Coconut aminos--say what?

Alana in Canada

Alana not sure where you are in Canada but Planet Organic in Edmonton carries them, so maybe another oragnic store? They are also online at a place called something like Lo Carb Canada or something. It's like soy sauce. Braggs IS soy but doesn't have wheat (so maybe an post w30 option if you choose to have soy in your life).

I had the same reaction when I first saw a recipe calling for coconut aminos!

You should be able to find them in any whole foods type grocery store, likely in the same area you would find soy sauce. Bottle even looks the same!

• 2 weeks later...

Aha! I just found a company that makes coconut aminos (in the U.S. only? not sure). Coconut Secret. I went to their website and found that the two natural food stores close to me (should) stock it. Also, reviews on amazon are awesome. Looking forward to getting some soon!

OK so I picked up my first bottle of coconut aminos! But then I was afraid to take them into the restaurant tonight. I need a dedicated small shaker bottle. Once I use up this next jar of cumin... I'm pretty excited about this stuff! I know I'm supposed to limit soy (Hashimoto's thyroiditis) but I live in a culture that uses soy (and sugar!) in pretty much everything. I'm looking forward to having a substitute for soy sauce that will work in prepared dishes and marinades.

I wasn't crazy about them immediately. I think I am just SO used to the strong, salty flavor of soy. I love it now. I also love their coconut vinegar which I just found the other day. I used it in my creamed kale that we are having with our W30 turkey dinner tonight. :)

Archived