So this is happening... again. W30R2

kellyfoss

12 hours ago, Fallen_Leaf said:

I hope you like it!  I know it really helps with my digestion when I drink it with or right after big meals, usually dinner for me.  I like it so much I started brewing my own to save money.  It's fun to do as well!

Funny story...bought the Kombucha and I saw this variety called cayenneade...because I like spicy stuff...well let me tell you DO NOT put that stuff in a wine glass and try to drink it!! The wine glass shape really makes the aroma of the drink go in your nostrils (I guess I was drinking it like I would a good glass of wine)...took a good sniff of that cayenne and I was coughing like a mad woman!! LOL! I bought a couple of other variations that I will try tonight! 

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Feeling great this morning! SO nice to wake up feeling refreshed :)

Had a super weird dream though...you guys are going to think I have a drinking problem...lol...I dreamed I was SUPER drunk to where I could barely speak or move! I was thinking "WHY did I do this?? I wish it would just wear off!" It was horrible, I was so glad to wake up and end that dream!

only had breakfast today so far, the usual 2 eggs, 1 tomato, 1/2 avocado. Added some of that nut pod stuff to my coffee. I don't know, that stuff just tastes "off" to me...I ordered it through Amazon and got it in my mailbox...I live in TX...wonder if it got too hot?

32 minutes ago, cashnic72 said:

Funny story...bought the Kombucha and I saw this variety called cayenneade...because I like spicy stuff...well let me tell you DO NOT put that stuff in a wine glass and try to drink it!! The wine glass shape really makes the aroma of the drink go in your nostrils (I guess I was drinking it like I would a good glass of wine)...took a good sniff of that cayenne and I was coughing like a mad woman!! LOL! I bought a couple of other variations that I will try tonight! 

LOL!!!  I haven't seen that variety, but I'll remember not to mess with it.

Day 7!

Ooh yesterday Day 6 I was compliant but I think I ate more than I should!  

B: eggs/tomato/avocado...tomatoes were from Sprouts market and they are so good

L: broccoli slaw, primal kitchen Greek dressing...sounds gross but I added a little orange juice to the dressing, I know that is probably not good but it needed a little more sweetness with the slaw. Leftover w30 compliant meatloaf. This combo was surprisingly good

afternoon at the pool, I had the Gingerberry Kombucha and a few raspberries that my daughter was eating

Dinner: leftover sweet potato with leftover steak, tomato, avocado, some broccoli slaw and almond slivers. It is amazing how sweet that sweet potato tasted. Same with those raspberries in the afternoon. Wow

also...a handful of pumpkin seeds...this was an impulsive moment yesterday.

i think I ate more than I really should have, out of boredom or trying to fight off cravings for a cocktail. I know, not good. Will work on that. 

This Sunday morning the family had specialty donuts (one was a maple bacon DONUT)...I did not have trouble saying no and having eggs/tomato/avo instead. 

Today I feel good physically! Prior to starting whole30 I felt like my belly suddenly doubled. It was weird...I am not sure if it was gradually getting bigger and all of a sudden I noticed it, or it actually did expand quickly...I'm thinking the latter because I was also experiencing sore boobs. It has to be hormonal. I hope whole30 will balance this all out.

good luck to all still on the plan! Sorry about the long posts but this is also sort of a diary for me to keep track of everything.

nicole

Pro: I stayed compliant on my trip

Con?: I may have eaten a little more than I should have? But maybe not, because my stomach was growling for breakfast...

Con: I had an argument with my SO today and I just want to faceplant into a bucket of wine... UGH. This is so fucking hard. I don't want to feel feelings. 

Good job keeping strong guys and girls!  I'm finding it not as difficult as I thought it would be to turn down bad foods.  On the way home from a hike this afternoon I refused the offer to go to McDonalds.  But that kinda got me thinking thoughts about bailing and getting crap food.  I have stayed strong though!  I really want to actually do the Whole30 and reintroductions, 30 days isn't long.  We can do it!  I just need to keep reminding myself of the reasons, and how good it will feel to know I did the entire 30 days.  

4 hours ago, linguistenator said:

Pro: I stayed compliant on my trip

Con?: I may have eaten a little more than I should have? But maybe not, because my stomach was growling for breakfast...

Con: I had an argument with my SO today and I just want to faceplant into a bucket of wine... UGH. This is so fucking hard. I don't want to feel feelings. 

I hear you on the eating too much, I felt the same way this weekend. 

Also hear you on the wine and feelings! Wine is a tough one. It's just associated so strongly with helping us get through unpleasant feelings. Is there something else that would help you take your mind off the tough stuff, like a movie or shopping? Just to get away for a bit. 

1 hour ago, Fallen_Leaf said:

Good job keeping strong guys and girls!  I'm finding it not as difficult as I thought it would be to turn down bad foods.  On the way home from a hike this afternoon I refused the offer to go to McDonalds.  But that kinda got me thinking thoughts about bailing and getting crap food.  I have stayed strong though!  I really want to actually do the Whole30 and reintroductions, 30 days isn't long.  We can do it!  I just need to keep reminding myself of the reasons, and how good it will feel to know I did the entire 30 days.  

Yes! We can do it! A week is already over!! 1/4 done! 25% done! 

I was having some serious tough cravings this evening after dinner, over two stupid donuts that were left from the family's breakfast this morning. Two old, stale donuts!! Hey if we're gonna go down, let's not go down that way on McDonald's and stale donuts!! Not worth it.

lunch today I had pho with all the veggies and beef minus the noodles...just as good without those noodles I promise. 

Dinner was grilled shrimp and grilled zucchini and yellow squash. 

Had an Rx bar for the first time this afternoon. I don't think I could eat those regularly, it's too much like candy or dessert for me. So damn good though.

Good night! Another day in the bank!!

Nicole 

R2D5-8

Welp, sorry to say, I fell off the wagon this weekend. :( Boo hiss. I did my best to stay strong, but my wonderful boyfriend wanted to take me to a nice dinner and then our absolute favorite ice cream place afterwards because it was GORGEOUS outside and we didn't want to stay home and cook. I tried to resist, but honestly... I don't feel that bad about it. Maybe because it's not my first W30? I already did the reintros and found out what I needed to know. This round was more about getting back on track and regaining my "tiger blood" level of health after a couple months of backsliding. Anyway, I had ice cream. It was FAB. Not even going to lie. It was worth it to see how happy it made him to take me out, and I don't regret it.

I'm back on the horse, starting over again! M1 today was compliant and M2 and 3 will be as well. I'm still committed to seeing this through. After only a week I was already starting to notice changes in my sleep, energy level and the way my pants fit. So back to the drawing board we go... such is life! Also, looks like W30 in the summer is gonna be wayyy harder than in the winter, at least for me. Getting my game face on now!

Cat Update: Took stray kitty to the vet today, turns out she's gonna be a mama. As if this wasn't complicated enough already. Not sure how far along she is, but they expect her to be due in a couple weeks max. We are now doubling our efforts to get her into a shelter as we have zero resources for, or experience with, pregnant cats. That said, she's happily snoozing in our cool garage with food and water as we speak. Sigh.

13 hours ago, cashnic72 said:

lunch today I had pho with all the veggies and beef minus the noodles...just as good without those noodles I promise. 

Omg... I hadn't even thought of that. That sounds brilliant.

Re: the wine... RIGHT??! I stayed compliant though -- did a quick but brutal workout, ate probably a few too many pecans, (but you know what, it was a hell of a lot better than wine) and watched some Doctor Who to zone out. Not too terrible. I mean, the feelings are kind of terrible, but I didn't self-destruct. Lol.

@kellyfoss You got this. It sounds like this was a perfect example of food freedom -- it was a special occasion and a special treat, and it was awesome. Not like stale donuts ;) Just pick yourself up and KCWO. (Keep calm, Whole30 on.)

I also agree that after JUST A WEEK I already feel and look so much better! It's insane how huge a difference a few days of treating my body nicely can make...

Poor kitty cat. Seriously, you can message me and I can find out whether I have fostering friends in your neck of the wood (I am a cat lover and I know lots of other people nationally who are, too!)

9 minutes ago, linguistenator said:

Omg... I hadn't even thought of that. That sounds brilliant.

Re: the wine... RIGHT??! I stayed compliant though -- did a quick but brutal workout, ate probably a few too many pecans, (but you know what, it was a hell of a lot better than wine) and watched some Doctor Who to zone out. Not too terrible. I mean, the feelings are kind of terrible, but I didn't self-destruct. Lol.

@kellyfoss You got this. It sounds like this was a perfect example of food freedom -- it was a special occasion and a special treat, and it was awesome. Not like stale donuts ;) Just pick yourself up and KCWO. (Keep calm, Whole30 on.)

I also agree that after JUST A WEEK I already feel and look so much better! It's insane how huge a difference a few days of treating my body nicely can make...

Poor kitty cat. Seriously, you can message me and I can find out whether I have fostering friends in your neck of the wood (I am a cat lover and I know lots of other people nationally who are, too!)

Thank you, sent you a message! And yep, I definitely exercised food freedom at that moment and I really thought I'd feel worse about it than I do - which is a good thing, I think. Means I'm learning not to pin guilt or blame on food decisions I make, but to keep moving forward and make healthy choices 80% of the time! Could I actually be LEARNING something? ;) Gasp!

I'm glad you're already feeling results! Wait until the end, it's so worth it to see what a month of being kind to your body can do!

Kellyfoss just keep on going. No judgement here. This small group here has been such a pleasure messaging with as compared to my first W30 group...whoa there were some serious zealots in that group who could not say one positive thing to anyone. 

Oh WOW kitty is going to be a mama in TWO WEEKS?? wow that wa surprising I imagine!! I'd be knee deep in ice cream AND wine now if I were you!

Linguistenator congrats for eating pecans AND working out! Hey if we're being honest here I would say I had too many cashews yesterday too :)

today I woke up w a massive headache. Hmmm starting to wonder about the headaches, I ate a good breakfast so why?? Could also be allergies as I was sneezing this morning too. 

Y'all I made breakfast tacos this morning using JICAMA TORTILLAS. YES. I saw on a Whole30 message board that my grocery store sells them. They were good! 

Heres what I put in it:

leftover chopped steak

eggs

tomato

avocado

salsa 

heated those jicama "tortillas" for about 20 seconds and it was really good.  What a surprise since I freaking hate jicama.

kelly don't leave the board! It's ok if you are a little behind :) we have to know the latest on mama kitty!

@kellyfossCongrats on your food freedom attitude, and look at you, you're already back on the wagon!  I'm glad you didn't beat yourself up and you just enjoyed a good dinner with your man.  Sounds like it made you both happy!  Sending you good karma wishes on the kitty situation.  Buuuuuuuuuuut if you do end up with kittens then... PICTURES!

@cashnic72I used to wake up with nasty headaches too.  I found out at a dentist visit that I was grinding the everliving shit out of my teeth at night and clamping my jaw shut.  They ended up making a mouth guard for me to wear at night and it totally helped.  That may be way off from what's causing yours, but, just a thought!

I just got invited to a concert on Saturday night.  It will be a looong night (long drive there and back).  I'm going to have to plan and pack food.  I'm feeling very 50/50 on whether I'll stay strong or not.  But I'm just going to try not to worry about it too much, but still be prepared.  I already don't drink, so at least that's a big temptation down.

12 hours ago, linguistenator said:

Annnd tonight I feel bloated and gross for no reason. UGH. I hate that!!! Makes me feel like all the progress is gone. I guess it'll pass. 

According to the whole 30 timeline, you are right on track and that bloating will pass! Hang in there!!

5 minutes ago, cashnic72 said:

According to the whole 30 timeline, you are right on track and that bloating will pass! Hang in there!!

Pretty much!! Also I dreamed last night about eating BBQ potato chips and a pint of peanut butter cup ice cream. I don't even LIKE barbecue chips! The food dreams are my least favorite side effect. I feel guilty even in the damn dreams -- and dream-me didn't even enjoy eating the junk!

14 hours ago, Fallen_Leaf said:

@cashnic72I used to wake up with nasty headaches too.  I found out at a dentist visit that I was grinding the everliving shit out of my teeth at night and clamping my jaw shut.  They ended up making a mouth guard for me to wear at night and it totally helped.  That may be way off from what's causing yours, but, just a thought!

I just got invited to a concert on Saturday night.  It will be a looong night (long drive there and back).  I'm going to have to plan and pack food.  I'm feeling very 50/50 on whether I'll stay strong or not.  But I'm just going to try not to worry about it too much, but still be prepared.  I already don't drink, so at least that's a big temptation down.

Yes I have one of those mouth guards and it definitely helped with headaches. However I'm not sure of the recent resurgence. I think my body is either ridding itself of toxins (there are other reasons I think that but it's TMI!! Let's just say I had some nasty build up inside). No headache today so hopefully I'll continue with no headache!

@Fallen_Leaf, if you don't drink, you can fight temptation at that concert! You can do it! How about this...anything that are you MOST favorite foods you can eat right now (for me that would be avocados and cashews and those Rx bars and Kombucha) I'd eat that stuff unlimited just for the concert night. So you feel like you are getting a treat too! Eat something filling before you even get in the car! Can you bring food into the concert? 

Good morning everyone!!

didnt sleep great last night...I think I might have had too much caffeine later in the day yesterday without realizing it. Had green tea in the afternoon and also had a whole green tea Kombucha. I just had a lot of energy before bedtime, which as my husband can attest is very rare. 

I did allude to this in a previous post...my body is DEFINITELY ridding itself of toxins. Like, it's alarming :wacko:. I'll spare you the deets but it is sort of amazing how much junk stays in our bodies when we eat/drink poorly. 

Already talked about yesterday's jicama tortilla breakfast, excellent.

L: I'm boring. Made another batch of the Chinese chicken salad I had last week. It's really good...added some chopped apple this time.

D: made a buffalo chicken casserole that was tasty! The family ate it although I don't think they loved it. I should have had some cheese for them to add to their portion. I thought it was pretty darn good though. Shredded chicken, diced onion/celery/carrot/cauliflower, franks original hot sauce and compliant mayo. 

Yesterday eve I was craving sweet but just got wrapped up in a movie to get my mind off of it. However I sure was hungry last night, I just couldn't think of anything but sweets. It's so weird because normally I'm really not a sweets person. I think I have to eat more protein to avoid this.

this morning had two eggs, 1 tbl salsa...mix it up in a mug, microwave 1 min, stir and microwave 1 additional minute. Some tomatoes, and ate on the way to work. Had to be here early for an 8 am meeting that was CANCELLED when I got here. That is irritating as f...

last two days of working out, I do not have much energy. Hope that picks up again.

Y'all have a great day!!

nicole

R2D2 (Kinda D9)

Not sure how to label my posts anymore, ha. Technically it's day 2 again, but I felt little to no repercussions physically from my "food freedom" day on Sunday, so I still sort of feel like it's day 9. But for the sake of doing a "real" W30, we'll go with 2 to be fair.

M1: Three scrambled eggs with tomato salsa, half an avocado, coffee. My go-to breakfast lately. Fills me up and is delish.

M2: Pathetically I forgot to pack my lunch last night (in the midst of my rage and sadness over the Cavs losing), so I ate a banana and an RX bar at my desk. Fail.

M3: Grilled steak, mushrooms, onions and salad. More than made up for the lack of lunch.

I tell you what, when I am super stressed the struggle to stay on-plan is REAL, folks. My online classes are intense right now, I'm juggling my full-time job and my part-time job as best I can because I really don't want to have to lose the part-time job. The extra income is sooo nice and is really the only way I can save money at all. And while we do have a for sure place to take Regal the Pregnant Garage Cat a week from today, I still keep hoping I can find her a place quicker than that. I honestly don't know how long she has before we'll have kittens on our hands, but waiting another week makes me antsy. Going to keep calling around and bugging shelters in the meantime.

So yeah, I want chocolate. And wine. But I'm staying strong.

On the bright side of things, I already feel SO much better after these past 9 days! My clothes fit the right way again, I'm sleeping better, and I don't need as much caffeine to get me through the day. Gonna keep on chugging. Glad I have all of you to commiserate with! ;)

P.S. Bonus photo attached of the infamous preggers kitty! Believe it or not, they tell us she's around 2 years old. Smallest adult cat I've ever seen at 8 lb (and that includes her babies).

18893327_10154383425182811_2773586895181295004_n.jpg

On 6/12/2017 at 1:40 PM, cashnic72 said:

Kellyfoss just keep on going. No judgement here. This small group here has been such a pleasure messaging with as compared to my first W30 group...whoa there were some serious zealots in that group who could not say one positive thing to anyone. 

Oh WOW kitty is going to be a mama in TWO WEEKS?? wow that wa surprising I imagine!! I'd be knee deep in ice cream AND wine now if I were you!

I totally missed this comment before, thank you! I love our little group too, I think we're all very supportive and realistic here. Of course we all want to stay as diligent and W30-correct as possible, but dang... life happens, you know? Life comes first sometimes.

And yeah when the vet told me that I just started laughing. Or laugh-crying, I'm not sure which. But you know, now I know we were meant to rescue her because we'll be rescuing her babies too! That brings me some comfort.

@cashnic72That's a really good idea, I will grab some compliant sort of bar!  Thanks for the support!  I plan to bring my lunchbox with 1 meal and 1 snack in it.  And I'll eat something filling before I leave, and bring the Rx bar with me.  Luckily my friend knows I'm doing the Whole30, so she won't think I'm too much of a weirdo bringing my own dinner to the concert haha.  Also, your buffalo chicken casserole sounds amazing, I have a buffalo chicken recipe I LOVE but is not compliant.  I'm totally making yours though, b/c that sounds easy peasy!  You just throw it in a disk and bake I assume?

@kellyfossOhmagod that cat is so cute!  I'm glad you found a place for her :)  Way to go on working full time and attending school, I only managed that for like 1 semester.  So way to go girl.

I'm feeling good this afternoon, I feel like I have the energy to work on the things I've been wanting to do as side projects/hobbies after work.  I'm not sure if it's the Whole30, or if it was my decision to NOT turn on the TV as soon as I got back from work.  Maybe the Whole30 gave me more clarity to make the decision.  I just really can't put into words how happy I am to have this energy after work though.  In my log one of my reasons for doing this was that I wanted to feel good all day again.  I'm so happy!

Congrats to everyone on another day!!

Archived