Whole30 In Disney (Florida)

Hey Everyone,

I actually did a search before making this thread, I couldn't find the answers I was looking for, so I apologize in advance if they are there and I just didn't see them:

I'm trying to figure out which resort to stay at, and this will help me make my decision, so I'm mainly asking about specific restaurants/places to eat at the Disney Resorts, but people please feel free to add places in the parks too if you want.

So I have never been before, and from what I can tell, each resort has a "Food Court" area, and a sit down restaurant.

Do any of the resorts have more (if any) Whole30 options compared to the other? If so, which one(s)? And Which Restaurants? (You can even mention specific things to order if you remember and don't mind)

I'm asking in terms of places in the Food Courts (If there even are any) And the Sit down Restaurants too.

Thank you very much in advance everyone :D

• Moderators

I'm not sure if you're actually going to be in the middle of your Whole30, or finished it and just trying to stay pretty close to Whole30-ish, but a quick google search turns up several bloggers who've posted about eating paleo at Disney parks that may be helpful, and there are even some results in there from here on the forums discussing the best way to approach this, although I'm not sure how many people go and try to stay 100% Whole30 compliant. This definitely seems like a good opportunity for riding your own bike, although if you're in the middle of a Whole30 and want to stay compliant, I'm sure you can pack your own food for many meals and research options and do that. 

What day of your Whole30 will you be on?  I think the stress of trying to maintain 100% compliance knowing that even with your best efforts, in a bulk food service situation like a theme park, you're never going to really be sure what you're getting, would be more trouble than it's worth.  Packing your own food would be the way to be sure.

Thank you very much for your replies everyone.

Yeah, I did a google search before posting.  I'm just looking for a list of places to eat and what hotels they are at, that's all.  I see a few specific places listed here and there, but most of them are for when you are at the parks, so was posting here to see if anyone that has gone recently found any hidden gems, or just wouldn't mind sharing any info from personal experience :)

I am heading to Legoland this weekend and my plan is to order lettuce wrapped burgers (no condiments) and salads with no dressing wherever I go! I will bring all of my own snacks to fill in.  I think those are good options for you at Disney too!

On ‎6‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 5:24 PM, Letthemusicplay6 said:

Thank you very much for your replies everyone.

Yeah, I did a google search before posting.  I'm just looking for a list of places to eat and what hotels they are at, that's all.  I see a few specific places listed here and there, but most of them are for when you are at the parks, so was posting here to see if anyone that has gone recently found any hidden gems, or just wouldn't mind sharing any info from personal experience :)

Hi! I am a Disney Passholder, we are there about once a month. I am constantly on a quest to find healthy options there. I will be very honest that of all the hotels I've stayed at and all the places I've eaten in the park, you are going to have a very difficult time finding whole30 approved food. There are healthy options, and some that could fall under the "paleo" umbrella, but not so much Whole30. I would first recommend you don't attempt whole30 at Disney, but if you are going to, I would pack your own food, you are allowed to bring that into the parks.

The restaurants that most likely could accommodate you are going to be the higher end restaurants. Victoria & Alberts and Narcoosee at the Grand Floridian, Yachtsman at the Yacht Club, Le Cellier in Epcot are some that I can think of off the top of the my head. Bear in mind, these are $$$$ restaurants. But they are options.

If you attempt Whole 30 at Disney, good luck. If you don't, please enjoy some of the wonderful food they have there!! Their food options are amazing, there's no where else like it :)

• 1 month later...

I wish I had seen this sooner!

I am a Disneyland regular with a brother who works in foods at the Resort. I would imagine that policy at the CA resort would be the same as that in FL, so I will tell you what my brother has told me.

In an effort to be as accessible as possible to all guest's dietary needs, a guest with dietary concerns need simply approach the cashier/waiter and ask to speak with the chef about allergen/dietary concerns. I did this myself today at the CA resort. The chef wasn't familiar with Whole30, but not only worked with me to figure out what I could have from their menu (a delicious chicken & apple salad), but also took notes about the plan so that he could learn more on his break in the event that future guests visit during their own Whole30. The cast members want to make sure that guests are able to have a great experience, no matter their food needs.

Archived