BRATDOLL's Whole30, Day One

bratdoll

So, wait I thought EACH MEAL, according to the template, HAS to include 1-2 thumbs oil, 1-2 thumbs butter, 1-2 hand olive, 1-2 hand protein, veggies, 1/2-1 whole avocado, 1-2 heaping coconut, AND a closed hand of nuts......... ?????? I have been eating ALL of this, LOL! And while some of it is in the pan, sometimes I put the oil directly on the food (like when I eat a sweet potato or veggies with ghee).

So I'm definitely full with every meal, and I feel great until the next mealtime! I sit all day at work, I don't have an exercise regimine (yet), but I peeked at the scale and its going down! :) I discovered two nights ago that I dont like guacamole but last night that I like plain avocado. I'm glad I gave it another try (maybe it was the $5 i spent on them at Whole Foods, lol.....)

OMG..no. It's just one of all of those you listed as a healthy fat. Not all of them. Not sure why you are looking at the scale, but you may want to scale down the fats for the long run. Also butter is not Whole 30 at all. Do you mean ghee? Butter is dairy. Ghee is browned butter with the milk solids removed.

You can get 5 good avocados at Costco for $4.99.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OMG..no. It's just one of all of those you listed as a healthy fat. Not all of them. Not sure why you are looking at the scale, but you may want to scale down the fats for the long run. Also butter is not Whole 30 at all. Do you mean ghee? Butter is dairy. Ghee is browned butter with the milk solids removed.

You can get 5 good avocados at Costco for $4.99.

Oh lord, I misread the meal planning template. So each meal, ONE fat needs to be added, right? (And in the amount listed on the template right?)

And yes, I know butter is out (I said butter meaning coconut butter, etc)

Ghee is included in "oils"

... and I peeked at the scale because I was curious.

Oh lord, I misread the meal planning template. So each meal, ONCE fat needs to be added, right? (And in the amount listed on the template right?)

And yes, I know butter is out (I said butter meaning coconut butter, etc)

Ghee is included in "oils"

Hopefully a Mod will weigh in but yes, just one or 2 of those fats with each meal. How glorious your meals must be. :)

NOVEMBER 10: DAY NINE

B: steak, 3 egg omelette (3 eggs/ghee/green peppers/onions), espresso/coconut milk, 1/2 avocado ***before I realized that I should pick ONE FAT to add to my food, smh. LOL

L: Chicken tenderloins, mixed veggie salad, unsweetened iced tea

D: hamburger patties (2), cooked onions, broccoli, unsweetened iced tea, water

Hopefully a Mod will weigh in but yes, just one or 2 of those fats with each meal. How glorious your meals must be. :)

Not anymore!!!!!! Obviously I have been eating way more than I should! LOL!

At least my dinner last night was as it should be: 2 hand size hamburger patties, lettuce, tomato, onion, pickle, 1/2 avocado and unsweetened iced tea!!!! (At Red Robin restaurant!) LOL

As for your fats, it is actually good from my understanding to mix up two kinds of fats at a meal. So for example, I cook my veggies with one tbsp of ghee or coconut oil and then have a half an avocado or less than a 1/4 cup coconut milk drizzled over fruit or sweet potato/squash. That way even if I don't get ALL the fat that I cooked with in my stomach I know I got enough fat to keep me satiated until the next meal!

I WISH we could eat as much fat as you were at each meal.... oh man that would be such a good thing :)

As for your fats, it is actually good from my understanding to mix up two kinds of fats at a meal. So for example, I cook my veggies with one tbsp of ghee or coconut oil and then have a half an avocado or less than a 1/4 cup coconut milk drizzled over fruit or sweet potato/squash. That way even if I don't get ALL the fat that I cooked with in my stomach I know I got enough fat to keep me satiated until the next meal!

I WISH we could eat as much fat as you were at each meal.... oh man that would be such a good thing :)

Dont rub it in! I made a mistake! HAHAHAHAHAHAA

Staying off the scale may have been the most difficult part of my Whole30. I never did get good at that part, even after I tried to hide it from myself in the garage, where there are spiders!! Haha!

SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 11: DAY 10

B: green peppers/onions/bacon grease, bacon, 3 eggs, 1/2 avocado, espresso/coconut milk

L: black/green olives, apple, water, unsweetened iced tea (breakfast was late because I slept in, much needed)

D: 90% lean hamburger patty, brussels sprouts, 1/2 sweet potato/coconut oil, espresso/coconut milk, water

MONDAY, NOVEMBER 12: DAY 11

:wub: *been married for one month now, to my bestest friend* :wub:

B: 1/2 avocado, shrimp/olive oil/green pepper/onion, espresso/coconut milk, 3 slices pineapple

L: salmon/olive oil, brussels sprouts, yellow squash/olive oil, handful coconut, water

D: TBD sirloin hamburger, onion/green pepper/mushroom/ghee, water, banana

TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 13: DAY 12

B: 3 eggs/olive oil, green peppers/onions/mushrooms/carrots/ghee, espresso (plain), banana, water

L: hamburger, green peppers/onions/mushrooms/baby spinach/carrots/ghee, 1 hand coconut/ 1/2 hand cashews/ 1/2 hand walnuts, orange, water, unsweetened Tazo Awake tea

D: Grilled chicken, tomato salsa, lettuce, guacamole (LOVE THIS STUFF NOW!), espresso/coconut milk, unsweetened iced tea, small spoon of sunbutter to taste (and its YUMMMMMMM)

Happy anniversary to you. I had to smile reading about your fat in your dishes ;) - not in a bad way, of course. I am a few days after you (day 9). It looks like you are doing great

LOL! I'm still kicking myself about it, but I wont make that mistake again HAHA!

Wednesday, NOVEMBER 14: DAY 13

B: 3 fried eggs/olive oil, baby spinach, espresso/coconut milk

L: ground beef, green pepper/onion/mushroom/ghee, orange, handful coconut/cashew/walnut

D: hamburger, whole avocado, 2 handfuls raw baby spinach, espresso/coconut milk

I too had to chuckle at the fat of each meal. Goodness if I were doing that my BF would simply have a fit!! lol!

Congrats on the Anniversary, and the adoption of the Green Winged Macaw (fellow birdie lover over here - we have 3 small guys)

Lol!

What kind of birds do you have? I also have a pineapple green cheek conure :)

Thursday, November 15: DAY 14

*I cannot wait to do my results thread on Day 31*

B: 3 eggs fried/ghee, 2 handfuls raw baby spinach, 1/2 avocado, espresso/coconut milk

L: ground beef, broccoli/pineapple/onion/mushroom/olive oil/coconut aminos/garlic, orange, coconut/cashews, water, unsweetened tea

D: Steak, whole avocado, handfuls raw baby spinach, espresso/coconut milk, water, small palm of cashews

Oh I love Pineapples! We have two budgies (male is a bit of a joker, and female is just miss tough girl) and a green pacific parrotlet (small package, BIG attitude)

My macaw seems to be a jokester, and my little guy (who didnt seem so little until I got the macaw) thinks he is the boss of the house---big attitude as well. He's my sidekick though, we go everywhere together :wub: Are you on Avian Avenue forum as well? *VERY awesome place*

No I haven't thought about joing an aviary forum. I will be sure to check it out. My parrotlet sounds very similar to your pineapple. She is so totally my sidekick. Always perched on my shoulder, or burrowing in my hair. If anyone comes close - watch out! I'm her property you see! lol!

D: TBD *I wish my avocados were ripe, I may get some guacamole at Chipotle, since I love it so*

You may know this trick already but put an avocado in a paper bag with an apple. It should ripen faster! By the way, that ground beef with veggies and fruits sounds soo good! I'm getting my CSA meat order tonight, including 5 pounds of ground meat (we order once a month). I think your lunch will inspire future dinners!

No I haven't thought about joing an aviary forum. I will be sure to check it out. My parrotlet sounds very similar to your pineapple. She is so totally my sidekick. Always perched on my shoulder, or burrowing in my hair. If anyone comes close - watch out! I'm her property you see! lol!

LOL! Love it!

Avian Avenue is very cool. Reviews on websites for buying supplies/goodies, questions, emergency info, tons of great info there. And pictures..... gotta love pictures :) My boy Quincy does not like anyone else either, lol!

Archived