Some for the sauce, some for the chef.... Making it with only tomatoes and onions and garlic and herbs was just a wee bit too much for me last night. I added in some eggplant because to me, eggplant tastes really sweet. But I forgot how much cooked tomatoes like that can sometimes bother me. I'll keep experimenting....

it is INSANE how much it takes to stay away from sugar! Glad I am, though.

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎5‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 1:18 PM, JenniferK said:

Sadly, I don't like coconut and because I have a good palate (pure genetics) I can smell and taste it in ANYTHING. It's actually what kept me away from paleo or Whole30 for so long. I even did give it a try yesterday - one of those pods mixed with almond milk- and it did not go well! I haven't found an almond milk that was compliant yet but I will keep looking. It's cool, I can "suffer" for a few more days.... weeks.... ;) 

I make my own marinara sauce but I usually add a good hefty dose of wine! Some for the sauce, some for the chef.... Making it with only tomatoes and onions and garlic and herbs was just a wee bit too much for me last night. I added in some eggplant because to me, eggplant tastes really sweet. But I forgot how much cooked tomatoes like that can sometimes bother me. I'll keep experimenting....

it is INSANE how much it takes to stay away from sugar! Glad I am, though.

Try making almond milk yourself - so easy! Here's what I do:

Soak 1 cup of almonds in about 2 cups of water for 48 hours.

Drain the water, and put almonds in blender with 2 cups of new water

Blend on high for 2 minutes with a little sprinkle of salt (and actually blend for the full time, that's what makes it so creamy!)

Strain through cheesecloth or a nut milk bag, and add to your coffee.

Using this method makes the almond milk suuuuper creamy and delicious :) 

Archived