Slaying the sugar dragon

Renee

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks everyone! I don't want to say yet that I've lost 2 dress sizes. I haven't tired anything in a 6, so I don't know if it would be a little small or just right. Size 8 is getting loose (depending on the pants/cut), and size 10 is just falling off me.

Before I started, I was between 8-10 (8 being a little tight, and 10 being a little big). Saddlebags are still there *sight*, but at least, cellulite is mostly gone!

Still, I am super happy with my results so far! My boyfriend (who did 30 days, not 45) lost between 12-15# (we don't know exactly because he didn't weight before starting). Our successes have encouraged his cousin to consider eating more W30-style. He would allow beer on the weekend, but - hey! - for a guy who used to say that he loves food to much to even consider it, it's a HUGE step!

My bf's dad and his girlfriend will also do the W30 in January. He suffers a lot from chronic inflamation (especially back pain from an injury that never healed), so we hope (and expect!) this lifestyle change to help him tremendously!

Aaaaannnd... So far I've avoided the "december flu" that everyone seems to be getting. Yay for a healthy immune system!

And here is today's recap so far:

b: yellow mango + small handful of raisin + usual toppings and an organic sausage

At work, I had a department meeting from 8:30-1:30. Lunch was provided, but I had brought my own. I'm proud to say that I'm becoming more and more confident in expressing my food choices. Plus, the provided lunchboxes (sandwiches with a plastic-looking dessert) made some people envious of my lunch.

l: This Ground Beef Stroganoff (without cauliflower rice or spaghetti squash). Carrots and homemade caesar dressing.

d: TBD

It was indeed pretty good! :D

It's hard to believe that my Whole 45 ends tomorrow! What an exciting adventure it has been! I'm already thinking of what I'll be writing in my success story. When I started this journey, I found a lot of strengh and motivation reading those stories, so it's very important to me to share mine. I was pretty healthy before W30, eating kind of paleo. I just wanted to loose weight. I got so much more.

I learned to make mayo. It was pretty intimidating at first, but Melissa Joulwan's video convinced me to give it a try.

With my mayo I made caesar and ranch dressings. I also made balsamic vinaigrette (ok, that one is not that much impressive).

I made sauerkraut and kombucha (not ready yet, I give it maybe 3 more days). Earned the right to self-proclaim Fermented Food Queen.

I bought for the first time ever a gym membership. Well, hot yoga actually. But it totally count! That sh*t is hard!

Learned to appreciate love non-sweetened grapefruit

Recovered from sugar addiction. This is pretty big. I loved (it's actually a love-hate relationship because that bastard makes me fat.) I do not crave anything sweet anymore. I don't find myself in front of the vending machine (aka my sugar pusher) at work everyday, therefore saving $1,50 everyday.

I now look better naked. I'm not exactly where I want to be, but I'm much closer then I was 45 days ago!

Cellulite has reduced by about 80% (f*ck YEAH!)

Gained a lot of knowledge from reading It Starts with Food, developed superpower to convice people to give W30 a try.

Lost 8# in 30 days. I'll keep you posted sunday on my final number.

Avoided the flu (so far. fingers crossed!)

So as you can see, I'm pretty happy about my results! I wasn't expecting that much!

Food recap:

Day 43

b: blueberries, cranberries, raisin, coconut milk. sausage.

l: Ground beef stroganoff leftover with sphagetti squash, orange.

d: asian stir-fry with cauliflower rice + sweet potato

Today:

b: BACON. Oh-em-gee it's so great to have found compliant bacon!! Soo good! Also ate 2 scrambled eggs with bell pepper.

l: BACON, and a sausage with sauerkraut, salsa. Salad with cranberries raisins, sliced almonds and balsamic vinaigrette. And a grapefruit.

d: we shall see. Probably something with ground turkey or pork (considering we have 1/4 pork in our freezer and fridge)

Great result! Well done. And so glad for you! I am having the last of my beef stroganoff for breakfast as I type this...I finished day 35 on Thursday glass of wine at work function on fri so declaring a whole35 and moving on to reintro. Have been compliant since the wine so thats good. I have really enjoyed this journey following along with you. See you in reintro??

Archived