2 meals/day - wrong i know, but bad?

hi - quick question - i'm working toward 3 meals per day but so far (day 4) i've only succeeded in getting in 2. i'm not snacking and not hungry. my first meal is around 10:30 or 11 and the second is around 5 or six. i am not willing to forego my first thing in the morning coffee, at least not yet. i'm a little person and i feel like i'm eating like a horse at my two meals. a third meal feel inconceivable. just keep going? thoughts?

• Moderators

You don't need to forgo your morning coffee but maybe drink it after your first meal of the day.  The key to tiger blood and awesome sleep, energy and good balanced hormones is eating within an hour of waking and then eating meals spaced 4-5 hours apart.  Are you using your own palm and thumb for portion metrics?  Did you want to list what you've been eating, including portion sizes, specific veggies, protein, fat and fruits and any workouts etc.... we can see if there's somethinig that stands out.

On June 3, 2017 at 3:01 PM, Ginsky said:

Welcome to day 3 of your first Whole30!  I wasn't following template at the beginning of my first Whole30 either but as I got more used to things, I improved on my meal plans.  

Hi Sugarcane - thank you so much for replying! i wasn't at first but am now eating the right proportions I think. today I had a balanced snack between my two bigger meals, so i think if I get in the habit of eating earlier in the day i can work in three meals. I'm eating one palm sized protein; a generous helping of fat; and the rest veggies, plus rare nuts and fruits. What is this tiger blood i keep hearing about? - sounds amazing. 

On June 4, 2017 at 0:28 PM, SugarcubeOD said:

You don't need to forgo your morning coffee but maybe drink it after your first meal of the day.  The key to tiger blood and awesome sleep, energy and good balanced hormones is eating within an hour of waking and then eating meals spaced 4-5 hours apart.  Are you using your own palm and thumb for portion metrics?  Did you want to list what you've been eating, including portion sizes, specific veggies, protein, fat and fruits and any workouts etc.... we can see if there's somethinig that stands out.

Thanks for this - I was dubious about my ability to eat within an hour of waking but i did it today (although I did awaken quite late) and will continue to do it. My compromise is  that I make coffee first thing then prepare breakfast while I'm enjoying my coffee. so i guess its still the wrong order - coffee then breakfast - but i'm trying to take baby steps toward easing in the morning at all, so i'm okay with it. what a journey! thanks for your support - you moderators are really on it, it's great! Thank you.

i am chronicling my experience, meals and times on page entitled "Noelle's 1st W30 journey" on the log site of the forum. But  I think i'm getting the hang of it for the most part. I do think my portions are too big although i don't seem to have any trouble packing it away. So maybe not. 

• Moderators

One thing worth mentioning... coffee is an appetite suppressant... easing in to figuring out breakfast is great and I commend you for really trying!  In a couple days if you're not getting into the swing of a full template meal within an hour of waking, you may need to consider drinking your coffee after breakfast. I know, it's a horror but it might help...

Archived