Mediocre first week- suggestions?

isaacb

I'm finished with week one, and not enjoying the experience very much. I'm finding myself hungry a lot, even though I'm eating good portions and snacks. I'm not noticing many positive effects either... so far no changes I can tell, though I know it's early. Any suggestions of what I should do to help improve? 

• Moderators

Hard to say what you can do to improve without knowing what you're doing right now.  THe fact that you're referring to 'snacks' tells me that you're not eating enough at your meals if you need to snack.  Feel free to list out a few days of what you've been eating including portion sizes, specific veggies, protein, fat and fruits, water consumption, workouts etc... 

And remember it's a 30 day program.  In the first week your body is figuring out what's going on and depending on how you ate and what your body was dealing with previously, healing is often prioritized over boundless energy and glowing skin :)

Thanks. I'm not sure I can list in detail more than one day, but yesterday for example I had:

Breakfast: handful of almonds, banana, handful of cashews, three dates

Snack: handful of walnuts, apple

40m walk

Lunch: 2 cups serving of w30 ground beef, 1c brocolli florettes, 1 apple

90m hike 

Coconut water

Dinner: 1c? chicken (drumstick+dark meat), w30 kale salad w roasted pistachio, cauliflower rice

Lunch especially seemed large, so I was surprised to feel hungry a lot of the day. 

• Administrators

Have you seen the meal template? It's linked below in my signature or you can google "Whole30 meal template". It asks that you compose every meal with protein, fat and vegetables. Your breakfast is two kinds of nuts and two kinds of (extremely high in sugar) fruits. No protein. No veggies. No bueno. :(

Fix up your breakfast, eat it within an hour of waking, make it large enough to carry you 4-5 hours without starving and you will likely notice an improvement.

Archived