whole 30....4th, or 5th ??

Tina Marie

I am back !   My first official w30 was Aug of 2014.  I did some others, but for the most part I was living almost 90% whole 30.     I had lost 40 lbs in total, and most importantly the pain from my plantar fasciitis disappeared, the acid reflux I had went away, the swelling in my legs.. gone as well.  Totally went off all pain meds, Tylenol and ibuprofen included.

now almost 3 yrs later, I have decided to do another whole 30 and get back on track.  I never went back to beans, pasta, breads, most dairy,  rice is very limited. Even though gluten free, my stomach still does not like rice in any large amounts.  it was the chips, the crackers, the not enough veggies, that slowly set me back - about 10 lbs, and back to swollen legs and lots of foot pain.    So what does one do ~  get back to what truly worked.  Whole 30.  

so I will make sure to post my meals so that I stay on top of it.

Day 1  starting wt 187.4

m1  3 eggs w/ sauted yellow squash, onions -  coffee with almond milk

m2  left roast pork, brussel sprouts, sauted yellow squash, onions

m3   hamb patty, left over brussel sprouts, and squash

snack  - after dinner, was cut up carrot sticks, and 1 egg muffin ( prosciutto wraps with egg, yellow peppers, broccoli)

I did not drink enough water,  oh I did have a fruit smoothie - with protein powder - because my 1st break at work was 11 and lunch was not until 2pm so needed something to hold me over.   I typically make meatballs so then I can eat a mini meal when necessary but I forgot to cook some this weekend.

i'm excited to see how I am feeling after this whole 30 !

"feel the fear and do it anyway"

Thanks ChristyR !!  you will do well !

Day 2

m1  a salad - lettuce, cukes, peppers, cauliflower, broccoli, 2 hard boiled eggs with balsamic vinegarette that I made myself

m2  a garbage bowl -  ie meaning left overs - ground beef, sauted cauliflower (or others call it cauliflower rice) onions, with beef broth ( homemade) and tomato juice.

m3  beef veggie soup.  meat from the soup bones, and broth I made on Monday.

snacks - almonds, banana,  egg muffin.

I can't wait to see some results ~ my newest jeans are tight -  I never buy tight jeans - and don't like to wear tight jeans.  I need room to wiggle !!   LOL

Day 3

So I thought I was going to blow it - big time. I was running very low in veggies, eggs, and just about everything else.   I really am proud of myself, I managed to make not just 1 meal but all 3 with what little I had.

I keep stems, leaves ect from broccoli and cauliflower for broth, so I dug those out (except the leaves) blitzed them in the food processor.  Also chopped up sweet potato, onions, and pepper.  

M1 was the above hash with 1 farm fresh egg, and 2 egg muffins.

m2   was left over soup last night with hash and left over ground beef. it was delish

m3 was leftover m2

snack was almonds, a few blue berries, grapes and some strawberries and 1/2 of a banana   afternoon and before I made m3 (was shopping right after work - so needed something to hold me until m3)

Tomorrow is a good friends birthday ~ we are going to the botanical gardens, they are having a garden fair.  So will have to figure out something to eat before going ... I bought ground pork, and ground chicken. with the  chicken i'm going to try my hand at making a chicken nugget that has sw. potatoes in it.   not sure when that is going to get done.. cuz I work Saturday too.   

so all in all........ a good Day 3. 

Day 4 - Friday

m1 salad (same as the day before)  m2  3 eggs with fried potato, & sweet potato, mushrooms m3 - went to a Mexican restaurant and had a chicken taco salad.   snacks were the same as the day before.   my friend and I were talking about a mutual friend who is diabetic and has a major sugar dragon... I worry about her -   so after dinner they bring mints.. I mindlessly grabbed one (cuz I needed to cool of my mouth from the heat and freshen my breath )  my friend slapped my hand !!!!  it was hilarious - I looked at her like  WTH -  she says ummmmmm do you really want to start over. ??   LOL   almost blew it !  Thank God she saved me.

Day 5 - Sat

M1 eggs/potato M2  salad   M3 -  was a cup of broth, some grapes and blue berries.  was totally not hungry.  I took some broth to my friend who is battling cancer, she was home to visit - and the side affects of the radiation started, so she needed something to help ease her stomach.

Day 6  - Today

m1  was just eggs, bad planning - had to go to church but really needed to sleep in a bit - so I didn't leave myself any time for anything else.

m2   made homemade chicken nuggets (thank you Pinterest) - gr chicken, chopped sweet potato, coconut flour, s/p, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika - bake 400 degrees, for about 20 mins flipping 1/2 way through.  I also fried some to see if they would appeal better to my daughter-  and I have to admit the flavor was better.  so note - next time up the spices.  then made an asia chopped salad (again Pinterest)   dressing was coconut aminos, dates, ginger, onion garlic, sesame oil, olive oil (I used avocado) blitzed in my magic bullet.   it was nice for something different.

I have made mayo, ranch dressing  (whole 30 cookbook) for the rest of the chicken nuggets.   I like cukes in ranch so will make a small dish of those for the week.

Bought some ground pork to make meatballs...  my stand by for every w30 I have done.   they are great to grab as a snack - or a meal when I am rushed.  (Thank you Well Fed and Well Fed 2)

Had nephews grad party today - nothing but meat and watermelon that was compliant for me to eat.  I ate a pretty decent serving of the Asian salad before I left so I really didn't mind.

Tomorrow is my 9 hr day -  so I think I should decide tonight on what I am eating.  The bummer is - that my first break is usually 10-11  then lunch is not until 2 (yah stupid I know - trust me I have complained plenty)   I cant make a meal on my 1st break  so I think I will make a salad first thing in the morning so I have that ready for lunch (which I will eat at my desk or I will have to wait until 2 to eat)

Off to read some posts and get some encouragement ! 

wow - where did the days go ???   It is now day 9 ~   meals have been compliant.  Mondays are always tuff - but made it through with minimal snacking.  I was suppose to go shopping Monday night but ended up with a headache - so went to bed instead.  Went shopping last night - bought ingredients to make a sun dried tomato chicken.  Trying to decide if I can make it in my pressure cooker.  That would make my life easier. 

will be going out to dinner tomorrow - but again going to a Mexican restaurant .  so I am not worried.  

I have had the chicken nuggets with salad.  Breakfast today was eggs, smashed potatoes, asparagus.  lunch was a burger and fresh veggies w/ home made ranch.

tonight was chicken nuggets and smashed potatoes.  

This weekend I have a group get together ~  I am bringing veggies for the grill, like zucchini, yellow squash, asparagus.

i'm done for tonight

Archived