My first Whole 30 - looking for friends!

tinynarwhal

So this is my first Whole 30 and I'm very nervous and excited. My husband and I have gone down a dark path of frozen food, alcohol, and sugar addiction... A few days ago we started eating Paleo and now today is the first day of our Whole 30. I'm scared of the withdrawal symptoms from crappy food but looking forward to feeling better... any tips to get through? 

I'm at the beginning too but I got past that one really bad headache/groggy Day that hit about Day 3. 

If I could offer any tip, it would be to just push through it. The first few days might be tough but it doesn't take long to get easier. I have found that I feel much fuller when I include avocado or boiled eggs in my breakfast or lunch. The fuller I feel the less I feel remotely tempted.

you'll get through the withdrawals- look at how many people have done it and know that if this many people can do it, so can we! 

So how bad is it to just eat Whole30 compliant *all* day? Obviously that won't work. I'm trying to get myself to sit down, calm down, and slowly eat three meals a day.  

• Moderators
20 hours ago, HiD said:

So how bad is it to just eat Whole30 compliant *all* day? Obviously that won't work. I'm trying to get myself to sit down, calm down, and slowly eat three meals a day.  

It's not 'bad' persay... we don't assign value to food choices, however you won't get the best out of the fat adpatation, food freedom and hormone regulation by grazing all day.  Keep working towards those three meals a day that keep you satisfied for 4-5 hours :)

We hit a few roadblocks at the start but now are on day 5! I'm sleeping better, feeling just an overall sense of well being, its easier to wake up in the morning, clothes are fitting better, and I just feel relaxed. Its not always easy - almost threw a tantrum over not having popcorn for a movie - but we are doing it! I can tell my body is so happy. We are trying to take food prep a few days at a time and have found some great recipes online... I even stayed strong at a huge public event complete with every kind of food truck imaginable and found something I could eat! So excited for the next 25 days and beyond <3

Hi - Im new too! Enjoying it so far. Spending a lot of time in the kitchen and paying attention which is a big shift.

I'm blessed with good health and generally eat real food/good food, so haven't felt the need to introduce any kind of discipline into my diet until now at age 50. Had a weird joint thing a while back, started thinking in terms of anti-inflammation and figured going through a loaf of GF bread a week wasn't the best, so now I'm here, W30 day 4. Woohoo! Still looking for my sleep-wake-cook-eat rhythm (i used to just eat when the hunger struck, which meant missing a lot of meals because hunger didn't alway coincide with having a meal ready) but the ingredient restrictions and options I'm finding actually quite delightful. Yesterday made tahini dressing (tahini, lemon juice, water, olive oil, garlic powder) in my immersion blender and had that on lightly steamed veggies. I feel good, no aches and pains, and my skin looks a little rosier. Coincidence? I'm guessing, not. Am i oversharing? I'm excited by the changes!

Thanks for the community, best of luck to you and all of us in the JUNE cycle and welcome!!

Love hearing all of this. i heart my body- that tahini dressing sounds great. I'm preparing myself for the road bumps- already changed a boozy brunch with friends to a stop in and say hi- and it didn't even seem hard. Weird that it feels so easy- surely the cravings are about to hit. 

26 minutes ago, emilybrown31 said:

Love hearing all of this. i heart my body- that tahini dressing sounds great. I'm preparing myself for the road bumps- already changed a boozy brunch with friends to a stop in and say hi- and it didn't even seem hard. Weird that it feels so easy- surely the cravings are about to hit. 

hi emily newbie - good for you re: skipping the booze part of the boozy brunch - i haven't encountered that challenge yet but it certainly may come up, so thanks for the encouragement. so far not  "hard" for me either. never thought i'd enjoy a diet, but.... glad about it. be well - 

• Moderators
2 hours ago, i heart my body said:

hi emily newbie - good for you re: skipping the booze part of the boozy brunch - i haven't encountered that challenge yet but it certainly may come up, so thanks for the encouragement. so far not  "hard" for me either. never thought i'd enjoy a diet, but.... glad about it. be well - 

Aha!  That's because it's not a diet ;)  Just people eating real food, no processed crap and feeling amazing... no wonder you're enjoying it :)

Archived