W30 Log

linguistenator

Starting the log a little late but wanted to keep myself accountable.

Today is Day 2 for me.

Day 1: Exercised in the morning.

Breakfast: Salad with eggs and greens.

Lunch: Salad with rotisserie chicken, oil/vinegar, pecans, tomatoes.

Dinner: Collard green wraps with chicken, mustard, and avocado.

Snack: Berries and a few nuts.

Day 2: Exercised in the morning.

Breakfast: Salad with eggs, greens, prosciutto, avocado.

Lunch: Salad with rotisserie chicken, oil/vinegar, pecans, tomatoes.

Dinner: TBA

Yesterday's dinner was spiralized cucumbers with mushrooms and flank steak. I had some fruit and nuts as a snack but given that I had a really intense workout in the morning I think I needed the energy. I don't want to feel too bad about it because it is certainly better than the crappy food that I have in the past eaten... I also had an afternoon snack of two eggs and kombucha.

Today:

Breakfast: Salad with eggs, prosciutto and avocado

Lunch: Salad with cashew, nutritional yeast, oil/vinegar, chicken, avocado

Snack: Kombucha, hardboiled eggs, can of sustainable tuna in water.

I had a substantial snack (bordering on dinner) because I have to go out to eat with friends later and I don't want to be so hungry that I have non-compliant food. I'm not sure there will be anything for me to eat at the restaurant and it's making me really nervous... but I will make it through somehow.

Dinner was way better than expected! Tuna and avocado. Totally satisfying and compliant. And my dinner companions were jealous of my seltzer and lime in a wine glass. :)

I had some cashews after I got home but I think it was because I was tired more than hungry. Next time I will apply HALT before I eat. 

Day 4

Breakfast: eggs, prosciutto, kale, avocado, strawberries

Lunch: arugula, steak, tomato, oil/vinegar, tomato, small handful of nuts

Going away this weekend and I'm nervous but my hotel has a refrigerator in the room and I am packing compliant foods. More nervous about staying up late. I am best off when I wake up at 6am and am in bed by 10pm, but I'm going to a social event that will keep me up late tonight and tomorrow night. I will nap if necessary, I will not sleep in on Saturday or Sunday (to keep my sleep schedule), and I give myself permission to bail out and go sleep if that's what I need. 

Day 5: I stayed compliant on my weekend away by bringing compliant sausages, hardboiled eggs, nuts, dried coconut, and compliant jerky. I didn't overdo it on the fruit and I even managed a couple compliant meals at restaurants. I am not going to worry too much about whether or not I relied too much on almonds to get me through because I'm really proud of myself for just sticking to W30 and my workout schedule while I was on the road.

Day 6: Had an argument with my SO today. He has the power to totally fucking tank my self-esteem (I know, not healthy) and my usual way of dealing is to down a bottle of wine. I really fucking want to. I'm not enjoying riding out the rollercoaster of these incredibly uncomfortable feelings. But... I took some magnesium, worked out, ate a healthy dinner, and gave myself some slack when I wanted some pecans for a snack. It's still a lot better than drinking A BOTTLE OF WINE and I'm not letting the perfect be the enemy of the good here.

Archived