Restaurant Nov.29

Renee

Hey guys!

I've started my Whole30 today but I know I will eat at a restaurant Nov.29 (Christmas dinner with coworkers). I don't think we will be able to chose from the menu, as we'll be a large group, so that's what we will be able to eat:

- Soup bar

- Salad bar

- Chicken breast with sauce (either: mushroom, vegetable or mango+goat cheese[obv this one is out] sauce)

- 3 choices of fondue

- Salmon with sesame seeds

- Coffee, tea, desserts

What do you think? Can it be safe or should I cancel my presence? Any bad ingredients hidden (I'm thinking probably canola oil, gluten/wheat/grains, dairy, sugar, soy...)

Hey guys!

I've started my Whole30 today but I know I will eat at a restaurant Nov.29 (Christmas dinner with coworkers). I don't think we will be able to chose from the menu, as we'll be a large group, so that's what we will be able to eat:

- Soup bar

- Salad bar

- Chicken breast with sauce (either: mushroom, vegetable or mango+goat cheese[obv this one is out] sauce)

- 3 choices of fondue

- Salmon with sesame seeds

- Coffee, tea, desserts

What do you think? Can it be safe or should I cancel my presence? Any bad ingredients hidden (I'm thinking probably canola oil, gluten/wheat/grains, dairy, sugar, soy...)

That menu has non compliance written all over it except the salad bar. You could call the restaurant ahead of time and tell them you have allergies and you really need to have Chicken or Salmon with ZERO additions to it and steamed veggies and help yourself to the salad bar. Then sneak in some coconut aminos to flavor the veggies and your own salad dressing or request olive oil and vinegar or lemon. It all depends on how comfortable with your coworkers and doing such things, but I would do it in a heartbeat.

Archived