Cold-Pressed Juice

cristinamt

So... at Trader Joe's today I noticed they sell cold-pressed juice. I picked up the watermelon flavor and the ingredients were watermelon including the white rind and lime juice. There wasn't any added sugar which makes me think it's okay. I have the hardest time drinking water. I tried LaCroix but the flavor is too subtle for me and I don't want to drink it. 

If you want to put a splash of that into your water, fine, but to just drink that straight it's a no. Juice is nothing but sugar. 

Your best bet is going to be to figure out a way to just drink water. Once your tastebuds stop expecting a huge burst of sugar/flavor every time you take a sip of something, it'll get easier. Drinking juice isn't going to help that. 

• Administrators

Hi @cristinamt - what she meant was that the juice is high in naturally occurring sugars and without the associated fibre to slow absorption, it's equivilant to drinking straight sugar. 

Try diluting it with water and keep reducing the juice until it's just a splash and you can enjoy it. Juice is not recommended.

• Moderators
18 minutes ago, Bina said:

I never thought of Ginger slices.  That's a great idea! I just got a bag of fresh organic ginger from a friend and cant' figure out how to use it faster.

Put it in a ziploc bag and throw it in your freezer... you can use a microplane or grater on the frozen ginger to put in recipes and it lasts forever in the freezer :)

Archived