laurelerin22

Hi all!  I've decided it's time to invest in a food processor.  I've never owned one and always made do with a blender, a stick blender, or my mixer.  Now with Whole30, I want a real food processor!  Please recommend your processor, especially if it's on the more affordable side.  I was gawking at some beauties the other day, but some of them were sooo expensive.  Thanks!!

• Moderators
46 minutes ago, laurelerin22 said:

Hi all!  I've decided it's time to invest in a food processor.  I've never owned one and always made do with a blender, a stick blender, or my mixer.  Now with Whole30, I want a real food processor!  Please recommend your processor, especially if it's on the more affordable side.  I was gawking at some beauties the other day, but some of them were sooo expensive.  Thanks!!

I have a top of the line Kitchenaid... and I haven't taken it out of the cupboard in a year... of course you can buy anything you want, but what were you using it for?  I use my stick blender, grater, julienne peeler and a whisk and have never even thought I should dig out the fp... 

5 hours ago, SugarcubeOD said:

I have a top of the line Kitchenaid... and I haven't taken it out of the cupboard in a year... of course you can buy anything you want, but what were you using it for?  I use my stick blender, grater, julienne peeler and a whisk and have never even thought I should dig out the fp... 

I have all that stuff and still feel like I want a food processor.  I guess I can't name exactly what I would be using it for, but I was really feeling like I wanted one this morning when I was attempting to make pesto in my upright blender.  Probably should have used the stick blender instead!  I know there are some models that do spiralizing now (I know I can buy a spiralizer, but they're kind of bulky, so I'd rather take up the space with something that does multiple tasks).

I've been thinking about getting a food processor also. I actually have one, but it's super small (probably 2 cups maybe) and only does one thing. It says it chops AND grinds, but I can't really tell the difference. I can't grate, for example. But I also now want an InstaPot... 

I never use my blender. It's awful. But I love my immersion blender (especially for mayo now!)

choices... choices...

Archived