Gin's 5th Successful Whole30 Log

Ginsky

Day 25

Another round of yesterday's cucumber gazpacho and some biltong for breakfast.

I made chili and ended up having chili with green beans for both lunch and dinner.  I did some mayo comparisons between my ninja blender and immersion blender, ninja wins and the experiment provided fat through my day so I didn't add more to lunch and dinner.  

12 hours ago, Ginsky said:

I did some mayo comparisons between my ninja blender and immersion blender, ninja wins and the experiment provided fat through my day so I didn't add more to lunch and dinner.  

I tried to make mayo in my ninja and I'll I got was liquid (and a mess).  That was a waste of 1 1/4 cup olive oil.  I made with my immersion blender yesterday with much better success.  The fist time I tried with the stick blender it was blending great that near the end it went "poof" and turned to liquid again.  So, two out of four times making mayo has been a disaster for me. 

Day 26

I made tuna salad which I had on "cucumber boats" for breakfast.  I sliced a cucumber in half, scooped the seeds (which I ate) and filled with tuna salad.

Lunch was chili with basil lemon zucchini and a side plate of Castelvetrano olives

And dinner was more chili with spinach and cucumber with black olives

Day 27

I had green eggs with bacon plus some extra spinach on the side.  (eggs, spinach, salt, pepper in blender.  Pour into hot pan, cover, ignore for a few minutes until done.)

I made some sweet potato slices to go with chili for lunch, added some kalamata olives to my plate.  

For dinner I rubbed a rib-eye steak with salt, cocoa powder, and a little cumin, let it sit for probably an hour on the counter then pan seared it in bacon fat and let it rest for a few minutes before slicing.  I made a tarragon/mayo dressing to put over the steak slices.  I love the way it all turned out.  I had a pretty generous serving of green beans with my steak.  

Day 28

I had an easy breakfast of leftover steak with a watercress salad.

Tuna with green beans and kalamata olives for lunch, easy again.

Dinner was eggs over easy with a mixed leafy salad, with a garlic,herbs, lime, mayo dressing.  

Got a little  motivated to clear some junk from my closet, strong start but still a long way to go.  

Day 30

Salmon patty and mixed leafy salad for breakfast

Egg-drop and spinach soup, was already munching on pistachios while cooking.

Shrimp scampi with sauteed green beans and kalamata olives for dinner.

Still tense and tired, really glad dinner is done and that I didn't skip meals even though I really wanted to skip all of them.  

Archived