Buttery Olive Oil

starre

Some peeps have mentioned that olive oils can be a strong taste for mayo and I agree. If you find a spring harvest pressing it will usually have a light buttery taste. I found one years ago at a farmers market in San Fran. Sciabicas in Modesto, CA has a really yummy oil called Mission Spring Harvest. And they ship!! They also have some delish flavored olive oils everything from basil to orange. And vinegars too. I have tried many of the products and enjoyed them all. I did order a fig balsamic from them once and it had sugar. When I contacted them and told them I couldn't use because of the sugar they responded instantly, they gave me a store credit and changed the web site to include the sugar info.

Hope this helps some people and I'd love to hear back if you try anything.

Happy Healthy Eating

• 2 weeks later...

I found this place in Reading Terminal Market in Philadelphia. They also ship and I love all their products. Their butter-flavored Olive Oil is delicious, as well as their many infused varieties. I'm also very fond of their balsamics. I called and asked-- there's no added sugar in any of their flavors (though it's actual maple syrup and honey in those flavors, so I suppose that's out if you're on your Whole 30). All their fruit-infused vinegars are fantastic, though. I especially love the cinnamon pear, the fig, and the espresso.

http://www.thetubbyolive.com/

• 1 month later...

I've tried all kinds of olive oil in the quest for good mayo, and have finally decided I'm happier getting the really good stuff from California and just drizzling it over whatever I'm eating. The flavors of a good, mild olive oil can be amazing. Shop somewhere like theolivepress.com or lucerooliveoil.com and try an oil made from Arbequina, Ascolano, or Mission olives.

Archived