Reintroduction on a Tight Schedule

I'm on day 24 of my Whole30 and have started planning out my reintroduction schedule. If I stick to the standard reintroduction schedule, I'll be making the final reintroduction the day before I leave on a 6-day work trip. Given this situation, would it make more sense to start with things that will likely be readily available during this trip? For example, there are usually a few sandwich lunches provided that include pasta salad, chips and fruit, but very few veggies. If I'm sensitive to dairy or gluten, I should be able to wander off and find food on my own (and deli meat + fruit doesn't sound all that appealing or filling). I'd imagine that I'd have an easier time avoiding legumes (although soybean oil could be an issue) and non-gluten grain such as rice, so if I'm not able to do a good reintroduction of one or the other, it shouldn't be an issue on my trip. 

Another thing I've been curious about: If, after my trip, I decide I want to try to be more accurate in pinpointing sensitivities, can I go back to whole30 eating for several days and then try introducing a specific dairy product or a specific grain? Or would I have to do another Whole30 and the subsequent reintroductions? 

• Administrators
1 hour ago, NoneOtherThanAmy said:

I'm on day 24 of my Whole30 and have started planning out my reintroduction schedule. If I stick to the standard reintroduction schedule, I'll be making the final reintroduction the day before I leave on a 6-day work trip. Given this situation, would it make more sense to start with things that will likely be readily available during this trip? 

Another thing I've been curious about: If, after my trip, I decide I want to try to be more accurate in pinpointing sensitivities, can I go back to whole30 eating for several days and then try introducing a specific dairy product or a specific grain? Or would I have to do another Whole30 and the subsequent reintroductions? 

It makes the most sense to reintro the things you think you're going to want to eat. Given your shortened timeline for reintro, you can also use previous history to help inform your decisions. What I mean is, if you kind of already knew that dairy makes your skin crazy or that legumes make you crazy bloated, you could probably skip the reintro on those and do things you aren't aware of.

If you do want to go back and do more specific reintros, you would want to go back onto Whole30 until you are feeling as good as you were previously and then start reintros again.

Archived