Day 3- Stomach Cramps, Nausea

Hi guys!

Doing the whole30 for the first time- my eating habits were so terrible that I had diarrhea at least once a day- my body even stopped being able to absorb my birth control pill causing multiple periods and spotting. I started the Whole30 on monday and have had consistent stomach cramps and nausea since starting, especially at night- uncomfortable enough to wake me up. Is this normal? Any remedies?

• Moderators
13 hours ago, andaleee said:

Hi guys!

Doing the whole30 for the first time- my eating habits were so terrible that I had diarrhea at least once a day- my body even stopped being able to absorb my birth control pill causing multiple periods and spotting. I started the Whole30 on monday and have had consistent stomach cramps and nausea since starting, especially at night- uncomfortable enough to wake me up. Is this normal? Any remedies?

No, this isn't really a normal side effect of the Whole30.  First, the legal: we are not doctors here and cannot dispense medical advice so if you are concerned, please see your doctor.

That said, it's pretty hard to give advice without knowing what you've been eating.  If you would like directed advice, please list out what you've eaten for each meal using portion sizes from the template, specific veggies, protein, fat and fruits, fluid intake, workouts and anything else you feel may be relevant.

In the meantime, ginger tea or peppermint tea can calm the stomach.

Archived