Day 1: Tummy Troubles

I began my Whole 30 yesterday and kept my meals totally compliant, until a small handful of cashews made with peanut oil (it was an unintentional mistake and I didn't read the label) put me back a day to another Day 1. 

I woke up feeling really icky. Slight headache, sort of hungry but not really wanting a full breakfast. Yesterday's first meal was tough to get down, simply because of its size. Today I decided to try smaller portions, but I'm now left with a horrible stomach ache and feel bad. 

How do I fix my sensitive tummy trouble?

• Moderators

If this is a pretty big change from how you were eating before, it's pretty normal to have some digestive issues early on. It is important to eat, though, or you'll just continue to have headaches and not feel well. Maybe try fairly easy to eat things like chicken breast, scrambled eggs, baked potato or sweet potato with a little ghee or oil and salt. Be sure you're drinking plenty of water, salt your food, and do try to eat something. 

@ShannonM816 thanks for your advice. I'm trying to slowly increase my portion sizes at breakfast (and all meals, really) to fit the meal template guide. I couldn't finish the rest of my breakfast, even though it was tasty. I will try easy things like a hard boiled egg, potato and ghee in the mornings and see if that helps. 

Archived