Looking for latex-free meals to order

Ginsky

I was heartbroken to find out from customer service of Pre-Made Paleo that they use latex gloves in preparing their meals so I can't use their service.  Glad I wrote to them and asked but now I'm wondering if anyone has found and tried any other service during their Whole30.  I would really like to have a few meals ready to go that I didn't have to prep in advance just to have for emergencies.  Emphasis on that I'm looking for an alternative to cooking in advance all the time.  I already do this as well as have quick meal plan ideas, etc and would like this as an extra safety net.  

• Moderators

I've never ordered any of them, so I can't give you advice on how they taste or anything, but if you check the Whole30 Approved page, there are several other meal services listed -- that might be a place to start. Some of them are only in certain areas, so they may not all work for you. You might also google meal delivery in your area and see if any of them can work with you to come up with Whole30 compliant meals.

I have picked up frozen meals from Beetnik brand before -- I found them at my local health food store, I'm not sure where else they're available. Not all of them are Whole30 compliant so always read the label, and they felt low on vegetables and might have needed a little extra fat, but they'd be a good base for a meal, and you could easily serve them with premade salad or steamed frozen vegetables and some olives or avocados. They were nice to have on hand when I messed up dinner or was running late and didn't have time to make something.

If you're already batch cooking meals, you can just cook more of whatever you're making (if you're making carnitas, get a bigger piece of pork, throwing a tray of chicken and veggies into the oven to roast with more than you need for just the week) and make your own freezer meals. Then you know there's no latex involved. 

Edited to add: I know you said you wanted suggestions other than cooking in advance. But if you really want to be sure that the meals are safe, it's your best bet. What if one company says they use nitrile gloves but accidentally get a delivery of latex gloves and no one notices? It's an unlikely scenario, but still...

Someone from Paleo on the Go got back to me that they are completely latex free so I decided to give them a try.  I'm going to look at some other companies as well, always good to have more options.  

• 4 weeks later...

Archived