Hi.

My wife and I started the 21 sugar detox and ended up starting the whole 30 a week later.

We are following the whole 30 to the "T", we haven't cheated at all. We use the recipes and we exercise regularly. We are really feeling all the things the book describes as one might move through the stages of this program. We are currently in the middle of week 3.

My wife has some gastrointestinal problems, more specifically, constipation, often. We had hoped that eating the Whole 30 way would clear up this issue. Maybe we're being hasty but the last two and half weeks has not changed this issue at all. Any suggestions? .

Thanks,

Aaron and Shannon Singer B)

Hi aaron,

I had some problems myself around week 2 - 3, mine was more bloating and wind, but very uncomfortable. I read on a post that some people drink bone broth, I had some made up in the freezer, but the thought of drinking made me gag! however, i decided i would give it a try (after the comment in iswf you are not 12 yrs, lol). so glad i did it tastes fine and it seems to have done the trick, i have only been drinking for about 5 days and already feel the difference, maybe she could give it a try, google to see the benefits for yourself. hang on in there things do settle down.

hi aaron and shannon -

lots of people have gastro issue, especially in the first few weeks since things are shifting and your gut flora needs time to readjust to your new ways of eating. it may take more time to sort itself out, especially if she was having problems before she started.

others have found success by adding a digestive enzyme to their meal intake. my sister is missing her gall bladder, and these were recommended to her to help with the breakdown of the increased fat and protein that is likely being consumed on the whole30. we use NOW Superfoods digestive enzymes. not all are created equal, and the moderators have suggested these before, i believe.

i hope that helps, and i hope the symptoms resolve for you quickly!

Archived